do you have any remus/sirius fic recs that are set pre-war, like when the marauders were at hogwarts? i love the pairing quite a bit but most of the war and post-war fics are too depressing for me to enjoy properly.
i am similarly delicate and have amassed a little collection of hogwarts fics that i can turn to when i don’t want to be fucking miserable
- the shoebox project obviously
- being an historical record… which i love so much i think i may legally marry and which includes my absolute favourite thing from any marauders fic ever:
“Hi!” Sirius said brightly, grinning down into Remus’s face. Remus tried to return the greeting, but he did have a Sirius on top of him in the way. “Hey, James, look what I caught!”
“I noticed.” James snorted, leaning on the doorway. “Bad dog. What are you going to do with it now that you’ve caught it, I ask you?”
“I,” Sirius announced, “am going to eat it.” James’s expression went through an amazing somersault of emotions, and settled on amused just before he did an about-face and marched back into the kitchen.
- pair which is very cute and hilarious
- the problem with eggnog which is overwhelming frankly
- redeeming time i love this one cos it’s from james’ pov and james is a bloody treasure
- slackened ties includes warm handies!!!! what a treat
i think that’s all i’ve got which is a) a shame because hogwarts era is probably my fave but is also b) not surprising because r/s fic is nothing if not a haven for masochists