michael lee brown’s jared
i almost forgot to make this post but in case anyone wanted to actually hear it??? here’s some things i noticed abt michael’s jared that was different from will’s
- while will is very bluntly and obviously sarcastic, michael was almost sweet in the way he delivered his humor. it constantly felt like he was talking to a buddy, someone he genuinely cared about, and was making good, light-hearted jokes with them.
- on that note, the whole bit of “i only talk to you so my parents will pay for stuff” was extremely unconvincing as a serious statement. once again, it was more like he was being playful than sarcastic.
- when connor says “am i not laughing hard enough?” he was terrified. his line, “you’re such a freak” was delivered while afraid and almost in shock - like he didn’t expect connor to not get the joke (once again, going back to how playful everything he said was).
- every time he came on stage to have a conversation with evan, he literally jumped into view, extremely giddy. it was cute and got a lot of good laughs.
- the entire connor project seemed almost like a game to him. i don’t really know how to go into detail with this, it was just like… he was having fun with the whole thing. as if it wasn’t some serious, morbid situation.
- at evan’s betrayal, he got very, very, scarily aggressive. it wasn’t sad aggressive, it was just violent. during “good for you,” he looked ready to literally tear down the wall or stomp a hole in the ground. it really startled me. in a weird way, it reminded me of a child throwing a tantrum ??
in conclusion: this jared didn’t cope through heavy, blunt sarcasm, but through childish, giddy, playful jokes. when his jokes went wrong (connor’s aggressive response, evan abandoning him), he became extremely emotional over it. he didn’t seem as affected by the tragic things happening throughout the play, more like he was just having fun with the whole thing.
he was a massive sweetheart, on and off stage, and i love him very much