Gorka, deputy assistant to President Donald Trump, said Monday that the
administration will continue using the term “fake news” until the media
understands that their “monumental desire” to attack the President is
“There is a monumental
desire on behalf of the majority of the media, not just the pollsters,
the majority of the media to attack a duly elected President in the
second week of his term,” Gorka, a former Breitbart editor who also
holds a PhD in political science, told syndicated conservative radio
host Michael Medved. “That’s how
unhealthy the situation is and until the media understands how wrong
that attitude is, and how it hurts their credibility, we are going to
continue to say, ‘fake news.' I’m sorry, Michael. That’s the reality,”
Trump and his staff have repeatedly used
the term “fake news” to discredit reporting on the presidential
administration from mainstream outlets such as CNN and The New York
Times, often offering no evidence to back up their disputes with those
Earlier in the
interview, Gorka was asked by Medved whether he would acknowledge that
the administration’s controversial statement on Holocaust Remembrance
Day was “at least questionable in being the first such statement in many
years that didn’t recognize that Jewish extermination was the chief
goal of the Holocaust.”
replied by calling criticism of the statement “asinine,” arguing that
it was motivated by the media’s desire to attack Trump.
a Holocaust remembrance statement,” Gorka said. “No, I’m not going to
admit it. Because it’s asinine. It’s absurd. You’re making a statement
about the Holocaust. Of course it’s about the Holocaust because that’s
what the statement’s about. It’s only reasonable to twist it if your
objective is to attack the President.”
also sparred with a caller who contended that “every time you call
everything fake news, it just turns everyone except your hardcore fans
“Not everything’s fake news,” the caller added.
know, I would beg to differ,” Gorka shot back. “Every single organ that
generates these kinds of stories comes from the same clique of media
organs that predicted that Hillary (Clinton) would win and that Brexit
wouldn’t occur. I know what fake news is. And it’s coming from those
organizations. It’s time that you yourself understood that as well."
So the Trump Administration outright says they’ll continue to de-legitimize the
media until they toe the line and stop "attacking” (i.e. disagreeing
with, or presenting facts that disagree with) the President and his
god, drawing jon without a beard was weird!! but they’re in school, so i had no choice!
so… i’ve thought about their houses and jon’s about %30 hufflepuff and %70 gryffindor imo. he just wants to chill but he can’t help it and always rises to the occasion.
obv. he’s a prefect (didn’t want to be) and the keeper in the team. most of the time he just wants to hang out with ghost by the great lake. favorite subject: defense against the dark arts.
dany is smart sure but she also has ambition and a desire for greatness so she’s %20 ravenclaw and %80 slytherin imo. she’s a seeker. she also loves dragons. who knew… she may be a parseltongue idk but def. can speak more than one language. favorite subject: history of magic. hates divination.
edit: he doesn’t have a magical, sparkly butt (i beg to differ) his wand just happens to be in his back pocket
Another AU where Jacky-Boy is a hockey player and Bitty has a job that involves hockey bc that’s my aesthetic. Anyway, I really know nothing about how the world of sports journalism works so there is probably some inaccuracies in here, but it’s an AU so who cares. Artistic license and all that. Very slightly NSFW (i just wanted to get all the warnings out there).
“Are you into men?”
Jack has been asked this question before, but in such a subtle way (and typically involving Parson) that it’s easy to avoid. No reporter has ever straight out asked him. Besides, he’s not gay. He’s bisexual. So when Jack usually tells them, “No.” it’s not a lie. However, this time it feels different. Maybe it wasn’t just this particular time, but all the times added onto each other that’s finally causing him to really think about what hole he’s digging himself into.
The blunt question has him feeling panicky and the other presser notice his reaction too. Jack can’t say no, because that’s not true. He is into men. Jack’s panic quickly shifts, and now he just feels like shoving the microphones away and storming out, because this is hockey goddammit. Not E! news.
“Excuse me?” Jack clears his throat, trying to buy himself some time to think of a properly crafted response. Over the years, he’s developed a talent for that.
But everything is on overdrive and he feels his breath start to quicken again–
“Areyou into men?” Another reporter asks, and it takes Jack a moment to realize that the reporter isn’t asking him. He’s asking the man who popped the question in the first place.
All attention, including Jack’s, turns to the small blonde that got lost in the bundle of people. He holds up his mic towards the reporter who popped the question in the first place.
🚥🚦Venus in the 1st/Venus in Aries: these individuals want something bold, something full of life and passion. They crave an all consuming love. These folks revel in the ups and downs and the back and forths. The crave the “realness” that comes with loving another human being. For them a romance where to people can be honest and forward with one another isn’t something they’re interested in.
* Love: they tend to be very devoted and obsessed with their partner! They love to showcase their partner and steak possession over what’s there’s. They are a lot more forward and fiery when with their partners and don’t like to bite their tongues and expect the same from who their with.
- The fall: once betrayed these people will not hang around I’ll tell you that right now. No matter how much they loved you and put into you, once you give yourself or your body to another person that isn’t them it’s over. The passion and fire they had for you will not only dim but you’ll watch it slowly but surely subside. Depending on how much you meant to them they won’t be vindictive or mean but they won’t see you the same and if they do come back it will be because you clicked sexually and they might still hold on to that one particular aspect.(sex for Aries and Scorpio isn’t just sex)
💍💋Venus in the 2nd/Venus in Taurus: these folks are into something they can grow.. they are planters/gardeners who are obsessed with seeing the results of what they’ve reaped. They love very hard and usually take their time because of how hard it is for them to let go of someone whom they’ve let in. They are the old time romantics..the ones who live for the pleasure filled and easy marriages and relationships where to people love one another and experience every single beauty of life together. It’s not about the trips or the places. It’s not about the big extravagant things for them. It’s about the moments and memories to people share over the course of time and look back upon tenderly.
* Love: they are very possessive and doting when in love. They tend to not be easily threatened by outside forces but can still be the types to assert their dominance when they feel as though someone is overstepping on their territory(you) they aren’t argumentative either with their lovers and usually try to beat around the bush when their is a problem as they feel it will spoil the atmosphere. They are very touchy and engaging in an earthy way when in love! Aha these are the guys and gals always grouping their lovers. (Only second to Venus in sag)
- The fall: much like Scorpio. Once you lose their trust it’s impossible for their to be a round two. They tend to be extremely forgiving and get over a lot of relationship mishaps but cheating is a hard one. And I’m so serious like unless this is a afflicted or Venus in Taurus in the 12th or with heavy Neptune or moon going on they will almost never look at you the same. They will feel betrayed not just by the act of you cheating but the act of you sharing your body and soul with someone else when they worked so hard to let you see their soul. And no there is not (brake up sex) when they leave its done.
