There are many reasons and they all boil down to accessibility for everyone. It’s massively helpful for those of us who are disabled, and has the added benefit of being helpful for those who aren’t.
- Allows screen readers and verbal descriptions for the blind and visually impaired.
- Transcripts of videos that allow the deaf, hard of hearing, or those with audio processing problems to follow along by reading rather than or in conjunction with listening.
- Lets people know what the picture/screencap/video/gif is if it does not load or are on limited internet.
- Helps those with visual processing issues process the image.
- Gives autistics and people with problems reading facial expressions,emotions, and other non-verbal cues a helpful way to tell what’s going on in the picture/video/gif.
- Typed transcripts are often easier to read than screenshots (which are sometimes impossible to read).
- Audio transcripts are useful for people who can’t play sound from their device.
- Allows for blacklisting software to work more effectively. If an image description is included for a gif, picture, or screenshot then the words are already included in the body of the post and it is more likely to be screened by the software for people who need it.
On November 13, 1996, the first chapter of the manga series Inuyasha was published in Japan’s Shonen Sunday magazine. Thank you Rumiko Takahashi for giving us such a beautiful series and tons of characters that we adore! Inuyasha had a big impact on a lot of people’s childhoods and a lot of us are still obsessed with the series. Thank you ♥
Don’t be a turd. Tag your Mass Effect: Andromeda spoilers.
All right, it’s time for me to be a grumblebee!
The early access for ME:A starts on March 16, which means Tumblr is going to be flooded with gifs, squeeing, updates, new characters, and spoilers. I don’t want to harsh on anyone’s enjoyment of the new game, but please be considerate as you play, whether you get early access or not!
Not everyone will get to play right away, and not everyone plays at the same pace. Tagging your posts and putting major spoilers under a cut/read more will go a long way toward helping everyone enjoy the game!
Just tagging something as “spoilers” isn’t effective. Something like “mass effect: andromeda spoilers” is much more useful! For reference, here’s my blacklist in XKit:
I’ll be adding more as they crop up, but please, please, please be considerate of everyone else in the fandom, and tag your posts! No one likes being unwillingly spoiled, so please help everyone experience the game first-hand!
Thank you all, and may we all get through this last week intact and ready to smooch the love interest(s) of our choice! <3