okay but as a gay kid that’s struggled a lot with having “silly little crushes” due to how society teaches us that being gay is always in extremes (i.e. the trope of only being “madly” in love with your straight best friend, being obsessively head-over-heels for the popular kid at school you don’t actually know), shout out to night vale for making cecil’s crush on carlos just a “silly little thing” that eventually escalated to sometime more serious in a reasonable and healthy amount of time because honestly you have no idea how refreshing it is to see gay characters actually have normal and realistic relationship development, especially when the alternative has actually negatively affected you in real life
I’m not sure where to begin, to be quite honest. I just found out that apparently there is a chapter 18 despite everyone thinking there’d be a break after 17 and of course I instantly read it. Now me being my obsessive, overexcited self instantly went into the tag to see what kind of funny shit this precious fandom came up with this time only to be…well disappointed is such a hard word but I kind of am. Not because the jokes were repetitive (they were, but that is not the point) but because the fandom seems to be split in two entirely and I don’t understand why? Or why people have the need to constantly shade one another. Anyway, feel free to ignore this, but I’m going to voice some of my (probably unpopular) opinions.
1) Ji eun is a major bitch and I do not understand why people are glorifying her for punching Sangwoo in the face like she is some sort of hero. She didn’t do it for Yoonbum, but to save her own skin. It also didn’t show guts or anything, just her will to live. I wanna bet that all the girls he chopped off before her tried much the same. Nothing special, moving on.
2) That being said, she most certainly is not a bitch for offering to have sex with Yoobum. In a situation like this, live or die, every last one of us would probably offer much more than sex, trust me on this one. Nothing is more precious than survival, it’s in our DNA to do our best. That being said, she is still a bitch for offering to basically RAPE Yoobum to safe her own skin. Bitch is selfish, not a hero. Yoobum obviously wasn’t down for the idea of getting fucked by her.
3) I really do not understand how people are still surprised that most of the fandom ships Sangwoo and Yoobum. Nor why people are surprised that most of the fandom loves Sangwoo. We basically got half of the explanation for this coming from Sangwoo himself in Chapter 18: He’s pretty so people are drawn to him. Where is the big deal? It’s a cartoon, for heavens sakes. It’s not like we have a bunch of real life Harley Quinn’s running around the street. Now for the shipping part, this one REALLY goes over my head. I literally saw comments about getting help and getting Jesus being thrown around and shit like that irks me for many many reasons, but I digress. We see the story through Yoobum’s and Sangwoo’s eyes. OF COURSE WE ARE ROOTING FOR THEM! Not just them as a couple but them as people! I’m 99% sure that we are supposed to! Yoobum loves Sangwoo so we love Sangwoo. Yoobum loves Sangwoo, so we want him to get Sangwoo. We love Sangwoo so we want him to be happy. We love Sangwoo so we want him to succeed in his murder spree.
I was happy when he killed that asshole in the last chapter and I most certainly am looking forward to seeing Jieun being killed by either of them, really, because that is what Sangwoo (and Yoobum) want and since I see the story through their eyes, I want that to. Does that mean I’m about to go out and start killing people? No, because I faint at the sight of blood and really don’t like the idea of taking someones life. Nor the fact I’d get a lifelong sentence, really. Just throwing it in there for good measures. So, it’s safe to say I’m not going to go on a killing spree anytime soon. Still enjoy the deaths.
4) To elaborate on that. I really, really am surprised how people go into this story disliking Sangwoo and the relationship between him and Yoobum. Like you do realize it’s all about that, right? About Sangwoo getting satisfaction by killing and Yoobum getting satisfaction by being by Sangwoo’s side. This story isn’t about character growth , overcoming your mental illness or getting out of the shit situation you’re in. Quite the contrary. It’s about giving in to those primal urges, this quiet need to kill in the back of every humans head. The story is supposed to make us route for the killer and the psychosis and that sick twisted part of them so we end up questioning just how fragile our and societies morality is. I had Philosophy for for a couple of years and morality was a big part of that. I have my own opinion on morality and how it is a mere illusion anyway but that isn’t the point right now. The point is, let go of your false morality and get off your high horse and enjoy the comic called Killing Stalking for what it is! About two psychopaths giving in to their mental state to stalk and kill their prey together.
Insomnia isn’t a pretty girl with a messy bun and a cup of coffee in her hand.
Insomnia is being awake at 5 am because your head won’t shut up.
Insomnia is being so tired it feels like passing out, but not being able to close your eyes and fucking sleep.