🎡🎠Venus in the 3rd/Venus in Gemini: these guys and gals live for the type of love that moves fast and engulfs them to a point of disconnecting. They seek a connection they can’t understand and something that boils beneath. An understanding completely unspoken.. they crave the laughter and intimacy they can only share with someone who meets them mentally and can touch them physically. They want am edge and never want it to be reached.
* Love: these folks(or shall I say me 😭) tend to be very childlike and giddy when in love! You make them bubbly and energetic! They can be very abrupt and odd when it comes to being in love and can sway from emotion to emotion a lot and it can be maddening but they do pass. They can be very touchy and clingy as well but also Independent and Mr and Mrs conquer the world if you don’t keep up. With the right person they talk all the time, to themselves and in weird voices(cause you know where like 5 years old) and they want you to listen to them. They’re quiet with you and very warm.
- The fall: gemini don’t tend to show hurt on the outside and at times don’t process it in the right way be it moon/sun/Venus/mercury or mars. So upon cheating or finding out about it they will shut down. Some don’t even react. Most air signs tend to do this thing I like to call a “delayed” reaction. They won’t seem moved or bothered at first but know that the act of betrayal you did “destroyed them” but to cope most just move on and completely disengage from the error(you) and never look back. Once you lose them in that way? It’s over. They have no problem sleeping with other people and remaining single and often then not them doing this is a coping mechanism. “If I dissociate” I won’t get hurt.
🛤🌃Venus in the 4th/Venus in cancer: these guys and gals are in need of something “familiar” they want to feel at home..they want to feel as if they’re being hugged by blankets mom just washed. They wanna feel the joy of breakfast in the morning dad made. They want to feel the joy of the road trips and the bonding and comfort of home in someone. They’re always home sick even if they don’t show it. Family is so important to them for better or worse and they just want to have a nurturing love a love that’s dedicated and stable. A love they can always come home too.
* Love:tend to be sooooooooooooo sensual and touchy when in real love aha! They are also will treat their lovers like children and baby them an outrageous amount of times aha. They tend to cook and if not cook nurture and take care of their lover in any way shape or form.. they sacrifice a lot and can become super attached to the point of which your moods are their moods. You become their home and if anything happens to you it devastates them whether you lose your job/or a family member it affects them just as deeply because they feel your hurt.
- Fall: it’s 50/50 on how they deal with cheating. Some might stay if they emotional connection was deep enough and if they truly have fooled themselves in thinking they can move past it then maybe but the thing is due to the emotional nature here cheating will create a loss of boundary and make it so so soooo hard for them to trust you or emotionally connect to you the right way after this.
🏆🌞Venus in the 5th/Venus in Leo: these guys remind me of ms mr dark doo wop. “This world is gonna burn burn burn, as long as we’re going down..baby you should stick around” now to most that’s a more scorpionic song but I beg to differ. Venus in Leo want a consuming love affair one in which to people are so incredibly devoted and in love that it’s litturly a blaze so entrancing and so bright that all who witness it stand in awe. They want a dramatic love affair and they want to be recognized by their lover. They want to be seen as a sun to their lover as someone immaculate..as the sin of pride once said
“I decide” and they want to meet someone who makes them feel big.
* Love: these guys and gals are very romantic like wow. They do so much and love to take you everywhere. They always want to be around you and feel your warmth and presence and can be sad if you avoid them to much(even if you say you need space they sometimes might take it as a slight) their very independent and tend to have their own passions and expect the same of their lover but also expect for them to be one of the passions in their life and vice versa! They are very proud and endearing when in love and tend to project their will and ego onto their lovers unconsciously so.
- Fall: okay I’m not even gonna lie you cheat on them? They will do you very crazy.. these aren’t people to be trifled with or bothered.. once you’ve cheated on them they tend to ice you out and act as if they are “above you” in their eyes you were a mistake and they don’t plan on relishing in the memories and often times unless in a water house move on fairly quickly. But that being said they will have a lot more walls up and may even develop insecurity and low self esteem after words..
🍁🍂Venus in the 6th house/Venus in Virgo:. These folks want work and give and take. They want a love that’s based on devotion and stability-the stability of “I’ll do anything for you, will you do anything for me?” They take work ethic in love so seriously and crave a love built on a foundation of small sacrifices from each partner. They want to know their lover will be willing to jump the 7 seas for them and they want to feel safe enough to do the same back. They want a tangible love and one both physically and mentally equal in every regard.
* Love: omg like THESE FOLKS ARE SOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE IN LOVE LIKE IF YOURE NOT WITH THEM WYD? They are so giving and always go out of their way for their lovers! Very passive aggressive(give or take with this) and usually try to please their partner any way they can and don’t mind doing things they’d rather not if it makes their lover happy. Very sensitive and vulnerable when in love and can be quite hurt when their lover isn’t sacrificing or putting in as much as they are. This can seriously brake their big hearts man. They tend to mature as time goes along and will be very very careful with your feelings and even if they know they’re arnt ready yet they might leave you until they can be that better person.
- Fall: to put it simply. If they did love you they might still maintain the friendship aspect with you but they won’t emotionally invest with you ever again. And to make matters worse if you’ve truly hurt them not only they cut you off but if you do try to get back with them and things do get sexual you will only be seen as a “beneficial” thing to them and nothing more since they don’t deem you as a worthy emotional investment anymore.
🌚🌝Venus in the 7th house/Venus in libra: what do they crave? My these folks want romance they want to feel it-they live to breath it in like oxygen. They are very old renaissance romance and want the mundane and everyday life but to live it with another. Much like Taurus they want to be able to do life with a person they hold dear to their heart. They want their other half and someone who competes them. Who wakes things in them they never knew. Someone who guides and aids them and one whom they can guide and aid as well.
* Love: so basically if you’ve ever watched great gatsby. I want you to think of gatsby. These folks have a flair for romance! They will be very magnetic and charming. Every move will seem calculated but it’ll be to well done to detest. They will be smooth and galant and will always try to be compromising and meet you in the middle. They’re not ever going to raise their voice at you or lay a finger on you. You’re sacred to them and someone whom they treat as such. Very sympathetic and nurturing to the needs of you
- Fall: okay so in a very odd turn of events these folks are very much 60-70/100 when it comes to cheating. They may get back with you but they might not. Some can forgive and move on and see it as a mistake while others aren’t as passive and may be extremely broken by it and isolate themselves from you. You never know how the scales will be weighed on you when and if you would dare do such a thing.
