for the question thingy: hunky hunk? ~soft-pidge
- How I feel about this character: can words even describe? i love hunk a ton (obviously), and i also relate to him a lot. i also love how he’s a complex character, with good and bad traits, who’s also fat, which is unfortunately not something you see a ton of
- All the people I ship romantically with this character: alskdnf who don’t i ship with hunk? but my Biggest pairings are: hance, shunk, sheithunk, and hunllura
- My non-romantic OTP for this character: pidge and hunk. while i can certainly see the romantic appeal, i see them more as friends.
- My unpopular opinion about this character: Not Your Soft Boi tm. it annoys me how a lot of fandom seems to lean really hard towards either infantalizing hunk or acting like he’s the sweetest, kindest, best person ever, which…. have we been watching the same show? i mean, come one, just in the first episode i can name several things hunk did that kinda annoyed me, including wanting to leave shiro strapped to a table against his will and reading pidge’s diary/going through her things. hunk is also suspicious, has an issue with black and white morality, and has trouble feeling empathy towards people he doesn’t have a connection with–case and point, he didn’t start wanting to save the balmerrans until after he connected with shay and her struggles. and like, i love hunk’s flaws!! i relate to some of these flaws, while others annoy me cause they’re things i don’t like. but he’s not just some Soft, Sweet Boi uwu. like. can we stop?
- One thing I wish would happen / had happened with this character in canon: No More Fat/Food Jokes. also, what’s hunk’s back story and his motivations for fighting??? we have keith’s family history, shiro was a prisoner and has obvious reason to have beef with the galra, pidge is looking for her family, lance wants to protect earth and then go home, but what’s hunk’s motivation?? what’s his inner turmoil and story? i want something more than “hunk learns to be brave”
- my OTP: mmmmmmmmm probably hance, if push came to shove
- my cross over ship: i don’t really do crossovers?
- a headcanon fact: i love the headcanon that hunk has two moms! i like to think that one of them was in some branch in the military, which is how hunk ended up at the garrison instead of some advanced engineering college. his mom’s a very worried about him and are likely raising hell at the garrison. i also like to headcanon that he has a way younger sister^^