Hey, everyone. I’m really sorry for suddenly closing the inbox like this, especially when there’s not much in my inbox, but I have to take a break.
Recently, my dog- I will put it quite bluntly- was mauled to death. I certainly still feel traumatised by this, and that’s why I’m taking a break. I don’t know when I‘ll be back, but I’d say a couple of months for now.
I hope you all understand- and forgive me. I’m trying to keep as calm as possible while typing this, even if I’m shaking really badly.
Earth. Fire. Air. Water. When I was a boy, my father, Avatar Aang, told me the story of how he and his friends heroically ended the Hundred Year War. Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko transformed the Fire Nation colonies into the United Republic of Nations, a society where benders and nonbenders from all over the world could live and thrive together in peace and harmony. They named the capital of this great land Republic City. Avatar Aang accomplished many remarkable things in his life, but sadly, his time in this world came to an end. And like the cycle of the seasons, the cycle of the Avatar began anew.
Malfoy looked up from his desk, quill poised over the parchment as his son hovered by the study door. Aware that he was frowning, Draco lifted his expression into something more neutral. He was vaguely aware of his own father always frowning whenever he’d tried to talk to him as a boy, and he didn’t want Scorpius to one day think the same about him.
“Come in, come in. Shut the door, you’ll let the heat out.”
The Greengrass estate was a crumbling ruin compared to Malfoy Manner, with only half the library and none of the artifacts Draco had spent the last few years archiving and putting safely away behind spelled glass. But for now it was home, chilly stone walls and all.
“Did you want something?”
“Yes.” Scorpius replied, pausing to tug at the hem of his dark shirt. There’s still a bruise under his eye, faded to be sure, but the mere presence of it made Draco’s heart skip a beat. When he’d seen Severus Potter crawling out of the rubble, face covered in blood and no sign of his own son, he’d known terror like no other.
And Draco Malfoy was intimately familiar with the machinations of terror. He’d been hugged by it once.
“Well,” he prompted, setting aside his work entirely and giving his full attention to his son. “What is it?”
“I want my friends to come visit.”
Draco blinked. Whatever he’d been expecting, it wasn’t that. “Your…friends?”
“Albus Potter and Rosie Granger-Weasley. I would like them to come stay.”
Draco blinked again. Later he’d laugh—somewhat despairingly into a decanter of fire brandy—at the absurdity of the notion that his boy, Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy, was best friends with a Potter and the hybrid off-spring of a Granger Weasley, but the threat of impeding hysterics was quelled under the defiant gaze of his son, narrow chin lifting at some unspoken challenge.
“I see. For how long?”
“A…a week…maybe two…They’re going to France for the Quiditch Cup Primaries…” he glanced down and Draco spied the curled up parchment hidden up his sleeve. “So it wouldn’t be for long.”
Draco glanced at his desk, to the fireplace, then back to his son. “I don’t…”
I want my friends…friends…how often had Astoria lamented his lack of playmates as a child, how often had she fretted that Scorpius’ only interaction had been with adults—or books, or enchanting his own toys for someone to play with. And how quickly had Scorpius’ face crumpled at the utterance of two simple syllables.
“…know if two weeks would be wise, given your mother’s health. She’s still recovering from the move. But I shall discuss it with her, and see what can be done.”
Scorpius stilled, the beaming smile on his face reigned in to something calmer, even now, not wanting to get his hopes up too much. “Thank you. For what it’s worth, we will be good.”
Draco snorted at that, remembering the last time a Malfoy, a Potter and a Granger and a Weasley had been together at their age. “Somehow I doubt it. Go on off you go, go see what your mother is up to. She’s enjoying having you home.”
“And I am enjoying being here,” Scorpius replied, in that curiously courteous and stiff way of speaking he’d always had, even as an infant learning his words. “I am happy to be here, with you, and mother.”
“I’m…very glad to hear it.” Draco replied, unsure what else he was supposed to say to such an open admission said so politely like one was discussing the weather. “Now go on, off you go, I need to finish this manuscript before I lose the thought.”
“You’ll talk to mother though, wont you?” Scorpius pressed from his space by the door. “You’ll ask…”
“Yes, yes.” Draco waved a hand, “I’ll ask if the Potter spawn can come stay with us. Just for a little bit. To say thank you for…everything.”
Reassured, Scorpius left, closing the door behind himself with a firm click.
Draco waited several more moments, counting to a hundred before opening up the top desk of his drawer and pulling out his correspondence folder, flipping through them until he found the appropriate manila envelope, writing the address of the Ministry Neatly to the front.
Clearing his throat politely, he composed himself, then tapped it to life with his wand.
“Hello Potter,” he spat with a vicious familiar glee, unable to keep from laughing, “I’m not sure which one of us is going to be more surprised by this turn of events, but I swear to gods if you break my son’s heart by saying no, I will personally send you a red Howler on the hour every hour till the day one of us dies. Now, about dates, the last week in June works well for us…”
I was too busy writing comments, so I only got to write down about some topics he talked about:
- Most important: his mixtape is still in the process. He asked for everyone to please be patient as his mixtape has not reached its full potential. He wishes he can give us a release date, but he is quite far from that. The process is very tedious. Hoseok is treating his mixtape as an album. Many songs have been made, but at the same time many have been deleted. Just send him luck and support!
- Hoseok mentioned for European ARMYs to not worry because they are going to visit them soon! You all are not forgotten and are in discussion.
- He talked about the outfits their stylist packed for their America. He finds them to be extremely cool. As a dancer, he feels it is important to wear the perfect outfit in order for everything to flow well.
- “The last time I came on VLIVE, 1000 people had joined, but now there’s 260,000+ watching! I’m in complete shock. Thank you everyone for watching. It’s really cool.”
- Then he spoke about MIC DROP remix for a few minutes. “I think it came out extremely well. Steve Aoki was impressive to learn from while we did the acting part. We will meet and talk soon.”
- He took off his beanie because everyone kept talking about his red hair. Then he said he’s been trying out different styles and thinks he looks good.
- A fan asked whose fart smells the worst in which he laughed, “that’s too weird to answer”.
- Hoseok requested that fans start calling Namjoon by RM. He understands many are attached to Rap Monster, but Namjoon struggled a lot when deciding whether he wanted to change to RM or not.
- Slight mention about Jungkook’s studio. Apparently he is working hard at creating new beats. Jungkook keeps growing in every way possible.
- If they reach 10M followers on VLIVE, he promises to show his abs.
- Then he shared a book he has been reading, “Living, Loving, Learning” (?) It’s about the importance of loving yourself. He said he truly does love himself.
- Is practicing hard on learning new languages. His goal is to be able to fluently speak to international ARMYs.
- LOTS OF SMILES WHILE READING COMMENTS. I joined the VLIVE since he started it and let me tell you.. everyone was so nice in the comments. No one was talking about other members and only about Hoseok. Just saying, we all kept him smiling.