❄️🌋Venus in the 8th/Venus in Scorpio: these folks crave something consuming and something that will overwhelm them in a flurry of icy cool. They want a love as hot as a raging inferno and as cold to the touch as the Wall in GOT. They like Aries what the up and downs and the trials and tribulations it that comes with selling you soul to another in this game we call “romance” they want total and complete devotion and commitment of the souls.
“Would you die for me? No that’s to easy would you live for me?”
* Love: okay I’ve fallen In love with only one and I’ll tell you this. Passion. Glares. Atmosphere. Trials. Test. Emotional purging. You’ll feel on edge. Like you never really know where you stand but you’ll know exactly where you stand. It’s like a permanent limbo and you don’t want to get out. You’ll crave their touch and you’ll want their love in full. They will be on one moment and cold them next and no I’m not kidding this never stops even when they love you they do this 😩. They will do anything for you but they will also want to hide you like a secret not because you’re unworthy but because you’re theirs. No sharing and no caring.
- Fall: gurl don’t even do it. DONT EVEN DO IT. There is a double standard here. They can cheat you can’t. This is if their underdeveloped and if they are his type you need to go. But aside from t hat if you cheat on them? There is no “let’s go again” they will never ever forget what you did and if they let you back in; let me say this you will get fucked up. Don’t get snared and don’t think all is well.
🛫⛵️Venus in the 9th/Venus in Sagittarius: these are hippie babies and they want a carefree love! They want something Reminiscent of a voyage and or a great travel. They want something they can embark on full of growth and enlightenment both spiritual/sexual/mental/physical and otherwise. They want to feel alive and need to feel all of that inside whom they love. One grand unattainable voyage disguised as man(women)
* Love:they are soooo touchy feely! They want to feel you and live for the electric jolts of affection and “extra ness” I blame this on Jupiter. They want it to feel like a trip so more often then not they’re taking you places. To Walmart. To Kroger. To the park. To their pants 😜. To the Italy. To Japan. Everywhere. They want to experience everything with you and will always try to watch shows with you and do hobbies together. A lot of youtubers have this! Ex pewdie pie and Mariza both have venus in Sagittarius. They want to play always and love having fun with you.
- Fall: 0/100. You cheat on them like sexually thats a no go. Flirting isn’t anything to them but sexual that’s a wrap. Sagittarius are described as carefree and non committal but what people fail to mention is due to Jupiter and its expansive nature once they fall in love it’s a “big” thing for them like it’s “everything” to them and if that ends up failing they shut down and become more distrusting of romance after words (hence like gemini the non committal trance begins)
🌅🌉Venus in the 10th/Venus in Capricorn: they crave a more traditional love. A love filled with roles and structure. They want a love based on devotion and morals and one that they can not only rely on but one that eases their heavy hearts and opens them up to be free and a child for once. They want a love that allows them to ignore Saturn even if just a moment to make them feel like little babies without a care in the world. Before dad started expecting so much. Before the world started watching. They want shelter.
* Love: AWWWE THEY ARE sooooo cute like we must protec em all. They are super childlike and sweet and tend to be 1,000 times more sensitive and tender then when you first met. Playing with your hair. Rubbing your sides. They want to provide for you be it man or women. They seek to be a solid foundation for you. They stay tough for you and take the role of being emotionally strong In times of crisis for you. They nurture you much like Venus in cancer and can be drawn to the role of protecting you. Females with this once in love are like wonder women when it comes to the girlfriends or boyfriends and will litturly grow wings and flip the planet into the sun if you hurt them.
- Fall: ill be honest here and short and simply for my cap folks because you know and I know there’s not second chances. You cheat in any form and it’s not only done but it never existed and with how chillingly aloof cap Venus can be once they get their with you you’ll wonder if you were really in love.
🚀🎱Venus in the 11th house/Venus in Aquarius:. They crave something extraterrestrial. They want the kinda love thats forward and futuristic something that goes beyond society and something that invites something new and uninhibited. They want to see the future in your eyes the uncertainty of man and see you aloof to the idea of it all. They want the unbothered and unmoved partner in crime they’ve ached for. Someone who’s believes in something yet doesn’t let anything categorize them. Someone just as un-labeled as they. The rockstars.
* Love: okay let’s be honest. These people are so sos soooooosjsbdodbriehejehdjebdjd like cmon. They are super ooey gooey. The meaningful messages and the complete understanding. The doting partners who are willing to stand before all in protection of their partners individuality. They will be cool and far away even in love as their hearts are in love with human nature just as much as you do at times they can’t help but be captivated. They are endearing and romantic and erratic. You’ll never stop hearing from them. They’ll always communicate and let you know what’s happening. They won’t be good at expressing their feelings but they’ll feed you it with their actions and before you know it you’ll have a scrapbook of all of the moments you two have shared as you lay crying remembering all of the seemingly harmless but deep gestures made from such a unique human being.
- Fall: alright these guys are a trip. When you cheat on them not only do they cease all emotional involvement but they completely cut you off and lots of people say aqua Venus will hold on to the friendship part that is very accurate but it’ll take some time for them to see you as a “friend”
🌊🌪Venus in the 12th/Venus in Pisces: they want the divine. They want to feel the spirit world coursing through their veins. They want to feel death at their finger tips and the tether of life’s 8 ball dangling beneath their feet. They want to be devoured by the feeling to be annihilated by the moment. The torment and the loss and sacrifice of love is their life force. They grow from it. They want someone who reminds them of the humbling stance of “man”
* Love:these are some of the most intense and overwhelming lovers period(me) they are always touching and rubbing. They love to listen to your stories and show you their undivided attention. They sacrifice for you much like Venus in Virgo and feel rejuvenated doing so. They stand by you through pain and seek to ease your suffering. They guide you and worship you and see the absolute best in you. They encourage you’re quirks and the parts of yourself you hide from the world. They are sensitive and connected to you so dearly. You become their world and everything they desire in life. In as sense you become their divine.
- Fall: okay speaking on me personally.. yes I’ve gone back after minor cheating like flirting and maybe a mistake here and there but one thing I cannot come back from is sexual cheating. And I hope I speak for all Pisces placements..astrology describes these people as unable to stand their ground to giving in to easily especially to abuse but once you cheat on a Venus in Pisces it’s over.. you’ve broken them and theirs no fixing what you took away. Their heart is fragile and due to Neptune’s influence they idealize you as a god and once they see you betray them the novelty wares of..you’re nothing more then a “human” to them and nothing more.
