reasons why people don’t message you back right away even though you can see that they posted on tumblr (and maybe even answered someone else!):
- they save their messages for last and haven’t even looked yet.
- you’ve written a very long message and they want to reply to it when they have time to write back a long message.
- you’ve written a very nice message and they want to reply to it when they have time to be properly thankful.
- you’ve written something that prompted a story or longer explanation and they want to reply to it when they have time to truly let the ramblebug take them.
- they are on mobile/not their own computer and only respond to messages privately when they know their x-kit outbox will work (lest they lose the flow of conversation).
- they are taking a brief break from writing/work but aren’t letting themselves look at messages (because they are supposed to be writing/working and no, they aren’t actually on tumblr. not really.)
- they are a little emotionally drained and can’t talk to people at the moment, but they still enjoy reblogging stuff.
- they’re hands/fingers/any injury they may have is flaring up after spending a day typing for whatever reason.
- they dislike answering all asks at once and would rather spread them through out the day.
Note: It is NOT because they hate you, think you are annoying, or are trying to be rude. I PROMISE IT’S NOT.