I love yuuram so much😍😍😍. I want more canon about yuuram if you don't mind . And the novel end or still released ?
Hello fellow yuuram fan!
I’m glad you’re enjoying my yuuram posts ^^
In regards to yuuram in the novels, I’ve only done till novel 14 ( 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|
) there’s some more goodies in 15; but 16 and 17 have very few yuuram, mainly because the two are in different places.
There are nonetheless many wonderful side stories, like misepan 2, do you want an exorcism, and many other yuuram stories for you to read in the same place where you can find the novels. My suggestion is read them all.
All the main novels have been translated (there’s one gaiden that’s missing).
The novels have not ended yet, but have been on hiatus for 7 years. We’re always waiting for a new one to be released. There’s not much one can do but support the series and keep waiting.
But if we’re talking about general aspects of the yuuram relationship, there are five main points that are very important to me:
1. Novel 9, chapter 9. When Yuuri believes Wolfram is dead and reacts in a way he has never done before or since (let’s recap: Gunter, Conrad, and Josak all ‘died’ in front of him at some point). With Wolf, he loses it. He turns into the maou. He swears vengeance. And then, even though Wolfram is okay and Yuuri knows this; Yuuri acts permanently scarred by this situation (all the way to novel 17 where he mentions it again and how much Wolfram ‘dying’ troubled him to that very day).
2. Novel 9, chapter 9: There’s a scene that can be interpreted as them kissing. But the way the scene is narrated makes it impossible to tell if they did or not. I analyzed this scene here.
3. Novel 14 chapter 7: The bed scene. Since the scene where Yuuri is ‘honest about his feelings’ , ‘because he doesn’t have the strength to pretend anymore’ is cut short, we don’t know what happened next. In ‘From Shin Makoku with love” he will complain to Conrad about Wolfram not sleeping with him in the boat (this is because of what Gunter did to him in that room ). So after the bed scene (and we see this again in CD71, which continues the novel canon) Yuuri wants Wolfram in his bed, and complains if he’s not there. We do know that much.
4. Misepan 2 (post novel 17) : In Misepan 2, Yuuri wanted to cover Wolfram’s chest and didn’t want anyone to see it acting very jealous. (He couldn’t even understand himself why he was so jealous). After that he says one of the most wonderful lines ever (some lines for context)
(Wolfram) “If I was in trouble, and I was missing something important. And you had one that was exactly the same ….“
(Yuuri) “I’d lend it to you, of course”
I thought about this, literally with my hands on his chest. In fact, with my hand, that was pressed against his chest, I could feel that the speed of my partner’s and my heartbeat was the same. Anyone would get blood rushing to their brains when they’re seriously thinking about something. When I could calm down a little, I let out a small sigh.
(Yuuri) “Or rather, when it comes to things that I can give you, I would give you anything, Wolf.”
So in Misepan 2, he promises to give Wolfram anything he wants AND says that he and Wolfram feel the same for each other. Aight.
5. Do you want an exorcism? (post novel 17): Overall, this is a wonderful story that foreshadows how Yuuri’s soul/memory problem will be fixed. But there’s one line here that makes all the difference in the world.
I remember that right before I read this story, there was a conyuu fan claiming that Yuuri didn’t say that Wolfram was beautiful because he liked him, but simply because he was stating Wolfram was good looking….
And lo and behold! Takabayashi-sensei seemed to be aware of this interpretation and wanted to destroy it, which is why she wrote yet another wonderful line for Yuuri, this time, it’s an inner monologue (in italic):
And because of that rich VARIETY in the configuration, mazoku is more an ethnicity than a race.
You have from kotsuhizoku, kotsuchizoku, and bone fish who are living creatures, even though they are just bones, to the seasonal migrating tribe of half-humanoid, half-fish maidmer princesses. As for the humanoid ones, there are regular looking ones like me or Conrad, but there are also some who are super beautiful like Günter or Wolfram…………. as for the last one, this is just a little bit of my own personal bias, but it makes no difference if he’s beautiful or not.
So finally he said it! Wolfram is beautiful, but he doesn’t care. He doesn’t care if he’s beautiful or not, he likes him all the same. That phrase is really important, because he has spent LONG LONG paragraphs in the novels describing Wolfram and his beauty in poetic ways… saying things like ‘after all this time, I should be used to it, but omg! He’s so gorgeous I wanna die!’ (I’m paraphrasing XD) and now, bam! ‘Yeah, he’s super hot, but it doesn’t matter.’
This is one of my favorite phrases, Yuuri saying he doesn’t care what Wolfie looks like.
So there! My top 5 Yuuram moments/stories!