Hope this post was helpful I’ve been wanting to do it since I felt like some of these signs get a bad rap. And personally cheating is wrong and even if someone goes back or comes back to you after you need to understand it’s a horrible thing to do and maybe this is controversial but maybe you didn’t truly love that person..
that being said all venus signs are beautiful and amazing in their own way and I hope this post allows you all to see that in yourselves.
There are some serious fucking problems occurring on this website, like:
Peoples’ grimoires are way too artistic. Like seriously you all need to tag that shit like “hey this may trigger you because this Van Gogh beautifully-crafted art style might blind you and gush your morality with its beauty and cause your perspective of your own grimoire/BOS to wilt like a flower on fire”. I don’t take the time to even update my BOS, never mind decorate it with these gorgeous illustrations.
The quality of pictures are way too high. I don’t know where people are getting all these professional cameras. Like I take pictures with my phone or shitty Samsung and post them, and I know I wouldn’t even reblog that shit, the quality is way too low. This results in a standard of high quality Instagram-worthy pictures that is too high for me to keep up with, y’all need to lower your photography skills.
Peoples’ altars are too perfectly positioned in the sunlight, like bathing in the holiness of the sun or moon and washing any of vestige of mortality away from that spot. This kinda weaves into the photography complaint but basically, y’all stop being so artsy.
Digital sigils are too easily and perfectly displayed. I don’t know how people make those sigils, it’s like an elusive angelic society that just sprinkles down talent and useful spells like falling stars. Seriously y’all need to post a how-to on that shit because I don’t have a tablet and just take pictures of hand-drawn sigils, but even those who post their hand-drawn sigils draw them incredibly better than I draw my sigils.
The witches on this site are way too creative. They’re all thinking of tips and techniques I never thought of before, and it makes everyone else feel dumb because they didn’t think of them first.
Pretty much every witch on this site seems to have a green thumb. They say taking care of plants doesn’t require a green thumb, but I beg to differ because pretty much every plant I own dies. Like I don’t know if it’s because I’m a death witch and am literally radiating death energy, but I can’t keep plants alive for my own life. Green witches gotta share their real secrets, HOW are you keeping your plants alive.
Then there are some problems like elitism, transphobia, homophobia, racism, nazism, blatant disrespect for peoples’ religions and cultures, the hatred with which we argue, and the fear that I’m always being scrutinized and that no matter what I say extreme SJWs will cherry-pick the things I say and misconstrue my argument into something i never said in the first place so i might as well just not even say my opinion on anything which i’m doing right now so i’ll just shut up and continue the joke
The spooky and ethereal Witch Aesthetic™ is too on point. All the hanging herbs and lit candles and smoke from incense are too entrancing and immediately calm my mood and cause me to daydream about the eloquence of the witchy aesthetic. It’s too romanticized. It causes me to enjoy my own craft too much, and I reblog too many of them. We need to cut those down by a bunch.
Summary: You’re a doctor for the avengers and when Bucky comes in with a hunk of metal in his side you find that it’s not his injury that’s making you sweat.
Warnings: Description of wounds/blood, Bucky being shameless
Note: I’m overwhelmed by the feedback I got on my last fic! You guys are great! So for my second fic I though I’d try out Bucky, again I’d love any constructive comments/criticism.
“Incoming! Incoming!” Odette, the surgical tech assigned to you rushes into the room.
“How many?” you ask, looking up from the table where you’ve laid out your tools.The tech flushes. You sigh. “What type of injuries?”
“Uh-hm..” the tech stutters. You turn around so you can hide your eye roll. “Dr.Cho’s been called in..” Odette says.
“Thank you, Odette” You say and head to the sink to scrub your hands again. You are a top scientist working for Fury, and besides having your degree in engineering you’re an MD who specializes in general surgery. So whenever the reinstated avengers go on mission you’re put on call, which basically consists of you waiting in the med bay in case anyone needs to be treated. Usually the injuries are minor, the team are unparalleled in what they do, and you just end up patching up deep scrapes or bullet grazes. Because of this and the fact you have daily work at the Avenger’s compound you’ve become very friendly with the team.
Your palms start to sweat. Today’s mission was supposed to be high risk and it’s a bad sign that Helen’s been called in. With you and one other doctor on call her and her technology are only called in for severe injuries. The door opens and a battered looking Steve supporting an even more battered looking Bucky walks in. Steve helps Bucky sit on the examination table.
“Any more injured?” You ask, pulling on gloves.
“Scrapes all around, except for Sam. He’s badly burned.” Steve blows air out of his mouth. You look at him, his brow is creased in worry.
“How badly?” You look at Bucky, he has a chunk of what seems to be jagged metal in his side, about two inches thick, protruding several inches from his gear. It seems to be a simple extraction job.
“Badly. But Park’s seeing to him” Samuel Park is the other doctor in the compound “Dr.Cho’s supposed to put him in the new Cradle.I hope she gets here soon.”
You walk to the table and pick up scissors and a knife. “Odette, You should go assist Dr.Park.” the tech nods, and scurries out the door. Steve goes to follow but looks back at Bucky.
“He’ll be fine, go,” You say, and with that Steve leaves.
You look at Bucky. His eyes are already trained on you. It reminds you of the time Steve came in for stitches. His forearm had been split open. Bucky leaned against the wall in the corner of the room, he remained silent but his eyes followed your every move. Even when you looked at him he didn’t break his gaze. You assumed he was just being protective over his best friend. Bucky hasn’t said more than two words to you in the time that you’ve known him. Even after he started opening up and joking around with the team he remained oddly silent around you. You assumed you annoyed him. He had no problem talking with the others and even flirting with the research techs.
You step up to him and start cutting away his gear. ‘Oops probably should have asked before I started cutting off his clothes’.Heat flushes down your neck and you stop your actions.
“Sorry, do you mind if I cut away your gear?”
“ ‘S fine” he says, voice low. You look up and you swear there’s a hint of smile on his face. You nod and continue. He smells of something metallic mixed with blood and sweat and a hint of….cologne…? As you cut away more of his gear you catch more of it. You try not to think about it. He’s handsome, the type of handsome that makes people do a double take. You try to ignore the broadness of his shoulders as his gear falls away, leaving him in a damp wife-beater.
“Ain’t even the first date and you’re already tryna get me outta my clothes.” He rasps, startling you. You stutter and stammer, before deciding not to respond.
