To the anon talking about how hard it is to move out as an aroace: I definitely agree with you, in the current climate it's almost impossible to move out without moving in with a significant other, and even if you are willing to live with a roommate, platonic roommates are hard to find. Even my mom agreed that it's economically it's harder on aroaces that way. You're definitely no alone, and I hope things work out for you!
If anyone needs tips on moving out for the first time, here’s a few pointers from someone who’s lived alone for the past five years, with seven different roommates and four different apartments;
1) Finding strangers for new roommates isn’t the hard part. Finding an apartment/house is. You’ll have to look at multiple buildings and lots that fit everyone’s needs. Location, nearby transportation, rent price, pet allowed, on-site laundry, how many windows give in natural light, whether the shower gives off a good water pressure - there are many things that can be a dealbreaker.
2) You have less time than you think. There will be lulls in realtors and available lots depending in the season and the city, and when the business finally kicks off, things will be snatched up quick. If you find a decent apartment in a nice neighborhood, you might be third in line.
3) In many cases, it’s easier to find households who are looking for new roommates, rather than you start from scratch and do everything yourself.
4) You rarely become close friends with your roommates unless a) you’re friends in the first place, or b) you know they’re people you’d be friends with. Most of the time, everyone does their own thing, and you’re no more than amicable acquaintances.
One of the reasons I’m an anti-anti-shipper is because I used to be an anti-shipper.
But I wasn’t an anti-shipper because I wanted to “protect survivors.” I was an anti-shipper because I was petty.
I HATED Dirk/Jake from Homestuck. I shipped Dirk and Roxy and I thought Dirk/Jake would “get in the way” of Dirk/Roxy.
There weren’t a lot of anti-shippers at the time - it was 2014-2015. However, they existed, and when I found a blog that was dedicated to anti-Dirk/Jake, I was elated.
The reasoning behind the blog was that Dirk was abusive to Jake. And I latched onto that idea and used it to justify my hatred of Dirk/Jake. I had a reason to hate the ship beyond “it gets in the way of my ship!” I could rant about how much I hated Dirk/Jake and nobody would be allowed to question my motives, or else I would accuse them of being an abuse apologist.
Did I care about survivors? No.
I see anti-shippers say “I don’t hate (ship) because it gets in the way of my ship, I hate it because it’s pedophilic/abusive!” (I’ve seen this a lot in retaliation to people saying that anti-shippers hate Shiro/Keith because it gets in the way of Keith/Lance.)
And when I see anti-shippers say that, I laugh. Because that’s what I said. I know there have to be anti-shippers who believe they’re in the right, who believe that they’re protecting survivors, but I’m sure there’s a good number of them who are anti-ship because they’re petty and want to hide behind “caring about survivors.” I’m proof of that.
I highly suggest that 1DHQ watch tomorrow night’s, “48 Hours”. It’s about stalking celebrities and will feature the case of Christina Grimme. Just because someone looks harmless doesn’t mean they are. Sometimes, it starts out small but can quickly become a very dangerous thing. I see the same people meeting the 1D guys too often. I don’t care if you, 1DHQ, are paying them or not. YOU are allowing other potential stalkers to see how easy it could be to get close to Louis, Harry, Niall, Liam, and I’m sure even Zayn. Think about the message this sends. Think about what it would be like if we lost any of them to something that could be halted or stopped. Please. Please stop the stalkers and stalking culture.
Also to Boopsy, SmokingLouis, Jordyn, and Stalker Sarah, stop! You aren’t cool. You aren’t worshiped. You aren’t admired. It’s unfortunate that you feel like stalking is 100% okay. I am disappointed in you and disgusted by you.
