How do you do it, Mary... I'm at the point of the semester when I'm starting to wonder if I even pass it. And I see people like you being the "doers" - ambitious and successful... And I can't even look into my textbook. I'm going to be a doctor, for christsake, I should know my stuff! How the hell do I become strong enough to do this? You're so inspiring, but I can only sit and stare at your success, because I have no idea how to follow, hah. Sorry for a desperate message :/ Love your blog! ♥
Mate, listen up: Social media isn’t the whole picture. I try my best to portray all sides of my life on here and on my instagram, but reality is that me spending literally 70% of this sunday in bed reading fanfiction isn’t as instagramable as the 30 minutes of studying I did the day before. Oh and for the record, the other 30% of the sunday I spent watching project runway.
I feel you more than you know, and I think genuinely the entire community and all students do. We always feel that other people are doing more and that we need to keep up. And yeah, sometimes they’re doing more, but a lot of the time they’re feeling exactly the same as you. At this point in the semester just about everyone are sick of what they’re doing.
What I would recommend is taking it one step of the time. I can never get started on doing stuff until I know exactly what I need to do, so I start by writing it all out. Then I usually have a little cry over how long the list is. Then I get myself a snack, get comfy and ignore everything but the first thing on the list. I usually find that once I get going, once I have one small and manageable thing to focus on, everything gets a bit easier. Also, if you’ve been in a slump and you’re just getting back on the wagon; take it slow. Don’t schedule 89 tasks on the first day. Start with one or two, then reward yourself with some netflix and if you’re feeling up for it, do some more. Pace yourself, take care of yourself and try to avoid burnout. Work up to doing more.
I’m not as successful as you think, anon, but I can tell you that it’ll all be alright. Just remember to take care of yourself and don’t beat yourself up. You can do this. We all can! x