Okay so that Rick Astley video I just reblogged is hilarious but now I’m looking at his other post-2016 stuff and I love it and I DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH OF THAT LOVE IS IRONIC
LOOK AT THIS. Unexplained biker chick guardian angels doing dorky choreography? SURE.
This shit???? Like I get it’s a patchwork of clichés but I am ENTHRALLED for some fucking reason
My impressions of other tracks on this album, based on their iTunes previews:
- “Coming Home Tonight,” which seriously sounds like something that should be played at a disco except I’m like 60 percent sure it’s about dying and facing Judgment
- “Pray With Me,” a straight-up hymn that has no business being this much of a banger
- “Wish Away,” no joke the goofiest least-original song I’ve ever heard. CHARMING.
- “Somebody Loves Me” for me achieves what no other simplistic, pandering inspirational jam ever has. HELL YEAH RICK. FUCK YEAH SOMETIMES WE ALL NEED HEALING MAN. I’M FUCKING READY FOR THE FIRE RICK LET IT BUUUUURN.
- A song honest to god titled “I Like the Sun”