It’s your head screaming and finding tiny little things to fixate on.
It’s having to take medicine every single night just to get a few hours of sleep.
Insomnia is people not understanding that when you say that you’re tired, you don’t mean “I am so tired, I only got like 6 hours of sleep”, it’s meaning “I am so tired because my head kept me awake, again.”
Insomnia is counting the hours you’ve slept, and being so obsessed with them.
It is feeling your entire body wanting to shut off, but your mind is screaming “Oh but you can’t sleep now, I’m having so much fun tormenting you.“
you're an EMT! wow! would you mind telling us what that's like?
I don’t mind talking about some parts! I think anyone who works in emergency medical services knows that there are something things you only share with other EMS people. That being said, I’m an EMT so I don’t do a lot of trauma!
Here’s what I am willing to share!
My current partner is obsessed with the Little Drummer Boy song and won’t stop playing it. It’s been many moons. Someone save me.
I’m currently at a new job so I get hazed a bit, which, since it’s not sexist, I tolerate with grace.
(I am not a tolerant person, vengeance will be mine.)
In this field you have to be able to sit quietly for long periods of time or else you will murder your partner. You guys are stuck together in an ambulance for hours at a time, waiting for a call, and that’s a bad place to fight.
Dispatch is scary and you should be nice to dispatch, they control your life.
Nurses do not like us, which is fair. They get insane case loads and here we are hauling in a dude who doesn’t know how to clean his medical stuff properly. Again.
I am currently sitting in an ambulance. My partner is eating cheese fries from some abominable Chicago restaurant (I’m from California, In-n-out is the only way). It is 10 in the morning.
Getting insurance information is the worst part of my job.
If you don’t know what you’re doing/have never done something before, you have two options. One is to tell your partner that you’re inexperienced OUT OF EARSHOT of the patient, and let them take lead. Two is to poker face that shit out and get it done.
The above does not apply to medical equipment you are not familiar with. Bad things happen when you operate equipment without SOMEONE telling you how it works.
One time a patient straight up punched me in the head and I was…strangely pleased?
One time a patient got into the ambulance with a dixie cup full of spaghetti which she ate with her hands.
EMTs, for the most part, don’t judge. We really don’t care what happened to make a trip to the hospital necessary, just, like, tell us?
One time an older man had us take him to the hospital (we’re non-emergency so you have to call the company not 911) and a doctor yelled at me because I didn’t put the man on a backboard. He didn’t tell me he was experiencing back pain.
I see a lot of dialysis patients. A lot. Frequent flyers are either your best friend or your worst enemy.
Spaghetti lady is my ARCH ENEMY
I oddly get a lot of people apologizing for their hygiene/smell. The people who apologize never smell that bad, trust me.
If your partner doesn’t know how man L/min for oxygen flow, DO NOT LET THEM TAKE POINT WITH THE PATIENT
Driving in Chicago sucks balls, why is this city a labyrinth of ice and one way streets.
I have a lot more (and I guess I didn’t really answer the question lol), but these are what I can think of right now! Thanks for the ask :)
Hi, uh, am I the only one obsessed with Murphy’s little thumb holes in his sleeves? Because I actually look for them when his hands are shown. Like I miss them. He wants to be seen as badass (and scary in the first season) but then he’s like ‘better cut cute little thumb holes in my sleeves’.
pidge/keith brotp headcanons bc i love these children
* ok.. listen. everyone talks abt how these two would bond over the Conspiracy Theorys™ and while im not disagreeing, consider: they bond over their very unfortunate, mutual creepypasta phases
* it’s so…. god. its so terrible. shiro walks into keith’s room one night to tell him and pidge to get some rest only to see them watching “the rake” documentaries with the computer screen on full brightness. he shrieked and proceeded not to speak for 3 days
* good thing abt sharing a mutual, terrible obsession for creepypasta and general conspiracy theories? conspiracy theories x100
* keith at 3:37 am: call it a little outlandish but…. do u think the rake and the cupacabra r related… perhaps….. / pidge, surrounded by mt dew bottles and with some suspicious candy thing on her cheek: goddammit mulder ur a genius
* oh ya they refer to each other exclusively as scully and mulder. i think you can guess who’s who.
* so like its canon that keith doesnt generally pick up on social cues as fast as the rest of the paladins so sometimes she’ll explain smth like lances joke or the metaphor hunk was using or w/e and its great bc shes really nice and non condescending abt it
* in turn, keith helps pidge out when she gets too caught up in her own thoughts.
