AH the sweet return snark from earlier in the chapter I love it. I mean I know tooth and pitch are supposed to be getting along but that's what she gets for calling pitch useless 😂
Honestly I’m kind of living for them all being able to drop the ‘yes we’re so civil we totally never talked about any of the bad blood between us’ schtick and getting to how they might really feel about each other.
There’s also a lot of stuff they all just need to really deal with. From misdirected anger and spite, to like, flat out misunderstandings or assumptions of people’s motives etc. North and Sandy are probably the two most level-headed out of the group, even Pitch is super bitter about how they all treated him.
It’s actually good that a) Pitch and Jack are hiving off to hide out for a little while and b) Jack is there in general, because while Jack does have his own issues with the Guardians, it’s not quite at the same level (excepting Bunnymund).
Also Pitch and Tooth snarking at each other like that just makes me happy lol.
so last night i was rereading house proud by astolat, aka the best harry potter fic there ever ever was, & then i started having Thoughts about hp wizards being the descendants of the fae cuz it just makes!! so much sense!!!
i am perpetually disappointed by so much of jkr’s world-building but this in particular bothers me so much cause like
she placed so much emphasis on blood lines & ~purity but the only ever used it as a shite allegory for racism
u know who gives a thousand shits about blood lines? the fae. u know who goes to great lengths to exist separately from humans? the fae. u know whose society is split into groups based on personality? the fae!!
the evolution of wizarding society makes so much more sense!! if u interpret them as being fae adapting to the changing world!!!
McCree: [standing shirtless in the mirror squishing his belly and pinching his love handles with a disgruntled expression] - Hanzo: [wrapping his arms around McCree from behind and holding his belly with tender affection] Jesse... you cannot spell "chubby" without "hubby".
totally platonic ways to show ur platonic bro friend u care platonically - a guide by James Buchanan Barnes.
• know his precise location and swan in to rescue his reckless ass when he gets into a fight - again - as if you got some sort of sixth sense to knowing he’s in danger
• abandon your date on your last night in town for a while to traipse around a convention looking for him
• after being strapped to a table and tortured and experimented on, be sure the first thing you do is ask him if it hurt when he became all beefy
• when he asks you if you’ll follow the person everyone else see’s him as into danger, let him know that you’re following the him he was and still is underneath, and you’d follow him anywhere
• follow him home from his mother’s funeral to make sure he’s doing okay, then tell him that you know he can get by on his own, but he doesn’t have to, because you’re with him til the end of the line
• remember him before you remember yourself after he says your name for the first time in 70 years, and then refuse to let go of the certainty that you knew him, even though that belief is going to get you hurt
• when all you know what to do is to obey orders and complete a mission, hear 9 words that sound like a wedding vow, and choose instead of killing him like you were ordered, to save him and make sure he’s alive
• after you’ve pretended like you only know him from reading about him in a museum, the moment danger presents itself, instinctively protect him from said danger
• when he brings up a double date that you went on and tries to mention the girls, don’t even remember the girls name, but do remember everything he did that day
• whilst you’re lying on the floor, beaten and bruised and bloody and once again, sans arm, summon whatever energy you have left to detract attention from him to stop him getting hurt
-Keith goes to Allura or Shiro because god forbid he talks to anyone else
-Allura goes to Coran and Coran goes to Allura
-Shiro only goes to Keith
-Pidge goes to Hunk or Shiro
-Hunk can talk to Pidge, Keith, Lance , and Shay
-Lance well, when it comes to the real important stuff, the homesickness, feeling inferior, a burden, a seventh wheel, Lance has no one
-Lance tries to form close bonds with the others but they never give him the chance, and those that do he doesn’t want to hurt by telling them of how unhappy he is
-Or he feels the horrible tension that seems to constantly be around them so he takes it upon himself to be the comedy relief
-The reason he flirts is because it makes him feel closer to his brother who taught him all those awful pick up lines
-He’s used to being overlooked it happens when you have a big family, it can’t be helped
-So when they finally have a moment to stop and relax Lance isn’t all that bothered that everyone naturally paired off only leaving him alone
-Lance then decides to simply go to his room, have some me time
-When he finally has his mask on he finds that he has tracks down his face mask(HIS VERY EXPENSIVE AND RARE FACEMASK MIND YOU)
- Cursing he realized it was wet with his tears
- He rushed to fix the mask and try to stop his crying but he finds that he can’t
-He can’t stop crying
-He can’t breathe
-He can’t hear the music he put on earlier
-He’s on the floor
-He doesn’t know what’s wrong and yet he remains quiet, rides it out by himself because who can he tell
-So he waits for what feels like forever to be able to breathe again
-Then he just waits for the panic and blind terror to subside
-And when it’s all over he gets up, the timer went off, it’s time to take off the face mask
-He doesn’t want to be alone anymore
-He doesn’t want to be there
-He wants to be in his mama’s arms
-He wants to listens to his siblings trying to make him laugh
-He wants his dad to be making him chocolate caliente
-Hell he just wants someone to talk to
-He just wants someone in the spaceship to have his back for once
-Someone who is genuinely interested to see him or just listen to everything be it good or bad
-He wants too many things that will never come to pass
-So instead he lays back in bed until the next battle because what else is there to do?
-What Lance doesn’t know is that it’s his birthday
-Everyone went and paired up to go prepare the surprise party for Lance the flirt who just happened to be born on Valentine’s Day
-Hunk went to go make the cake with Coran
-Pidge went to find some dank memes
-Allura,Shiro, and Keith went on to decorate the common space
-What Lance doesn’t know is that they all love him and appreciate him
-What Lance doesn’t know is that Keith planned all of this after Hunk let it slip that Lance’s birthday is on Valentine’s Day
-What Lance doesn’t know is that Keith plans to tell him how he feels about him
-WHAT LANCE DOESN’T KNOW is that the reason no one has had time is because they have been busy trying to hunt down the beauty products the know Lance loves or anything that brings him happiness to be honest
-You see Hunk isn’t making an Altean cake, oh no, he managed to find more than half of the ingredients to make Lance’s favorite cake, a tres leches
-Pidge found at least 3 new face mask made by humans for humans
-Allura is giving Lance a book she’s been writing with all the pick up lines Lance has ever directed toward her because she doesn’t know when but at some point it stopped being annoying and it started to be endearing
-Shiro is giving Lance the chance to give himself a nickname that Shiro will use from then on but it must be appropriate
-And Keith….. he has a whole letter were he wrote down all the feelings he knows he won’t be able to ever say to him
-Just hundreds of words stating how much he loves him and how sorry he is for ever forgetting him
-Asking Lance if he will take him, God please allow him to have a special place in his heart
-So Lance doesn’t know that when he is finally feeling as if he can actually maybe function that the others have Hunk going to his door to coax him out of his room
-But when Lance learns about all of it, learns that he’s not alone and the others have his back
-Now his tears are from happiness and a spark of hope that not everything is impossible
-And yes he does have enough space for Keith, why wouldn’t he?