“Okay,” you say, taking a breath. “I’m just going to take a look at this” You step in between his legs and inspect the metal shard. It looks worse than what you first thought it was. The shard is about the size of your hand and sticks out right below his rib cage, there’s a possibility that it might have hit some organs. There’s no exit point. Your heart rate goes up. Can a super soldier die if his major organs fail before his body can repair them?
You wheel over your table of tools. You wish you hadn’t sent away Odette.
“Can you lay down for me?,” You ask.
“Of course sugar.” He says, piercing you with his stare.
You take a deep breath, feeling flustered. Did this man want to die on the operating table?
You cut away his undershirt and prepare some local anesthesia.
“I’m going to try to numb the area, but I don’t know how well this will work. I’m sorry I don’t have anything else on hand.” You don’t even know if anesthesia would work on him.
“ ‘S alright, darling I’ve been through worse,” He says giving you a small smile. You feel your face fall as you think about how true his statement is. You numb him and take a deep breath.You move to start extracting the shard when his hand shoots out and grabs yours. You stop yourself from jumping.
“You know there is something that would make me feel better.” Bucky says, voice gravelly.
“Of course, what is it?” You place your tools back on the table. ‘Maybe a special painkiller?’ you think.
“A kiss,”Bucky’s face stretches into a wide smirk.
You splutter “James…!”
“Bucky.” he supplies, smirk not leaving his face.
“Bucky….I uh….I don’t think that would be necessary for minimizing your pain.”
“Oh I beg to differ darlin’“ He says.
You clear your throat and start to grab your tools again. Bucky says your name, pleadingly.
“Come on, ya really gonna deny a dyin’ man his final wish.” You roll your eyes at his dramatic tone. You fix him with your gaze.
“You’re not gonna die Bucky.”
“Here I am,bleeding out on your table, and all I’m askin’ for is one little kiss. Just one little kiss, from the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.” He looks at you from the corner of his eye “….before she slices me open.”
You sigh. One thing you know about Bucky Barnes is that he’s stubborn as a bull. Before you can talk yourself out of it, you lean over and press a kiss to his cheek, his stubble prickling you in a not unpleasant way.
For a moment Bucky just looks at you, it seems like he’s crawling underneath your skin with that stare. Then he groans “Really sugar? Ya gonna try and cheat a man with a chunk of metal in his side?”
“I-I, uh” You stammer
“You really are heartless.” He sighs dramatically, closing his eyes.
You war with yourself for a split second, before leaning down and pressing a quick kiss to his lips. As you start to pull away Bucky’s hand comes up and stops you, and he deepens the kiss. His lips are surprisingly soft, his stubble scratches your face deliciously. Remembering the fact that he has a piece of metal in his side, you slowly withdraw. Bucky tugs on your lip with his teeth as you do so, which makes you have to turn around in order to regain your composure. When you turn back around, Bucky’s face is split in an ear to ear grin.
“Alright beautiful, cut me open, I can now die a happy man.”
You swallow, “Shut up James,” you snap, hating how your voice shakes. You pick up your tools and start to remove the metal. It comes out surprisingly smoothly, except for the last few inches. As you pull them free, Bucky starts to bleed. Way too much. The end of the shard is jagged. You try to contain the blood. But there’s just so much, you call for assistance and try to repair the damage.
By the time you finish you’re covered in blood. “Bucky, Bucky can you hear me?” You say, stepping close and touching his face, he looks drawn, pale.
“His pulse is faint. But it’s there.” Odette says. You jump, you forgot she had come in.
“Alright,” you sigh, blowing hair back from your forehead. “Guess we’ll wait.”
Bucky’s moved to a different hospital bed in another one of the rooms, and fitted with IVs. Steve understandably freaks out, with two close friends gravely injured within 24 hours it’s no wonder. Sam’s healed now, resting. You tell Steve to do the same and sit in a chair in Bucky’s room. The others wander in and out of the room.You know with his regenerative properties he’ll recover, but when six hours pass you can’t help but worry. ‘Why hasn’t he woken up by now?’ .
You blink your eyes open as a sliver of sunlight passes across your face. You squint, looking at the clock on the wall: 7 am. Damn. You finished patching Bucky up at about 4 pm last night. You had fallen asleep in his room. ‘I’m terrible at keeping watch’ you scold yourself. ‘What if he had worsened during the night?’ You look over at Bucky, only to find him watching you. You jump.
“Man you need to stop doing that.” Your voice is thick with sleep. You lick your dry lips, feeling self conscious. Standing you hear your joints cracking as you walk over.
“How can I help it when you’re always lookin’ so gorgeous?” He smirks.
“Shut up,” You say, pulling back the covers and inspecting his wound. It looks nearly healed. “How do you feel?” you murmur.
“Alright,” He says wincing slightly as you put pressure on his wound. He sits up, and you try to ignore the way the muscles in his chest and stomach flex. “I’d feel better if you’d let me buy you dinner, though” He looks up at you through his lashes. You click your tongue.
“You really are shameless,”
“Come on, it’s the least I can do after bleedin’ all over ya.” You look down at yourself, your scrubs are crusted in dried blood. You start replacing the dressing on his wound.
“You say that to all the girls who stitch you up?” You quip, avoiding his gaze.
“Nope. But then again I don’t spend six months building up the courage to ask those girls out either.” You look at him for a long while,saying nothing, and notice how red starts to tinge his ears and creep up his neck.
“Alright,” You answer finally giving him a smirk of your own.
Bucky lets out a huge breath, and chuckles “Damn sugar, you really know how to make a man sweat, don’t ya?”
If you’re a reader, you’ve probably experienced this before: you pick up a book, it seems pretty interesting, you nonchalantly decide to read it – “whatever, might be good” – and then …
A paperback explodes life as you know it.
Encountering a book like this can give life sudden clarity, it can change the way you look at the world, it can help you overcome something and grow, it can give you new purpose, it can inspire you to change your life, it can transform your future. By the time you’ve finished that book, it has become a part of your life – and will probably remain that way forever. (*Holds up my battered copy of Narnia as evidence*)
This magical experience is pretty much the ultimate goal for a reader. But if you’re a reader AND a writer, the fulfilling moment is inevitably marred by one depressing thought:
“I’ll never write anything that good.”
To which I say:
I beg to differ, little discouraging voice. With dedication and persistence, anyone can write a story that will be deeply meaningful to a reader.
The trick? It needs to be deeply meaningful to the writer first.
