Intimacy for Women of Color:
- Don’t just say ‘you’re beautiful,’ tell me exactly how society has been so brutal in recognizing my beauty because I don’t fit its Eurocentric standards.
- Don’t ever say that I am complaining, do you realize how my narrative has been silenced throughout history? Appreciate my rants.
- Don’t lay claim on me like I am a sexual conquest, climax through exploring my mind like Tupac did with Jada.
- If you care about me as a woman of color, then care about all women of color. You might have to rethink your friendships.
- Conversations about eternal promises are less meaningful than conversations about how we will fight alongside against patriarchy.
- You can not truly love what you do not understand, so understand my oppression first.