You never got to sleep on the top bunk. It felt like you were the only kid who didn’t know how to ride a bike. Or swim. You weren’t allowed to play on the playground at recess. Rolladium parties were your worst nightmare. Including: Lazer Tag Paintball Rockclimbing. Basically anything physical or athletic. You never got to join sports/clubs with your friends. Kids were always wanting to play with your wheelchair/crutches/walker. Teachers tried to “force” kids to be friends with you. The worst was when they would make a scene about having to include you. It felt like you had a Para attached to you 24/7 Being stared at as you got a pass on something because of “disability perks” Having to take gym even though you just sat on the side the whole time. Even worse if they forced you to participate. (Disabled kid+Sports is rarely a good thing.) Especially when it’s them VS every abled kid. You always felt like you slowed people down or got in the way. But you hated being left out or feeling alone. Kids could be assholes. But then you grew up and realized adults are bigger assholes.
can you share what you normally eat in a day or blog your daily food intake because I really need a plan to follow off of cause I've lost so much motivation, thank u <3
Hey Hun! 💖
Ughhhh all these asks about food and recipes and stuff are reminding me that I need to make this list with all my low cal recipes!! I am getting to it I promise, I might start it tonight aha 💖
It varies depends on how many cals I’m allowing myself to have on that day etc. but on a good day I’d do this;
- drink a cold glass of water and do butterfly stretch.
- green tea
- if I have breakfast (which I usually don’t) I’ll have half a cup of oats with stevia.
- I usually skip lunch completely and when I’m not have a piece of low cal fruit that’s water based like cucumber or watermelon.
- two glasses of water
As soon as I get home: 🌸
- green tea
- 10 mins on treadmill and glass of water
- water whilst I do my homework
- I either have a low cal meal if I’m forced for dinner (I have many so I can’t say just one) or an apple or something.
- treadmill for 40 minutes + short workout and water
- cold bath (30 mins) and then green tea before bed. And a lot of the time a short before bed workout.
But that varies depends what diet I am doing and what things I have in the fridge/pantry. And everyone screws up at some stages so of course everyday isn’t like this but I try, and I have thought of starting a food log/blog but I feel like I wouldn’t be able to keep up with it, but if I do I will make a post about it and let y'all know.
Oh oh oh and I know this is a long answer but I’ll give you my main fear food list so maybe that’ll help a bit aswell!!
Fear Foods: 🍫
🍫soda (diet or not)
“Above everything else, genuinely love yourself first. Self-love is powerful and it’s the best love that you will ever have. When you love who YOU are, your relationships will be healthier and your life will be happier. Self-love sets the standard in how we allow others to treat us and how we treat ourselves. Your happiness and well-being is important. Protect it by always valuing who you are!” ― Stephanie Lahart
and actually while i'm here. top five books ever (nostalgia value counts)
hmmmm, very tough question, thank you! Actually putting my favourite books in an order is tricky!
1. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams -Short and punchy, surely the wittiest and most hilarious book ever written. Was incredibly influential on my sense of humour and writing style.
2. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie -I love Christie’s writing to death, and this is probably one of her cleverest, most atmospheric and best-constructed stories.
3. Seeing I by Kate Orman and Jonathan Blum -I think it’s absolutely brilliant how they pack three years of action and emotion into a couple of chapters.
4. Alien Bodies by Lawrence Miles -It really opened my eyes to how far-out and fantastic science fiction stories are allowed to be, almost every paragraph is fascinating.
5. Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett -An odd mix of puzzles, coincidences, art, architecture, history, and mystery that for some reason has stuck with me since I read it when I was very young.
Runners-up include The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne, The A.B.C. Murders by Agatha Christie, and The Mysterious Mr Quin by Agatha Christie again.
- Yooo do we get to see more what i assume were the ORIGINAL CHOSEN who were the other two…. i wanna know…. yo
- Koushirou is adorable and my son and i love him look at him overexplain oolong tea looK AT HIM PARRY MIMI’S STRANGE FOOD!? that whole 5 minutes was a ride (”I CAN FEED MYSELF” you just missed an opportunity my guy im just saying)
- no seriously my son is a fantastic boy and if i ever hear anyone try to say otherwise ever again im gonna bite their heads off i love my son.. i love every scene hes in… i love
- our One TaichixKoushirou Moment that only lasted 2 seconds but I’m gonna take it anyway since that’s how much we seem to be allowed to have every chapter since 1 had SO MUCH of it.
- Mimi being Kou’s wingman for Tentomon, totally took me back to the Centaurmon episode, that was a great parallel, i’m so happy.
