Okay so this is really just a bunch of half formed thoughts about the rules and guidelines of Real Life NCAA vs AFTG NCAA. Like obviously it’s fiction so who really cares (okay I do but I care in a lol-this-is-different type of way).
First it’s weird that it’s Class I & Class II instead of Division I & Division II, but whatever.
Second, all the random drug testing in Real Life. Cracker dust would definitely be a banned substance. Also they say about 10% of the team gets tested but since it’s such a small team it would probably end up being 2-3 players per test. So Andrew and crew and maybe some of the earlier foxes would have been in trouble (or maybe that’s why they didn’t come back?).
All the smoking and junk, there’s definitely rules about smoking in different areas in general (like no smoking on campus/public areas/etc but who knows when those rules went into effect and if it’s everywhere in the U.S. so w/e). I know tobacco in general is banned (on the field/court/athletic areas) with pointed looks at baseball (they totally do it anyway). I guess as long as they’re careful, they’d be fine.
But anyway. The thing that I can’t believe I hadn’t thought about until my compliance meeting today (aka signing the next 9 months of my life away), was that athletes have 5 years of eligibility to compete 4 seasons in a sport at the collegiate level and Wymack signs the foxes for 5 years. That would mean that they would have a red shirt year at some point.
A red shirt year is a season the athlete does not compete officially for their school. In the case of track and field, they can still compete in track meets, but the school will not pay for their travel or lodging expenses and the athlete is not allowed to wear the official uniform. So in exy, they would not be playing in the official games (idk about scrimmages) and they would not be traveling with the team for a season. A red shirt year could be for different reasons like taking a year to improve technique or due to an injury (medical red shirt) or a major that requires more than 4 years to complete or so that they can just stay for 5 years.
(If a player gets a medical red shirt, it is still possible to normal red shirt and have 6 years to compete in 4 seasons of the sport.)
Anyway, the foxes are signed for 5 years? So that means that there’s a year where they don’t compete. Like what if Andrew red shirted his 4th year, and then his 5th year he got hurt and got a medical red shirt. Then he would get a 6th year and graduate with Neil.
Okay, that’s really all I wanted to say. All of that just for this: Andrew and Neil graduating together.
bucky writing to his ma during the war and rambling about steve in his letters, answering her arsenal of questions about the two of them like “nah he can keep himself warm now,” “yes we could use more socks” “I’m fine, yes I’m getting enough rest” and “you should see steve, he’s massive.”
also getting steve to do a quick sketch to send so she’ll know they’re ok and together bc of the odds of that were slim and everything bucky is saying sounds so outrageous (tho he makes sure to hold back the grimy stuff like almost dying with steve on purpose)
LAPIS' HAIR IS FINE. She controls water, and my hair is a frickin mess all the time anyways, if I controlled water, I'd end up with Lapis hair too. It's realistic, not a problem. Can we focus on something else other than Lapis, please? Like how Ronaldo is the physical representation of this fandom and we should all be ashamed?
hmm… nah don’t think so
I think Ronaldo in that last episode was more of a representation of allies… like I think it was P obvious, but it could be me…
You know how they guilt-trip you making you think that you are the one being (ex) racist even tho is your race and telling you what you must and you mustn’t do even tho, again, is your race, and telling u what’s racist and what no even tho they’re as white as an spanked kinky cuajada?
What are ur thoughts on Gerold Dayne the Darkstar? I've read a lot of crazy theories about him being a Targaryen which I don't think is the case but I definetely feel like there's more to him than meets the eye
2) what color and style is your hair? Brown, usually tied up in a bun.
3) what color are your eyes? Brown
4) do you wear glasses? Nah
5) do you wear braces? Thank God not anymore
6) what is your fashion sense? Nothing fancy, just band t-shirts and jeans
7) do you have any siblings? A sister and a brother, both younger.
8) what kind of student are you? Good, but no genius
9) what are your favorite subjects? History and I wish more people could appreciate it.
10) what are your favorite tv shows? Right now it’s The 100
11) favorite books? Tolkien - Silmarillion, Neil Gaiman - American Gods, Brandon Sanderson - Mistborn (both eras), Dmitry Glukhovsky - Metro 2033, 34 and 35, George R. R. Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire, Terry Pratchet - Monstrous Regiment, Sue Monk Kidd - The Secret Life of Bees
12) favorite pastimes? Music, books and writing (even though it’s been a long time since I wrote something)
13) any regrets? Plenty
14) what is your dream job? Surgeon or pathologist
15) do you want to get married? I still have a lot of time so there’s absolutely no reason to think about it now.
16) do you want to have kids? if you do, how many? I’d rather not. Even if, I will probably settle for adoption.
17) how many countries have you visited? France, Croatia (holidays), Austria (it’s so fucking beautiful I want to live there someday), Hungary (also hella beautiful), Germany and Slovenia.