Do you have any tips for artists opening commissions for the first time?
- To price yourself, go through the commissions tag and see how other artists price their stuff. Try to find how much your skill is worth.
- Keep them simple. It’s not that necessary to have all “sketch, lineart, flat color, shading, painted, headshot, half body, full body, etc.” options. Keep it to just a few.
- Put all your options, art examples, notes, contact info, etc. into images. Keep explanations short. Try not to write too much in the caption, people tend to not read them.
- NEVER NEVER NEVER write out the info even if you have good handwriting, it could be difficult for some people to read. Use the type tool, type that shit out. Use an easy to read font.
- If your art blog is new or you haven’t posted much, it’s best to draw a lot and post a lot first. Even though you’ve put examples in the commission info, some people might wanna check your stuff out before commissioning.
Hope this helps!