During Phil’s latest live show on the 16th of March 2017, he spent a few minutes (30.30-35.20) just ranting about his degrees and his university experience. I loved that bit so much that I wrote down the first part of the “quote” andposted it here on Tumblr and the last couple of days, I’ve just been smiling so wide at all the tags people have added when reblogging. I think it’s safe to say we all loved that bit and it brought inspiration and smiles to so many.
I’ve compiled a list of all the tags on the quote post so far. It’s quite long so you can read them all below the cut. It took ages but it was so calming to read through all the love and appreciation written in the tags. If you don’t feel comfortable being part of this list, message me and I’ll remove you immediately! I don’t mean to make anyone uncomfortable.
word count: 1080 pairing: hyungwon x reader notes: modern au, fluff
The city sounds intensify the second the sliding doors pry themselves open before you. The swirl of afternoon conversations, impatient honking, and the occasional screeching of unsatisfied kids are all part of your daily routine. You take in these familiar sounds and the midday sun rays, fixing your blue chiffon dress that floats above your knees.
Leaving the shade of your office building, you follow the same path as every other weekday: one block to the right, and then ten small streets right again. And with that, the towering apartment buildings and shops drown out the busy traffic of the city.
As you near the corner of the last block, the sweet aroma of desserts and pastries waft from the homely bakery. Since you encountered it on a stroll around your workplace, you’ve made it your goal to try everything on the menu. So far, two weeks in, you’ve been satisfied with everything.
A well-dressed man strays from other side of the shop, peering inside the glass windows. His silver rimmed round glasses hang right above his nose, and his chestnut brown hair lays neatly on his head.
I used to think that Mello didn’t intend on dying, but it just seems out of character for him to ‘accidentally’ show Takada his face when he already knew that his name was going around. He knew that Kira was connected to the whole event at the warehouse where his name first came out, so he must have known Kira had his name; and since he knew Takada was connected to Kira, he had to know that she probably had his name.
Furthermore, he had to consider the possibility that his plan (whatever it really was) may have not worked– that something went wrong and Takada unexpectedly got away, and that the second she got away she would kill him. Mello’s a genius and it would be too stupid of him to ‘accidentally’ show his face to her like that– anyone with a brain could think much.
So, if he really intended on dying, it would’ve been a pride thing. He knew he couldn’t surpass L on his own. After the explosion, he lost all of his resources and was left with just Matt. From that point on, he knew Near was going to confront Kira very, very soon and he knew that he couldn’t capture Kira alone. I’m not sure if I believe that Mello considered the possibility of a fake notebook, but if he had, then he understood that whether his suspicions were right or wrong, it was still a lose-lose situation.
If he was wrong about there being a fake notebook, Mello loses because Near was right, there was no flaw in his plan and he would apprehend Kira before him. If he was right about there being a fake notebook, Mello loses because Kira would win, killing Near and his team, and Mello wouldn’t be able to apprehend Kira on his own.
Both possibilities, Mello is unable to defeat Kira by himself (which I believe the whole putting-down-chocolate-being-sad scene is about; his realization of this).
Apparently he would rather die than admit to Near that he can’t solve this case alone. Even though theoretically, through figuring out the flaw in his plan, he beat Near, who was too arrogant to consider the possibility that he could be wrong (IF he even figured out the possibility in the first place. Halle thinks so. Near doesn’t but Near’s belief isn’t stated in the anime and Halle’s is, so idfk).
Anyway, kidnapping Takada is Mello’s way of mocking Near by means of showing him that he would have lost whilst helping him to defeat Kira at the same time. Talk about going out with a bang.
But at the same time, it doesn’t seem like Mello’s style to purposefully die. He likes credit. He likes attention. He wants to be the best, so why would he kill himself after essentially winning? Maybe realizing that he could never fully surpass L on his own was too much for him, and that he would rather die than work with Near – he left the orphanage for that much. I don’t think he’s prideful enough to WANT to die, but at the same time, he could have always just told Near about the possibility of a fake notebook. Instead, he chose to risk his life in order to shove it in Near’s face. I’d say that’s pretty prideful, so maybe he did want to die.
Or maybe this whole ramble is completely wrong, because instead of realizing the possibility of a fake notebook, he realized that Near was going to win and kidnapped Takada as a desperate, impulsive, last minute thing– something for which he’s known to do.
