THAT Wonder Woman script, part 3 of why do you hate us joss
PREVIOUSLY IN THIS SHITTY MOVIE:
Diana left her extremely heterosexual all-women island commune to take a gap year and discover herself! And also because a boy turned up and dazzled her with his moral superiority!
The pair arrived in a stereotypical war-torn African country, where Diana unhelpfully escalated a situation, got shot and was deeply offended that she took six whole hours to heal from a near-fatal bullet wound, while Joss tried unsuccessfully to insert his own gun politics into the story.
Then they went to America, where Diana was hilariously mistaken for a sex worker and shamed for her revealing clothing!
We also met our villain! Well, villains, because why have one quality bad guy when you can have about six bargain bin ones. Roll call!
- whosit the stereotypical African warlord; he’s out of the picture
- whatshisface the stereotypical gangster, who’s about to get condescendingly lectured at
- Discount Veronica Cale, an embarrassing caricature who runs Evil Incorporated, which secretly fuels war and panic and inequality all over the globe because fear is tasty etc.
- Strife, a Greek goddess who Whedon has retooled into a male demigod for no reason I can see
- The Khimaera, which is either a mythical creature or an industrial-sized drill or possibly a combination of both, it really hasn’t been adequately explained
- Ares, the evil behind the curtain
no, I know, I’m shocked the studio passed on this kind of quality material, too.