I am my Grandmother
- Grandmother: Have you read 'All the Light I Cannot See'?
- Me: No I haven't yet. See Gramma, I have a problem, and that problem is my to be read pile. I should very seriously not be let into a bookstore by myself with a credit card.
- Grandmother: Oh dear. You must have inherited that from me. I used to take your mother and uncle to the bookstore and they would say "Okay mom, you can only get two books."
- Me: See, the problem is that no one will go to the bookstore with me anymore. So its just a really dangerous situation all around.
- Grandmother: Your grandfather won't go with me anymore either. And I was really hoping you'd read it so I could go to book club and sweep the room with great comments.