Simple introductions about figure skating in general
Please notice that I mostly write about senior single skating. I also follow ladies, pairs and ice dance but I do not write about them as much. I assure you that there are various similarities and differences in all disciplines (
however I am just too lazy to write down all of them).
To be honest I don’t want to tag Yuri on ice as some anime fans don’t want to read posts about real life figure skating. However some of these posts I wrote due to requests through private messages sent from Yuri on ice fans, so that’s it.
The list below is to be updated in time.
2) General highlights you need to know about figure skating competitions
(some facts are frustrating and unfair though)
5) Six basic jumps in figure skating (make sure you watch the video I listed in the post if you want to know more about those jumps).
6) Breaking down the 6 basic jumps in slow motion (NEW)
8) What you need to know about figure skating programs
(believe me, this is actually easy to remember)
11) What is a step sequence in figure skating
(this is the most difficult to understand for most fans honestly)
12) Breaking in new boots and other trivia
(it is hurtful, yet my leg never looked as hurtful as that)
15) Anatomy the quad jumps (NEW)
20) Yuzuru’s exhibition programs that I like (NEW)
If you have any questions about figure skating in general, feel free to send me messages. I can’t say I know all, as I am not a pro, but I will try my best.