- “Oh, [Taichi and Yamato] get along great!” “NO WE DONT”
- Taichi and Yamato fucking having a synchronized swimming dude moment underwater I fucking lost it that was so gay what the fuck
- Mimi loves girls and I love Mimi
- TENTOMON IS SWEET AND INNOCENT AND I LOVE HIM AND MY BIG BUG WAS BACK I WAS SO GLAD I HOLLERED
-Joe tackling Gennai like a motherfucker good on ya Joe
not a highlights of tri
- why the heck was piyomon even rude like ??? her personality was never like this to begin with i’m just appalled BIRDS ARE JERKS god
- what the fuck did they do to gennai! what the fuck happened to grandpa! TELL ME! IM SO DISTRESSED! STOP BEING CREEPY! DARKNESS DOESNT MEAN CREEPY! *THIS IS THE PROBLEMATIC THING* NOT MAGAZINE PINUPS *THIS GROSS MOTHERFUCKER RIGHT HERE*
- so maki’s not evil she’s just kind of dumb i mean yeah the motivation was from grief but were you really expecting… to be remembered… lmfao… anyway i feel kind of bad.
- i swear to god if meiko’s not ok im gonna fucking destroy the world before meicoomon gets to
Hi friends!! I’m a Loser™ and I hail from the GMT timezone, and I use he/they pronouns! I’ve used a few aliases in my time in the rpc mainly bc I can’t decide what I want to call myself and the jury’s still out on what I’ll be applying under but for now you can call me Jess/loser/trash monarch!
A GAME OF FAVORITES:
FACECLAIM: Okay wow um how many am I allowed for this section?? I’ll try for just a short list: Dichen Lachman, Arden Cho, Ricky Whittle, Luke Pasqualino, Eiza Gonzalez, Laverne Cox, Sebastian Stan, Dudley O’Shaughnessy, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Tina Desai, Aiysha Hart, Dominique Tipper, Diego Luna, David Castro, Naomie Harris, Freema Agyeman, Ezra Miller, Alfonso Herrera, Kiana Lede, Bex Taylor-Klaus, Alberto Rosende and I’ll stop there because wow that’s too many MUSE: *incoherent screeching* okay um here goes. I of course can’t not mention my bae Amycus Carrow (who possibly wins the top spot but only because I’ve been writing him for s o l o n g) but honourable mentions go to Sheridan Shafiq, Helena Bertinelli, Mundungus Fletcher, Hendrix Gaunt, Wesley Xiao, Chandra Nalaar, Victor Fries & Damien Wayne! CHARACTER: Lila Bard, the genderfluid representation we all need; Ronan Lynch, who reminds me every day that Hufflepuff traits can still be badarse; Adam Elvin, my political hero; Julie Mao, my encouragement to rebel against the norm; and Ianto Jones, my bisexual hero. LITERATURE/FILM: Okay so book-wise I’d have to say the Commonwealth Saga by Peter F. Hamilton, We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver, the Shades of Magic trilogy by V. E. Schwab, Battle Royale by Koushun Takami or maybe American Psycho by Brett Easton Ellis! As for films, I don’t really watch that many (as anyone who has tried to make a pop culture reference around me will know) but I’d say probably Dead Poets Society or Boy Meets Girl, or for a more light-hearted one maybe The Book of Life, Mulan or Bug’s Life!
TWO TRUTHS & A LIE:
I’ve memorised the alt code for the ™ symbol
I get paid to wear a lab coat
My cats are named after two of the rivers of the underworld in Greek mythology
THIS OR THAT:
Coffee or Tea? Pancakes or Waffles? Kittens or Puppies? Netflix or Hulu? Libraries or Museums?
I think I saw the promo on my dash when it was going around but @reyswritings convinced me to take a proper look and I think I’ve fallen in love tbh. As for skeletons, Cinis currently holds my heart but I’m also lowkey eyeing up Venatorum and I’m waiting for Aspectus and Aliquam to come out before I make my final decision!
if there’s one think I’m v happy about in 2016 it’s having discovered tfc, I never expected to fall so deep into those books and for the characters but i just.love them.so much. ♥♥♥ (They deserve the nicest christmas)