* like sometimes she’ll lock herself in her room for days on end studying every piece of evidence she could’ve possibly found that will help her find her family and keith will just. slip in there n sit down with her and he’s so blunt and rational that it dispels any fears she has almost instantly
* pidge forced hunk and coran to help her reprogram the training bots so that if someone (someone being keith) trains for more than a certain amount of time it shuts down by itself
* keith is very protective of all the paladins bc he has -900 chill but he’s esp protective of her bc she sort of reminds him of himself when he was that age? very determined and Angery™
* pidge suffers bc when keith told her he liked lance, he made her swear not to tell anyone, which was difficult for her bc when lance told her he liked keith, he made her swear not to tell anyone. save pidge gunderson
* they’re def the type of friends that send each other Looks and start giggling or one of them will say a totally innocent word and the other will burst into laughter bc of some inside joke. it alarms everyone
Me 99% of the time: OMG I’m so happy I found Skam. It’s brought so much to my life. I relate so much to the characters and the stories they tell. It’s healed me and made me a more aware person. It’s also brought me a whole world of online friends that equally obsess about every little detail. It’s inspired me to pursue new passions like film editing. Overall I’m the happiest I’ve been in years.
Me 1% of the time: What am I doing with my life? How many times can I watch a season of a show that only equates to about 4hrs of content. Why am I learning Norwegian? Why have I become an amateur detective trying to figure out who the next season main is? Why do I spend more time on tumblr than actually doing my IRL job?
Kuro glared down on her. His usual emotionless demeanour was gone. It was replaced with fury. He was pissed. But at that point he also didn’t care anymore. Because now he had her. Who would take all of his frustration. She would be his cute, little Sex toy. Nothing more. He didn’t care about love. He only cared about lust.
“This is all your fault. You made me obsessed. You made me do this. So you’re going to have to bare being my toy for the rest of your miserable life. It could be enjoyable for you, and it could not be. It depends on your behaviour.”
God now she was crying. Why? Why?! Why was she crying?! All this time he spent getting to know her, and she turned out to be nothing but a useless sack of tears. It was absolutely disgusting.
“Stop crying! Stop freaking crying! I despise crying!”
He pulled on her chin and roughly wiped her tears away. She was indeed useless for him. But she was good enough to let him fulfil his desires.
He roughly tore her shirt open, letting a small grin appear on his face.
I have a secret obsession with Skinny pigs. I love them and their cute fat little hairless chubby selves. So when the guy at Petsmart told me the clearly DYING skinny pig was “Supposed to be skinny. It’s a skinny pig.” I lost it. It was emaciated, its eyes were closed, head resting on the bottom of the cage, heaving as it breathed. And he was “$5 off!”
He only started to take me seriously when I started taking pictures, called another employee to isolate it. Animals don’t just lose weight like that over night. There was food and water in that cage. Fucking pay attention!
I called the humane society. Going to follow up tomorrow.
Remember a few days ago I was like, ‘i’m not going to draw snowbaz for a bit cause I’m making a snowbaz comic, then I realized the only thing Carry On was missing is animal familiars. I could see Baz with a raven actually, but felt like he would be copying Ronan Lynch from TRC to much. Simon has a bunny with little mole looking spots.
If you all started watching Inhuman Condition. It’s a web series about a psychatrist who treats supernatural beings, who are marginalised in this world’s society.
Why should you watch it?
where do i even start
“I’m sick of queer characters only in stories about being queer, how about queer characters battling supernatural beings?” i see you and I raise you WHAT ABOUT QUEER CHARACTERS BEING SUPERNATURAL BEINGS?
“I am bisexual” word-for-word this happened. This is real. A woman said it in this show. And later another character referred to her as a bisexual woman. God is real.
Torri Higginson no less. My little stargate-obsessed heart is dancing a happy dance.
QUEER DARK-SKINNED BLACK MAN.
None of that “whitest Hermione In England to represent racial struggles through magical blood status” bullshit. Queer dark-skinned black man who represents the struggles that black people and queer people experience, but through the lense of lycanthropy.
“werewolf is a slur” I’m so <3<3<3
TAMAR. God she has only been in one ep so far but I’m so excited about her. She has terrible anxiety and it’s portrayed so well and she’s also a woc!!!!
The zombie is being called the zombae by the youtube commenters
There’s only one (supposedly) cishet white man and he looks Shady.
The show itself is interesting as fuck, can’t wait for the next episode, Today I’ve watched the 8 eps that are out and I’m so freaking hooked.