Seeing how different people react to different clips is always so interesting.
Julie did not ruin Isak’s character development. I don’t know where this is coming from.
This clip was SO important and here is why:
- Sana realizes that she is no better than whoever created that account to trash talk Vilde. Bullying is bullying. Your reasons don’t matter, no matter how noble. If someone is shitty, confront them. Don’t send them anon hate. It’s scarring and it just turns you into a bad person, too.
- Isak takes the fall for Sana which is a beautiful throwback to S1 I think. He’s not even mad. He probably sees his old self in Sana. And he just wants to understand.
- Isak likens his experience growing up as a homosexual teen to Sana’s experience and SHE SHUTS HIM DOWN. This was so important because it’s NOT the same thing. At all. This is the first time we see Sana actually lash out and try to educate someone on what it’s like for her. She’s been internalizing all these micro-aggressions all season and then secretly resenting her friends for not understanding/being ignorant. She’s finally speaking up.
- Racism is brought up. And while Isak is being a naive idealist/HasNoFuckingClue and is clumsy with words, he leaves Sana with an important thought, too: she needs to start answering the dumb questions. Of course, it’s not her job and she doesn’t have to if she doesn’t feel like it. But she can’t expect people who haven’t been exposed to it to just understand (Well, actually she can. But not everyone spends their time trying to understand other people’s struggles unfortunately and sometimes you just need someone to tell you to shut the fuck up). Isak knows he is asking dumb questions and he’s literally telling her “EDUCATE MY IGNORANT ASS”. She doesn’t have to but what are friends for if not for calling you out on your bullshit from time to time?
- This is what this clip was about to me. “Don’t internalize crap! Stand up to micro-aggressions! Don’t resent your friends for not understanding if you haven’t tried talking to them!”
This was basically Isak telling Sana to stop isolating herself and start sharing her thoughts with her people. (RISE GIRL SQUAD RISE).
Alt Er Love