Assassin’s Creed Haystacks
Yields 3 dozen macaroons
The things you’ll needIngredients
- 3 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 14 ounces (1 bag) shredded sweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange
- Large mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Cookie scoop
- Baking sheet lined with parchment
- Pan spray
Let’s get started!
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, salt, zest and juice until frothy.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix in coconut.
- Use a cookie scoop to place dollops onto a lined and sprayed baking sheet. Form each dollop into a haystack shape.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until light golden brown.