Dappervolk Quests - What We Know
None of this is 100% certain. The information was gathered from my time in Alpha and from various streams and Discord, but everything is subject to change. There are no storyline spoilers (sorry for the big gray boxes covering up the juicy info), only an explanation of how the Quests feature works on site.
- Quests will come from NPCs. Most NPCs will have their own storyline and quests, but you won’t personally be able to complete all of them.
- In some cases, you’ll only be able to choose to interact with 1 NPC out of a handful of them, thus being locked into a certain path and locked out of others. In other cases, the choices you make can determine if a certain NPC quest path is locked out for you (such as the dialogue/action you chose is something they didn’t like). And in other cases, you will unlock a certain NPC and complete their quest path regardless.
- Quests will appear at the top of the site in the header so your Avatar has a direct conversation with the NPC (imgs 1,2).
- Ways to complete the NPC quests vary. You could be required to bring them an item(s), raise your stats, or other various tasks. In some cases you need to have a certain amount of a certain stat to even interact with the NPC.
- Completing NPC quest paths will usually result in them opening their chance/gacha shop to you. The gacha shops include an item that hatches into a pet, clothing that looks similar to the NPC, and various rare items (Custom Pet Creator, etc) (imgs 3,4).
- It will also unlock their daily quests, if they have any. Daily quests are typically repeatable 5x per day and usually award potatoes (site currency) or stat boosts. Daily quests could include playing a minigame, posting on the forums, or other tasks.
- You can only access the NPC’s daily quests / chance shop if you’re currently in the town they’re in. For example, if you’re currently in Louise Hill and the NPC is in 3’s Forest, you won’t be able to visit their shop or do their daily quests.