If a writer is going to give a reader a life-altering piece of knowledge, that means the writer already has that knowledge to give. We have all experienced things worthy of a story. We are all characters, journeying through arc after arc, becoming better or worse. From living these stories, we learn and see things more clearly, just as protagonists do. Which means we have something to say, something to write about, something to give.
But to do so, we have to shoot for art.
The word art seems terribly vague, unattainable, and intimidating. But I don’t think it has to be. By “art” I’m going by the definitions given in two of my favorites quotes about writing (writing is art, so these apply):
“Art is born when the temporary touches the eternal.” – G K Chesterton
“…It is an art. It is the best of all possible art, a finite picture of the infinite.” – N D Wilson
Both quotes state the same thing, in different ways. Art is about depicting and communicating something true, something universal, something everlasting about life and humanity, through something tangibly created. A definition which sounds an awful lot like the definition of metaphor: “a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.” Which sounds a lot like storytelling, because story IS metaphor. It’s life, condensed and magnified, all of its components there for a specific reason – to represent and convey some deeper meaning. So storytelling is naturally suited to being art. Which is good news for writers.
But it can also mean trouble. Storytelling is proven to be one of the most powerful teaching methods there is; a story actually has the power to get into someone’s head and heart and change everything, because to a reader’s mind the events on the page are actually happening. They’re living another life, a life that seeks to prove whatever the author wants to say. So writers have a responsibility to make sure the meaning of their story is true, morally and logically.
BUT HOW DOES THIS ALL RELATE TO THE MAIN CHARACTER?!
Your main character is flawed, both in ways that only hurt themselves, and in ways that hurt others. These flaws are causing them to ruin their own lives. If they don’t awaken to this unwelcome truth about themselves, they will be lost. What happens to them over the course of the story, as they go after their singular goal, is going to apply pressure to these flaws until someone new – and most of the time, better – is made. The journey will teach them something, and that knowledge will enable them to overcome their weaknesses and forge a better life.
And I bet you can guess what that story will teach them. That thing that is deeply meaningful for you, so meaningful you want to share it with readers? Yup, that’s what your main character is going to learn.
It’s going to be the SOLUTION to their inner problems. When it comes to characters, the meaning can be wrestled into three parts, adding up into one concise sentence.
1) To achieve *a better state of being*
2) One must *moral and mental requirement*
3) Or else *the inner stakes*
To see how this works, let’s look at a fairy tale, the most straightforward example of this concept:
Let’s see Cinderella (the live-action 2015 version).
The meaning of the movie is summed up in this scene, and the story seeks to prove it throughout:
“Have courage and be kind… It has power, more than you know. And magic.”
The story revolves around this notion, and everything seeks to represent it and prove it, in true Fairy Tale fashion.
So in one line, that Ella’s arc proves: To achieve victory over abusers, one must hold onto their courage, kindness, and goodness no matter what – or else succumb and turn into someone like them.
Exemplified in her last words to her stepmother, that truly defeat her forevermore:
So! Constructing these sentences can help give our flawed characters a destination to motor towards. Which makes writing their arcs much easier. And maybe we can construct a character arc and story that will become one of those magical reading experiences for a reader. And then, maybe one day, we’ll get letters from our reader, telling us exactly what our stories gave them and how it has saved their life in some small way (or maybe not so small way.)
If finding a book like this is ultimate goal of a reader, I think getting a letter like that is the ultimate goal for a writer.
Well, there’s my motivation. Time to go figure out what the heck I want my book to say.
Summary: After a month of being broke at college, you finally find a place to stay, but the only con is that there is nine other people you have to share a house with - one in particular who makes it his mission to irritate you at every turn - but they’re hiding something from you. Something big.
(1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/7) Scenario: Werewolf!AU, college!AU, series Word Count: 5,972
you deserve everything. every smile, every laugh, every sun rise, every kiss from your beautiful girlfriend, every starlit night, every hot cup of coffee, every new discovered band or artist, every hug from your best friend, every beautiful ray of sunshine, every single “have a good day” from a stranger you passed on the sidewalk, every good night sleep, everything. you deserve everything.
summary : there’s a little bookstore on the corner of a street in manhattan, and when peter parker gets a job there he’s not really expecting to fall head over heels for the cashier in charge — you. just your typical bookstore au, where peter isn’t spider-man.
word count : 3.4k
author’s note : i love this so much i’m nUTTING this is literally my pride and joy i’m gonna weep okay i know it’s long but literally my favorite thing ever okay i love you
gif credit :@hllands (sorry for not including it before, was not aware you made it and i did not mean to discredit you work in any way)
A piece of white copy paper, written on in bold red ink and stuck to the front of the antiquated bookshop’s front door, is gleaming in the streams of sunlight that beat down upon it as Peter Parker makes his way down the busy street. He’s not usually one to spend much time in the city itself, only because of the unruly train schedule and the way that May worries herself if Peter isn’t home at precisely the time he said he would be. With the trains, you can never be positive that you’ll be getting to where you need to be in the estimated amount of time it says on the google, so he tries to never linger in Manhattan for longer than he has to.
However, it’s a Saturday, and he’s trying to figure out who will hire him despite his somewhat young age of only fifteen and his minimal work experience- which is to say, no work experience. He’s not even sure how jobs work, to be quite honest, but he needs to start pulling his weight around the house even if May insists that she’s doing just fine on her own. He sees her stress about the bills nearly every week, sitting at the kitchen table with her fingers pinching the bridge of her nose and her glasses slipping down her face as she punches numbers into a calculator with the other hand. He sees the little exasperated sighs and the worry lines that she’s far too young to have and so Peter decides that he’s going to get a proper part time job in order to help her out.
It’s the least he can do; she’s taken him into her little apartment and treated him the way a mother would a son. She pretty much was his mother. And if he had to get a job to repay her for everything she does for him, he would do so without complaints. Which led him here, standing in front of the little bookshop on the corner that seemed to be empty save for someone sitting atop the counter beside the register, from what he could see as he peers into the dusty, sun streaked window.
The aforementioned piece of paper that’s been strategically placed smack in the middle of the front door- you can’t miss it if you’re trying to enter the shop- has the words NOW HIRING: INQUIRE WITHIN scrawled on it in letters to bold to be ignored. Peter pretty much has to walk in, the quaint little store is calling to him and he turned down this particular street for a reason. He believes in the whole everything happens for a reason type of ideal, the coincidences and the little things in life that were such blatant, blaring signs that Peter would be a complete moron not to listen to them. So, he sweeps his gaze over the sign one final time and then pushes the door open, the tiny bell atop the door jingling in a quiet but melodious way as he enters. He shuts the door softly behind him, then takes a long look across the stores.