All and all, I think this all boils down to opinion, but either way, I do believe that he heavily considered the possibility he would die in his kidnapping stunt.
hey what are your thoughts for apartment neighbors across the hall jelix?? -lemon_ollie :)
FUCK I WANT TO WRITE A FIC ABOUT THIS SO BAD BUT I’LL GIVE HCS FOR NOW HECK
-it’d be super awkward at first, because they’d both think the other was super gorgeous, and end up bumping into each other here and there, like to get the mail or go into town
-jack would be super sweet to felix, desperately trying to make new friends in the new town, and felix would kinda shrug it off, even though every time they made eye contact his heart went !!!
-their friendship would start with little things, like jack sleeping in one day, and felix getting his mail for him, leaving a little post it note saying something like “its cold outside, so here’s your mail -your neighbor, felix”
-post it notes would soon become their thing, and they’d be leaving each other little messages just for fun
-”you know i can hear you snoring at night sometimes” ”at least i dont scream when a spider crawls in my window”
-”that blue hoodie looks good on you, you should wear it more. matches your eyes”
-”i made some pancakes and didnt eat them all, have the rest while im at the store so i dont have to throw them out”
-i hadnt heard your voice until you talked to the mailman and wow thats not at all what i thought it sounded like”
-they’d get more and more flirty, and every time they happened to see each other, cheeks would burn and sheepish smiles would follow
-”im bad at talking to people, so text me, here’s my phone number” ”practice makes perfect, lets go get coffee and talk until we get tired of each other”
-they’d start hanging out, felix yelling jack’s name until he heard him and came over, or vice versa
-sleepovers at which there was no sleeping and deep 2am conversations
-”JACK” “WHAT DO YOU WANT” “COME OVER” “ I CANT IM SLEEPING” “I’LL JOIN YOU” “UUGHH”
-felix would be super clingy whenever jack left, especially if he was visiting family or just on vacation. he’s send texts like “i broke into your apartment and sat on the couch and its really quiet” and jack would say “you didnt break into my apartment, you have a key. make sure you water my plants”
-both of them falling in love with other, but not wanting to ruin a perfectly good friendship
great, your amazing fanarts of Bendy got more than 300 notes. Happy now? Don't forget there are desesperate artists trying to draw their best this cutie pie, and who got 20 notes to their best art. so don't forget how lucky you are. Don't forget there are people who don't sleep to finally get 10 notes, not a fucking single reblog, when others people just appear on the others dashboards... have a nice day.
Uh gee buddy. Sorry for that. I dont really know how to respond to this but… It makes me sorta sad. I didnt mean to upset you if I did. If i could resolve this conflict I would.
@blai-ney i didnt realize that joji gif was yours, im sorry! i dont want to be a content stealer. i think you deleted your blog but in case you see this… i edited my caption and made sure to say it wasnt my gif… also i had no idea that post would get so many notes i dont have that many followers lol. i really am sorry, i will always credit now
- like reALLY SHY– HE’D BLUSH TO ANYTHING, I REPEAT– ANYTHING
- when you brushed your hand against his by accident, because you dropped your pen next to his desk, he goes really red awww
- you always thought wonwoo was really handsome but you seem a little intimidated by his “cold stare”
- but even if you’re intimidated, you’d always steal glances at him
- wow so basically you’re admirer!you to admirer!wonwoo wow ok
- sorry but like who wouldn’t steal glances at jEON WONWOO LIKE ITS TRUE FIGHT ME
- whenever you make eye contact with wonwoo, you’d just give him a small, shy smile
- then you look away
- not noticing wonwoo who went violently red and looks down at his fingers with red ears awwwWWW
- he’d always just doodle on his notebook, sometimes writing your name and drawing you as a little girl cartoon figure thing and its really cute aww
- so one day you got a seating change because of two idiots in your class named soonyoung and seokmin
- they were so loud like you would rub your temples in stress bc no matter how “quiet” their whispers were– THE WHOLE CLASS HEARS THEM LOUD AND CLEAR ISTG
- okay so then you get seated next to wonwoo because if those two needed to move, the teacher basically moved everyone in order to get soonyoung in one back corner surrounded by some really quiet ones and seokmin in the front, also surrounded by a group of quiet people
- thats how they shut up and how you ended up sitting next to the beautiful jeon wonwoo
- then your teacher suddenly goes
- “lol from now on, the person you’re sitting next to will be your partner for every partner project oops sorry lol hahaa”
- then wonwoo will get all like “FRICK OMG IS THE TEACHER 4 RL LIKE I FEEL LIKE GOD HAS BLESSED ME OH GOD”
- but that’s all internal as on the outside, he has his blank stare
- then you’d just smile and get a little shy, looking at him and introducing yourself, not knowing if Wonwoo actually knew who you were
- wonwoo would turn his face to you and your breath would hitch bc
- godDAMN HE IS ONE FINE KOREA
- wonwoo would just have a small smirk and be like, “i know.”
