I’ve been sitting on this for a couple weeks but…!!! I’m going to be an intern at Cartoon Network this summer!! I’ve been assigned to the Mighty Magiswords team and I’ll be working on that as well as a TV show coming out in 2018 called Apple & Onion. Thank you to all of my family and friends for believing in me when I doubted myself!
see that stain that my scanner turned blue for some reason? yeah that’s an actual bloodstain. my nose randomly started bleeding while i was drawing and at first i was like “oh shit” but then i looked at it and i was like “… oh shit”
it’s fitting. also i draw everything way better traditionally, digital is hard, man
I watched Danny Phantom when I was younger quite a lot and I felt like nothing was wrong with it. But then I recently re-watched the series (nostalgia! :V ) and everything became clear.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love the show (maybe even more so cuz of all the angst) this isn’t criticism, it’s just sorta summing up all the angsty shizz from the show that you probably missed as a kid. There is a lot of it. A lot. Like seriously. ANGST AHOY!
(And I don’t say all this show had was angst, it also was verry witty and clever at times, and has loads of puns and humor. don’t hate)
also feel free to add stuff to this that I missed! I made this list from memory only and there are probably a lot of angsty things I didn’t remember and shizz
so, here we go!
- The main protagonist got electrocuted and Literally half-DIEDD SCREAMING IN PAIN AND IS SOMEHOW SORTA DEAD BUT NOT QUITE….?
-almost all the villains are ghosts and must have DIED at some point, and some of them are still kids…It’s f*cking heartbreaking yo there’s this little ghost kid that play cowboy and pirate and then suddenly you realize HE MUST HAVE DIEED F*CKKKK FEEELLS.
- he only person that could possibly understand the protagonist’s situation is the main antagonist, who is seriously f*cked up, wants to bang his mother, and wants him as a son in some twisted way, he even tried to CLONE HIM BUT THE CLONES MELTED AND THEY WERE SENTIENT AND SCREAMING IT WAS TERRIFYING.
-The protagonist’s parents are ghost hunters, and hold a grudge against his ghost-half personally (he was framed for something), and almost every episode they scream about how they are gonna rip that EVIL GHOST (aka their son) APART MOLECULE BY MOLECULE and the weapons they make constantly affect him and he is TERRIFIED to live in his own house sometimes because if his parents ever find out about him THEY WILLL HURT HIMM.
- His dream is to become an astronaut, but because of the ghost hunting his grades dropped and now he will probably never become one… NEVER AN ASTRONAUT. NOT WITH THOSE GRADES. NO.
- His parents and teachers get super mad at him all the time for missing class and curfew because of this too, and they are all just super disappointed in him but he tries so hard, it’s just so hard to live two lives AT ONCE AND HE CANNOT STOP CUS PEOPLE WILL GET HURT BUT HE CAN’T TELL WHY HE’S GONE TO HIS PARENTS EITHER AND FUUUCK ANGSST YO.
-THERE IS THIS FUTURE WHERE ALL THE PEOPLE HE LOVES DIE, AND HE GETS SO SAD HE SEPERATES HIS GHOST-HALF FROM HIS HUMAN-HALF JUST TO NOT FEEL ALL THE PAIN AND GUILT ANYMORE, BUT HIS-GHOST HALF LOSES HIS HUMANITY AND FUCKING (this is confirmed) KILLS HIS HUMAN- HALF AND BECOMES THE MOST EVIL TERRIFYING GHOST EVER THAT DESTROYS EVERYTHING SMILING MANICALLY. YES. THIS IS CANON.
-He knows about this future and is terrified that he will turn evil and just….. ANGSTT
-In the beginning of the series the whole town thinks he’s some evil ghost wreaking havoc instead of helping and they all just HATE HIM FOR TRYING TO HELP (the towns opinion’ of him slowly changes throughout the show though)
-He constantly has to put his HUMAN friends in danger and cancel his NORMAL HUMAN PLANS with them because of ghosts constantly attacking him he NEVER ASKED to become WHAT HE IS AND HE CAN NEVER ESCAPE IT.
- He gets bullied almost EVERY DAY and can’t fight back cus it will blow his cover, everybody at school is super mean to him (exept Jazz, Sam, Tucker and eventually Valerie) and STILL HE WOULD GIVE HIS LIFE FOR ANY OF THEM WITHOUT A THOUGHT.
- Did I mention this kid is fourteen? FOURTEEN.
The worst thing about it is that none of these things really get the breakdown they deserve in the show because LOOK MORE CLEVER PUNS! Gotta keep it child friendly!
Though it was too bad for the show, I feel like this is one of the main reasons the fandom is still alive after all these years. There are just so many things that could be canon that the show never explored that endless headcanons, fanfictions and fanarts are still being made long after the series ended!
At this point I enjoy being in the Phandom more than acctually watching Danny Phantom to be honest.
And with that I close this ridiculous long post! Bye dudes!
what she means:
why did teen titans never expand on the tournament of heroines? they spent an entire episode on the tournament of heroes and could have easily made a two-episode arc where the master of games was the antagonist. in the closing shot of winner take all, we see that the master of games has chosen raven, starfire, and terra at least. assuming that there were 8 heroines, same as the tournament of heroes, there would have been five other female heroes that may not have been talked about or expanded on in the show. using the tournament of heroines would have added more to terra's character arc by cementing her as a 'good guy' and would have made her decisions more interesting, too. a tournament of heroines could have also added to raven and starfire's characters, possibly by showing how they act in a victory-driven situation. honestly tournament of heroines would have been more interesting than winner take all any day.
I love me some stylistic silhouettes but something within me wont let me tip that far over the edge, there’s a tiny man in my head whispering as I draw “legs that thin aren’t possible and can’t support that large a mass”