There are books stacked in irregular ways next to shelves and on windowsills and next to the front door. The ones placed among the main window like an enticing display are anachronistic, perfectly classic; weathered and yellowed from their ripe old age and collecting dust like there’s no tomorrow. Peter supposes that might be part of the charm of the store; to make everything look old so that the hipsters flock to it, bees to honey or birds to breadcrumbs. But really, it’s the emptiest store he’s ever been in aside from his nearest CVS Pharmacy at eleven o’clock at night to pick up gummy bears for May when she was craving them that one time last week. He walks further into the store and sweeps his hand along the row of the new releases, the ones he figures people would be the most interested in.
You tilt your head to the left curiously, watching the boy with the nicely side swept hair and the gray sweater examine shelf after shelf, and he’s all careful hands and scrutinizing eyes and he’s pulling his bottom lip between his teeth as he reads the back of a novel from the newer shelves and runs his fingers along the smooth spine of it and you have to admit, there’s a quite real possibility that he is, in fact, one of the cutest boys you’ve ever seen. Rarer still, he’s pretty much the only undeniably attractive boy to walk into this bookshop; the others were well under the age of twelve and hadn’t come looking for books willingly, they had been dragged in by excited mothers and begrudging older sisters. You shift from your position on the counter, your thumb holding your place in your book as you lean froward to continue examining the brunette whose eyes were glued to the shelves in front of him.
You slide off the counter and your shoes land on the wooden floor with a soft thump that makes Peter’s gaze shoot up in surprise, the description on the back of the novel in his hand forgotten. The book he’s holding drops to the floor as you make your way over to him, weaving through the maze of shelves like you’ve been doing it all your life before coming to stand in front of him.
“I’m supposed to ask if you need help with something,” you explain, brushing your hair out of the way so you can tap on the name tag hanging from your shirt. Y/N. “But you look like you’re fine over here. Unless you do need help…” You trail off a bit, hopeful that he does indeed need your assistance today because no, you don’t really have to ask him if he needs anything, you just kind of want to. Peter nods vigorously, bending down to pick up the book he’s let fall to the floor and shoving it back into place.
“UH- yeah yeah no I need help,” he says quickly, placing his hands into his pockets and thinking to himself yeah Peter, help with your inept social ability is what you need. Damn it. “I’m, um, I’m Par- no, no, I’m Peter Parker, not Parker Peter. That wouldn’t sound right. I keep doing that, sorry,” his face goes red as he grows more and more flustered. You watch him with thinly veiled amusement before grinning and sticking your hand out for him to shake.
“I’m Y/N. Nice to meet you, Peter Parker, not Parker Peter,” you press your lips together to stop yourself from laughing, but he doesn’t seem to mind. He releases a little breath, shakes his head at himself, then matches your handshake. You turn toward the shelf he’s been staring at for the past seventeen minutes, and it’s your favorite section: young adult. “So… what’d ya need? I’m kind of an expert around these shelves,” you motion at the books.
Peter tries to ignore the sweaty feeling on his palms where he shook our hand. “Oh, well actually, I saw that you guys were hiring and I- I need, you know, a job thing. I can do whatever,” he adds, eyes widening when he realizes that he needs to sound more qualified than he does. “You know, I like, read and whatnot… I can count money? I know how to put things in alphabetical order…”
“So, uh, basic human skills then?” You tease, raising an eyebrow. He runs a hand through his hair, giving a nervous laugh. All right, so he was pretty fucking cute. You had to give him the job. You’d be mad not to. You pretend to think about this, then you take him by the sleeve of his sweater and lead him to the register as you slip behind the counter. “Kidding. Don’t look so nervous. I’m like the least intimidating person ever.” I beg to differ. Peter’s hands twist the hem of his shirt around. “You’re hired. Fill this out and you can start Monday. I’ll let the boss know.” You hand him an application form and smile at him, his nerves dissipating as quickly as they came when he saw you. Your fingers trace over the cover of your book out of habit, and his eyes follow the cover.
“You sure your boss will be okay with you hiring a kid with no work experience whatsoever and bad social skills?” He asks, grabbing a pen off the cup beside your register as you shrug.
“The boss is my mom so… I’m pretty sure you’ll be fine,” you lift yourself back onto the countertop so you can peer down at him as he begins filling out the application right then and there. “Benjamin. That’s nice. I like it.” You point to where he’s scrawled his middle name in terribly messy handwriting.
“Yeah? Thank you,” he smiles back at you, but it’s soft and it’s sad even though he knows you couldn’t possibly have any inclination as to who he was named after. Swift to change the subject, Peter lets his pen rest against the paper and grabs the book lying next to you on the counter. “The Night Circus. What’s this about? Any good?”
He flips it over so he can read the back of it, the cover a shining black and red that he can’t help but run his hand over because it’s smooth and surprisingly nice to touch. You can’t help the way you light up inside when he asks you about your book. People never took much interest in what you read, and your friends had a habit of teasing you about your intense reading habits since no one else enjoyed it quite as much as you did. “Yeah! Yeah I love it so far, it’s about magicians and stuff but… way more complicated than that. Really good though. It’s right over by where you were looking earlier.” You point in the vague direction, but Peter is aware of what section you’re referring to. “I kind of just grab the books off the shelf sometimes and take ‘em home. My mom doesn’t really notice and there’s not that many people who come in here anyway so I have a big collection at home.”
“That’s awesome!” Peter genuinely grins at you, chin perched in his hand as he hands you back the book. “When you’re done, d’you think I could borrow it? So we can have something to talk about during work. Plus it sounds interesting.” The smile you give him, absolutely radiant, is indescribably beautiful in Peter’s eyes and he watches you disappear for a moment only to return with a shiny, new copy of the book sitting on the counter.
“Mom doesn’t check,” you say again, your face heating up when your fingers brush against his in the exchange of the book. “Gonna warn you, though, I’ll be done by the end of the weekend, so don’t expect me to have the same book come your first day of work.”
Peter opens the first page. “Whatcha gonna be reading on Monday, then?”
You meet his eyes for a split second. Warm, watchful, careful eyes. Eyes that you could definitely see yourself falling for. “I’ll let you know.”
He’s indubitably happy for the rest of the weekend. He bounces his knee whilst on the train ride home, he grins to himself alone in his room as he lies on his back and holds the book above him so he can read by lamplight, and when he sits down to dinner with May he keeps blushing for no apparent reason as he eats boxed macaroni and cheese that May insists she could make from scratch if she really tried.