- then you’d just freeze when he turns back to his notebook and writing some notes
- like wtf just happened
- cue your face slowly going red
- wonwoo would secretly be all sweaty and nervous like o god did i do well
- then he’d realize
- “o shit i didnt introduce myself”
- then he’d turn back to you and you’d just look at him with wide eyes
- “s-so wonwoo, how are you finding this class?”
- wonwoo would just smile slightly, his heart fluttering when you said his name like o m g she knows mY NAME MOM
- he’d just shrug and mumble, “it’s okay,” cue him looking down at his notebook again and his ears getting red awww
- you smile at him because you realize that he wasn’t cold and was just awkward because you can literally feel the awkwardness aura around him
- then you’d be like, “let’s be friends!”
- wonwoo would almost choke like whaT DID U JUST SAY
- but he would just look at you and smile, “i’d like that”
- smooth asf
- you’d just blush and giggle
- wonwoo melts inside like o mg
- so when the project actually comes, wonwoo would already find it really easy so he’d start the work first
- you would be like, “wow you’re really smart.”
- wonwoo would blush and just be like, “not really. you are though.”
- you’d smile amusingly like, “how would you know? i haven’t even written anything”
- wonwoo would absentmindedly be like, “oh, you’re ranked #2 out of the whole class, behind that one nerdy dude”
- you’d smile, “how’d you remember? and are you calling me nerdy?”
- wonwoo would widen his eyes and look at you, like, “n O NO NONO I MEANT LIKE– I CAN EXPLAIN”
- you just laugh at him because wow i didn’t know you were so cute
- wonwoo just stares at you as a soft blush appears on his face and a smile creeps on on his lips aww
- as time goes by, you and wonwoo get closer and you never fail to make him smile
- whenever he smiles, you also feel all fluttery because he’s just so handsome and beautiful and perfect
- wonwoo and you would go to each others houses sometimes to do homework and projects, but you both always end up doing the homework for the first hour and then start watching videos or something else for the rest of the day
- nothing dirty okay shut up
- one day he falls asleep next to you when you were both doing homework on your desk at your house
- you just smile at him and take his notebook, helping him by writing down the rest of the textbook homework answers
- but then you open up to the last page and you just stare at the page in awe because the whole page had little drawings of you and your name with little hearts
- you just smile widely like this is so cute?? wonwoo??? explain what this is???
- you put his books in his bag for him and shake his shoulder to wake up after an hour of you just smiling and stuff
- wonwoo just lazily opens his eyes but shoots up like omg im so sorry i didnt mean to sleep–
- but you’d just lean in and peck his lips
- and he’s just like blinking with wide eyes that stared at you
- he just mumbles, “am i still sleeping?”
- you’d laugh and just hug him, making him confused yet happy aww
- his ears turn red aGAIN
- you’d just mumble against his shoulder and smile, “wonwoo, i like you too.”
- wonwoo just freezes before blurting out, “was i too obvious?”
