bismuth is the biggest fountain of wasted potential in all of su.
- she’s a viewpoint on the war who isn’t caught up in idolising and mourning rose quartz. even in just the special she had, she told us so much about rose that pearl, garnet etc had just never said. imagine how different steven’s character arc could have been if he’d had bismuth there to talk to about this stuff.
- her design. like, that is honestly one of the most unique character designs on tv right now. freaking RAINBOW DREADLOCKS! that’s just so cool.
- bismuth meeting peridot and lapis. i mean bismuth and lapis is HUGE because of how lapis got poofed, and then the shared experience of being trapped for 6000 years by people you trusted. on the flip side, bismuth and peridot are fellow tech-orientated rebels, imagine what they could get up to together!
- (”wait. you called yellow diamond WHAT?” “a clod.” “to her face?!” “well, over the official diamond communication line…” “you used the official diamond line?! peridot, listen, that is one of the coolest things i have ever heard.” “i know, i’m pretty great.”)
- bismuth and amethyst! bismuth is so huge on the “you can be anyone you want to be” thing, and you can see how that would affect amethyst. like, look at what happened in the special - bismuth didn’t even question amethyst’s size, she just said that it was nice to have another quartz around and was impressed by amethyst’s whip. there is so much potential for such a great friendship to be struck up there.
- (like. if we’re not going to go the ame/dot route, thanks zuke, then amethyst/bismuth? hello? it’s right there?)
- FUSIONS. give me a caring, thoughtful and powerful garnet/bismuth. give me an elegant engineer pearl/bismuth. give me a flexible, scrappy amethyst/bismuth. give me a conflicted but ultimately heroic steven/bismuth. give me a total macgyver level genius peridot/bismuth. lapis/bismuth we can probably skip though. maybe in a few hundred years when lapis is feeling better, but maybe never.
- bismuth meets connie. they both think the other is awesome. bismuth makes connie her own sword. connie is so happy. she introduces bismuth to the fantasy and sci-fi genres in return.
- (”that’s ridiculous! he’s a dog AND a copter, you can’t ask him to just be one!” “i know! the military-industrial complex is so corrupt, using individuals as pawns in the pursuit of endlessly escalating conflict without a thought for the effects on those people!” “EXACTLY! connie, you’re saying what we’re all thinking!”)
- bismuth and greg would be… interesting. i’m not sure i have the words for it rn? but yeah. really interesting.
- bismuth and the corrupted gems, oh my god! how would she feel, seeing her friends and foes alike turned into mindless monsters, knowing that for thousands of years the cgs have been trying to save them to no avail?
- bismuth vs jasper. the two big buff warrior ladies duking it out for what they believe in, becoming worthy opponents.
just… so much potential…