“You’re awfully happy tonight,” she remarks, taking a bite of the Kraft dinner and surveying her nephew carefully. “Anything special happen today in the city?”
Peter shrugs nonchalantly, trying to play it off as if it were nothing special, but he knows that you’re special, and he’s only known you for maybe an hour and he had forgotten to ask for your number like the clueless idiot he was more often than not. Didn’t matter, though, because he was sure that he could get it on Monday when he headed over at noon. Thank the Gods for summer vacation. “Oh, um, nothing really,” he says, trying, and failing, to contain his excitement. “I just got a job and I met a girl and I like her already and now we work together and we’re gonna talk about books all the time and I’m really excited because I start Monday and she gave me a book and we’re gonna talk about it and I might fall in love with her but I don’t know yet but there’s a very strong possibility of that happening and I’m really really happy right now but that’s it no big deal you know?”
May blinks. Peter often goes off on tangents when he’s overly enthusiastic, or when he’s nervous. But she reaches across the table and squeezes his hand tightly. “Let me know when you’re positive that you’re gonna fall in love with her, because I’d like to stamp my approval on this one. I’m happy for you Peter.” May pauses, then says, “Don’t even think about giving me your paycheck.”
Every morning from Monday on consists of Peter arriving at work with a cup of coffee in his hand, iced coffee because it’s summertime and there’s a Dunkin Donuts on every corner of New York City, promptly at twelve to see you sitting in your usual position with a book in your hand. You read rather quickly, and Peter can hardly catch up with the five books you go through each week, but he tries since he needs to be able to talk to you about something. After sometime, though, you start talking about things other than books. There’s science, and math, art, and school, and your parents and his Uncle Ben, and May, and anything and everything you can think of. But your day always starts the same.
Peter, walking in with his coffee in hand and a lanyard slung around his neck, his little ID picture adorably dorky because he’s half blinking but still smiling. He slides another coffee across the counter toward you- he eventually received your number that same Monday morning he started working there and then texted you asking for your usual order. Sometimes he gets you a donut, too, if you ask him. Then, he starts sorting through the new orders that have just come in, stacking them alphabetically of course (it was one of his special skills, after all) and calls across the store, “Whatcha reading today, Y/N?” And you’ll yell back the answer, typically a different one every two days, as he pulls his phone out of his pocket and marks the title on a list of what he has to read. He refuses to read Game of Thrones, insisting the show was much easier for him to follow. You practically threw a fit when you found out he hadn’t finished the Harry Potter series, so that was at the very top of his list and he came in this particular morning with a copy of the third book sitting in his shoulder bag.
“Morning, Peter,” you call out happily, not looking up from the pages of The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater when the bell overhead the door sings out an announcement of his arrival. You hold out your hand for your drink, and it lands there without hesitation.
“Good morning,” he grins back, pushing up your hand to see the cover of your book properly. “Whatcha reading today?” He looks up at you expectantly, taking a sip of his drink. You place your bookmark in your book and hand it over to him, kicking your feet back and forth. “Should I add this one to the list, too?”
“Yes!” You exclaim, waiting for him to be finished with the first page. “But don’t you dare read anything on it before you read Harry Potter, got it, Parker?” The warning is so playful it makes Peter laugh before he nods, taking his spot behind the register this time. You have to write up the chalkboard signs for outside the store, and it’s been agreed that you have the prettier handwriting out of the two of you. “My mom thinks you’re doing a good job helping me out,” you mention casually after a few minutes of comfortable silence, your tongue between your lips as you slowly begin drawing a purple stack of books on the chalkboard stand.
“Really?” Peter asks, eyebrows raised in surprise. He didn’t do much around the store, to be quite honest, mostly because he never worked the register. Even if he did, the way you did every day, there weren’t many customers that came in. You received more online orders than anything else. “I’m not even really sure why you hired me in the first place, honestly. I wasn’t qualified, like, at all, Y/N.” He laughs again, he’s always laughing with you.
You purse your lips, the pink chalk in your hand hovering over the book you were attempting to illustrate properly. There were a lot of ways you could reply to this. There was the risky way. There was the safe way. There was the in between sort of way. After an internal debate, you say, “Well, what can I say? I have a penchant for looking at pretty things, and, um, you’re not bad to look at, Peter. For a boy, you’re kind of pretty.” You don’t look at him when you say it, but he’s staring at you like he’s never seen you before. It’s the look of a boy falling in love for the first time. You can feel it in the heat in your stomach when you finally turn around to face him, standing up and brushing chalk dust off your jeans as he contains to gaze at you with that soft air about him. “What?” You lightly shove his arm.
“Wh- what? I mean, um, nothing, uh, nothing.” Peter runs a hand through his hair, messing up the carefully gelled way he does his hair every morning for work. “Absolutely nothing.” His face is burning red, eyes trained on the register like it’s the only thing he can look at without fainting, and there’s a trace of a smile on his lips but he doesn’t want to show it just yet.
You lean against the counter. In his peripheral vision, he notices the tiny smirk playing at the corner of your mouth, a smirk bordering on something gentler and kinder than you desired it to. Arms folded across your chest, staring at him hard. Your smile is burning as bright as the spring sunshine in April after a particularly hard day of rain the day previously, but he’s still not looking at you, so you say, “Did we just reach the part in the young adult contemporary novel where you start falling in love with me?” You see his hand freeze atop the register, and he can feel the way his cheeks are glowing too red to be blamed on the heat of the summer. “You know, I bet we did.” You move to make your way to the front of the store, but Peter turns around just in time to grab your hand and pull you into him.
His fingers smoothly slip through yours. “If we did, that’d be okay, right? You wouldn’t mind your love interest being… all me-like?” The self doubt is always so clear with him, but you bring yourself closer still with a shake of your head.
“You’d make a great love interest,” you reply softly.
The taste of cold coffee from Dunkin Donuts lingers on his lips when he kisses you for the first time that day, the coffee that he dumps copious amounts of sugar packets into because he can’t stand the bitterness but wants to keep drinking it. The coffee he loves despite the odd looks he receives from passerby that can’t help but stare at the boy with messy hair and a lanyard around his neck and bright eyes who keeps ripping open packs of sugar at the counter and pouring them in. You’ve loved cold coffee already, but you love it a little more now that there’s a new way of tasting it, and the next day when he walks into your little bookshop you’re the one with mouth that tastes like his morning pick me up- and neither of you have ever been more grateful for books in your life.