- you burst out laughing and pull away, staring at him
- cue blushing wonwoo awwWWWWWW HES JUST ADORABLE I LOVE HIM
- you’d just smile at him but then he breaks out into a smile as well, staring at you with soft eyes
- then you’d pull the big baby back into a hug and smile when he wraps his arms around you for the first time with slightly shaky hands
so im dm-ing a homebrew campaign for the first time and i was going over my notes and i just realized that the whole plot i set out is about TAX FRAUD. i swear to fucking god i didnt plan this i just sat there with my head in my hands cause i wrote fantasy tax fraud. GOD
altho this might mean that my campaign gets to be more fun cause i’ve got two lawful players, 1 of which is a paladin, and he asked if there would be a way to go about it without doing crimes so now im thinking of having them help the mayor (who is the 1 doing the tax frauding) and then reveal that they might have just helped the biggest asshole in the city (2/2)
This is straight up the funniest thing i’ve ever heard because you have those Lawful players who are gonna cling to helping the government (which is really..not that lawful but that’s another convo) and You’re just gonna Pull it on them but god your campaign is gonna be so good and have such a good end where all your players just think about the tax fraud they just committed (and please,, break that paladin)
I’m just having my usual “people don’t care about what i do here only what they can apply to themselves/their own work” breakdown except worse than normal EVEN THOUGH I KNOW ITS MOT TRUE BECAUSE PEOPLE WOULDNT SEND IN ASKS IF THEY DIDNT CARE BUT IM ALSO SO SO SO SO SO NERVOUS BECAUSE I KIND IMPLIED A OCXCANON SHIP THING AND ALL OF MY NOTES JUST STOPPED AND I GET SO NERVOUS ABOUT ALL OF MY WRITING AND RESPONSES AND MY ART AND YES I WOULD LIKE A HUG IM VERY DISTRESSED
its so frustrating bc on that post abt our signs going up, i wish i had mentioned the name of our tribe and language in the post bc of all the notes/comments wanting to know who we are and its like… 16k people could have suddenly been aware of us.. im so dumb i didnt think it would blow up like that at all, i think i tagged it baxoje and ioway but no one looks at op tags
i get so sensitive abt our language too bc ive tried an tried to encourage the fb group (which, ha, is the only actual place where my tribe actually talks to each other bc everyone moved away and out of the res, so i can never leave fb) to actually put more effort in preserving it since its technically extinct now (last fluent speaker died in the 90s)…. like other nations have had a lot of success making apps and stuff and some of the source code is free use but STILL i get a lot of the elders being negative, “i’ve been trying to learn this language since i was your age- theres no one to talk to in it, no one speaks it, its difficult, you think an app is gonna help save it?” etc. the signage project was like as far as ppl will take it, more like a relic to whats lost than really trying to teach Otoe-Ioway to new generations.
the only idea i have left im holding on to is to get enough funding to make a sort of duolingo-type teaching tool for our particular dialect of Chiwere… but its always a race against time and against all the bitter rejection from elders bc they think nothing else can be done?? and the guy who has spent his whole life compiling words and making our dictionary references is getting SO OLD, i think he’s the only person left even close to being fluent who could be recorded speaking Otoe-Ioway in an interactive program like duolingo. the funding would basically be paying this guy +programmers to sit down and record himself in his old age and set up the program. hhhhhhnnnghhh but fuck!! then it could be just like THERE for people to learn! its like the last resort resource we have and could literally save our language from death?……
i just always feel weird bringing it up, even if im nearly 30 the elders just kinda scoff at me like im a child trying to do something about it when in their minds, nothing can be done and you might as well accept that our culture is lost. its so depressing lol its so fucking depressing and i get why my dad ran away from his leadership role but i also feel like i have to TRY like i cant just give up on this
*a plate of peach pastries with a bottle of honey beside it is left on the table, there is also a note* 'I wasn't sure if you usually skipped breakfast, but i made some anyway.(a line is scratched out) if i can't find bubble today i'll be staying at the inn, come get me if you need anything!'
*Huh, i know normally dont eat in the mornin’s but uhm… (he looked around) looks good though, i guess a few wouldnt hurt… (he would then sit by the frisk and share the rest. SD didnt need anything at the time. so he didnt go to the inn for anything.)
Morning~ So I went to sleep bc I didnt want to read the angst but now I'm awake and I gotTA READ IT AMS I GOTTA. *braces self* ~Tex
Ams. Why would you do this to the blind child. What has he ever done to you. Oh my god. (Side note: This means your writing is fantastic bc its really hard to get an emotion out of me, especially through writing alone. Congratulations.) ~Tex
hey tex~ this is late but I finally got to sit down for a sec oh my god
but heyyy I got an emotion! That means so much to me, you dont even know T^T also listen,,,V is just a really angsty character,,,I do it to him cause he breaks my heart all the time,, but thank you omg💛💛
(i know the name is kinda lame but i have that url saved so)
hi so i wanted to make a halsey network to make friends w other people who like her so if you like h a lot and would wanna be a part of it
all you gotta do is:
the amount of people in the network is dependent on how many notes this gets so pls dont let this flop..
im hoping for this to just be a nice way to meet and talk to other people who like halsey i didnt want to have a bunch of weird rules that ive seen for other networks, you dont have to be following me just if you love hals please feel welcome to reblog and join!! :^)
Whoa didnt know the Toon wolf and Anime Wolf would get so many notes!
