IWADAI HEADCANONS IM SO THIRSTY FOR CONTENT THEYRE SO RARE
RAREPAIR CONTENT COMING RIGHT UP
- You’d never hear this straight from Iwaizumi’s mouth, but he is just so pleased that he’s the slightest bit taller than Daichi, since he’s around tall people so much (the rest of the Seijou third years, even his kouhai Yahaba). The height difference is especially nice, because he can easily rest his forehead on the soft tuft of Daichi’s hair.
- Iwaizumi is the big spoon. Daichi had tried to insist on being the big spoon some nights, but he mostly stopped after hearing Iwaizumi’s reasoning. (“Whenever I have my arms around you, I just feel really… grounded, I suppose,” Iwaizumi had said. They both exploded. They’re not used to so much cheese.)
- Every night, one of Daichi’s last thoughts is how strong Iwaizumi’s arms are, ahem.
- They’re both so used to addressing each other formally that the first time Daichi calls Iwaizumi “Hajime”, Iwaizumi has to physically leave the room.
- The one time Daichi had decided to call Iwaizumi “Iwa-chan” as a joke (it was Suga’s idea), Oikawa couldn’t stop whining about “how mean Iwa-chan is, can’t take a joke”, rubbing his new bruise all the while.
- The rest of Seijou are a bit intimidated by Daichi, but they love him in the same way they respect and are awed by Iwaizumi. Even Kyoutani listens to what he has to say. (Oikawa is so indignant, it’s funny.) Karasuno adores Iwaizumi.
- Iwaizumi isn’t used to being gentle and affectionate (his best friend is Oikawa, come on), but he finds that he likes receiving affection. Daichi picks up on this really quickly and initiates most of their touch.
- Daichi isn’t used to giving affection either, but he thinks it’s worth it, to have Iwaizumi’s face blush red when Daichi leans up to kiss him; worth it, to have Iwaizumi kiss him back just as forcefully, or just as shyly.
- Daichi understands that he is the foundation on which his team members rely on, and he’s grateful to be that support for his team. But sometimes, as a captain who carries his team on his shoulders, he tends to find it taxing. Iwaizumi is his rock, and one of Daichi’s greatest comforts can be found in Iwaizumi’s embrace, at the end of a long day.