“Sorry,” is the utterly unapologetic answer Stiles gets to his most recent inquiry.
Making this the fourth day in a row.
Stiles squints into her indifferent face. “You know, Janet,
I don’t think you are that sorry.”
She shrugs. She’s not. And she’s not even sorry
about her lack of being sorry. Stiles can officially say he does not like
this girl. In fact, he’s totally gonna fill out a comment card that sums up this whole conversation with a tried and true: ‘Damn it, Janet.’
“He really didn’t say anything?” He’s maybe sounding a
little desperate now and he drags his hand off the counter to look slightly
less unstable. “About a message to pass along for someone named ‘Stiles?’ Nothing, huh?”
“Oh you know what—” she starts thoughtfully, shuffling
through a few papers on the desk below and Stiles lights up. Her eyes
dart up, hard, and she finishes blandly, “no.”
“That was mean,” Stiles says, deflating. It’d been a week since he’d seen Derek. They’d mentioned meeting up after Caffiend, Derek had told him to drop by Halesome Arts again, whenever, he’d be there, they could talk. Everything had seemed fine, good even. Only Stiles had come by, had even looked for him on the metro. And Derek was always notably absent, in both places, and Janet was always notably unsympathetic, in one of them.
She sighs exasperatedly now, rolling her eyes. Stands,
puts her elbows up on the hutch above her receptionist’s desk and drops her chin
into her open palm. “You know, I felt bad for you the first time you came
in here, Stiles, but there’s a reason people don’t go see the same play every
night of the week, you get me?”
“Right. Yeah. I—”
“It doesn’t help that the play isn’t even that compelling to
begin with,” she cuts him off, unnecessarily adding that little sac-punch in there. Stiles can’t exactly deny it though. It
probably just gets sadder and sadder with each new mounting of it actually.
“Yeah, okay. I’m being blown off,” he makes himself
say it out loud, croaky and more broken down than he’s possibly ever been,
“that’s what’s happening here.”
We get hints that the other children were able to reset.
We know that the souls still have consciousness because they reject Omega Flowey to help you in a Neutral Ending.
So why, if you’re a resetting child, do you settle for getting killed by Asgore? Certainly even if you can’t go home or get a happy ending, going back to the beginning to live the rest of your life with a nice goat mom is better than dying?
So imagine, then, that the soul jars aren’t just to preserve them. But to trap them.
The jars are specially designed to prevent the souls from resetting. They’re time-travel resistant.
But who created them? Someone studying souls. Someone studying time.
Someone who was apparently around to use them on the previous six children, but isn’t around to use it on you.
What I gather from day6 fans and their tags/comments about the members:
Brian: Needs to stop being pretty, how dARE HE Jae: Needs to stop. Just stop. Needs to be stopped. Someone stop Jae. Dowoon: Is either a cute baby child everyone adopts or incoherent comments about his arms Sungjin: Embarrassing leader dad/hand thru the hair, hand thru the hair! Wonpil: Fluff ball of sunshine and rainbows!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As a May stan (and Philinda stan) I’ve been loving Season 4 so far
I cannot tell you how much I LOOOOOOOVE that the show is dedicating so much screentime and attention to exploring Melinda in different ways. Within this arc we’ve now seen:
1) LMD!May and May feeling that something is off before she knew and having to deal iwh the revelation that she’s not the ~real May (and what does that even mean for her if she has the same feelings and memories as the real May?)
2) Melinda and her feelings for Coulson (both as the LMD and pre-LMD -> “I saw you” and their plan to open that bottle that has even more meaning after 4x14)
3) Melinda’s personality and headspace in her induced coma (the spa day was stressing her out and she kept fighting and beating the second simulation and then finally, the heartwrenching revelation that to keep her calm Radcliffe let her ~beat Bahrain)
4) and speaking of Bahrain, we finally got to see pre-Bahrain Melinda in the flesh
What I’m hoping to see in the future:
1) I’m praying to god we’ll get to see Melinda inside the framework, living in a world where she didn’t kill that little girl in Bahrain. Are she and Andrew still together? Did they actually have children? Is she gonna get that feeling LMD!May had where something feels inexplicably off and wrong? What is her place within Shield? How does Coulson factor in? etc.
2) How she is going to deal with waking up and realizing that she DID kill the little girl in Bahrain all over again. My personal theory wrt this is that it might actually help her to have lived in a reality where that weight wasn’t on her shoulders but we’ll see.
And how will she react to finding out what happened between Coulson and her LMD counterpart. What will their relationship look like going forward? etc.
Do you know what’s sad? I didn’t even know Calum wrote jet black heart until a few weeks after it was released bc of the way everyone was talking about how Michael wrote it, how heartbroken Michael must’ve been to write such a song and if that doesn’t show you Calum is under appreciated idk what will.
I keep rewatching that Supergirl sneak peek because it’s just so nice to see Alex come out in such a casual way to a bunch of supportive friends who are perfectly chill about her dating a girl and everyone is there including James who finally exists again thank god and J'onn being a proud dad and Winn being all excited and I even actually liked Mon-El’s role in this but istg Kara better stop staring at him like that because there’s no way I’m going to believe she’s actually interested in him when everyone knows she’s still in love with James and Lena I mean it’s just not realistic
Harry Styles is on top of the world – one of the best strikers in the world, the star of the national team, and newly signed to the team that started it all, his home team. Everything seems to be going right for the football superstar, until an injury waylays him and prevents him from starting the season with the glory he’s earned.
Moira Murphy is struggling – she’s been laid off from her job in America, is behind on her bills, and can’t seem to get a job as a physiotherapist anywhere in the country. When she’s offered a job with the football club who trained her, working for a mystery client, she snatches it up, not expecting her new client to be the one and only Harry Styles.
Harry’s gearing up to make the biggest comeback of his career. Moira might be just what he needs to do it.