Well here I doodled their Parents
Anime logic parents stay yong almost forever
Toon Logic parents look more aged despite being younger than the anime parents
Also made Anime wolf an Anime werewolf haha (dad side)
Also i imagine Anime Wolf as the strong Type while the Toon Wolf the Soft Hearted type
Sorry if the doodles are quick and rough.
I too couldnt believe the cullen beggar ending like he has a support network even outside of the divine? you think non-divine cassandra would let this happen? you think varric wouldn't find him on the streets even if he initially refused help and ran himself down and ended up there, and spend any amount of coin he needed to get him back on his feet? that bull wouldnt have dragged his ass straight into the chargers and made him hit things until he saw sense? leliana didnt know 24/7? eeuUUARRGHH
and on that note that if you recruited SAMSON into the inquisition that he wouldn’t have been the first person down there hauling him back up on his feet to not see another good man and another good templar exactly where he was in da2 like you are severely mistaken bioware. like the minute i saw that on my partners play though i was like well LET ME TELL YOU
NONNY NONNY NONNY.
I just had a great convo with art-by-g about that Cullen addiction slide and it basically went like this (that I’m copy-pasta-ing because I’m lazy):
The overarching problem I have with the slide is that I don’t think that Cullen’s story through the game is about being an addict. I believe Cullen’s story is about being a trauma survivor.
The non-lyrium slide feels like forced redemption, to me. I think Cullen is an amazing character but he still has some things to work through with what he participated in in the Gallows, some self-reflection as to what he was party to, some self-awareness to gain, and allowing himself to heal with all of that in mind.
We don’t get to call Cullen on his bullshit about denying red templars their lyrium so they’ll “talk” during a war table mission, or the way he rails on Samson for his addiction, or admitting he didn’t speak up as much as he could have with Meredith because he was afraid of his lyrium rations being restricted, and the next thing we know he’s either a lyrium beggar or running a sober living facility for templars?
I dunno, it feels like we were cheated out of experiencing his atonement that leads to a true redemption, and and that makes me really sad, because that would have been great to see.
The lyrium slide seems like cheap angst and out of character for Cullen and his close friends. If this was meant to show how ineffectively Cullen handled his trauma and addiction, it did a poor job of it. If this slide was meant to show that even the highest achieving individuals can be brought low by addiction, it did a poor job of it.
If this slide was meant to show that the only thing keeping Cullen on the road to recovery is the Inquisitor’s support, that’s really shitty. It honestly is. It’s shitty to both Cullen as a character, its shitty to all the other characters that supported him (like Cassandra), and ultimately it’s shitty because it reinforces the false notion that instead of friends and family supporting an addict in making sure they keep themselves in recovery, success is directly set by someone other than the addict. As in, this slide illustrates that Cullen failed to go sober because the Inquisitor didn’t believe in him, and not because everyone failed to support Cullen getting himself into recovery, which is damaging to the addict’s narrative.
I don’t think, knowing what we know of Cullen “I Survived Kinloch Hold” Rutherford, and the people he chooses to surround himself with, that he would have gone from Commander of the Inquisition to lyrium beggar. Like you said, how would any of his friends have allowed that to happen? Both the Chantry and the Inquisition have their own lyrium supply lines and I fail to see how either organization wouldn’t be able to keep him supplied. They aren’t supplying an army, they’re making sure one templar has his lyrium.
Samson definitely wouldn’t have let him fall so far (or would have been there to ease the fall as they both try to survive the streets incase the Inquisition is dissolved). I stand by the fact that Samson really has no ill will towards Cullen (he laughs when he tells the Inquisitor a story about Cullen, he says that Cullen was never “rough with the mages”, which, for someone like Samson, is important).
I dunno, this got ranty, but either way I feel like we were cheated out of some great character development.