1) Smile at strangers. Because the world is tough enough without holding back such a simple kindness.
And so what if they don’t smile back? A smile is a gift to both the giver and the receiver.
2) Exhale compliments like carbon dioxide. You’re carrying a mouth full of bandages if you’d only say something.
3) School is important. But not more important than your mental health.
4) Your goals are attainable. Everyone who ever did; first believed that they could. So believe. Every expert was once a novice. So practice.
5) Be honest.
6) Don’t take your friends for granted. Take them to the movies instead. Hold them tighter. Remember that it might be the last time.
7)Living is not about competing with everyone else. I know it feels like a race but the only record you need to beat is your own. Be better than you were yesterday.
8)Your success doesn’t mean another person’s failure. You won’t get happiness by taking it away from someone else.
9)You are worthy. You are good. You are loved. Don’t ever forget it. Write it down before breakfast. Sing it in the shower. Feel it in your bones like marrow; in your skin like pins and needles; in your heart like a first love.
10) The count down is silent but you’re still running out of time. Do the things you’ve been thinking about.
11) I know that fear of success can be even more paralysing than fear of failure. What if you achieve all your goals? What if your dreams really do come true? But you won’t find the answer by asking the question.
12) Things will not always work out how you hoped. Be flexible. When the hurricane comes remember that the tree that does not bend; will break.
13) Buy yourself flowers. You are all the reason you need.
14) Be kind to your body. Drink more water. Take a nap. Dance. Don’t just live; feel alive.
15) Applaud yourself. You did good. You’ll do better. The possibilities are endless.
16) Be patient. Most of the things that take time are worth waiting for.
17) You can change whenever you want to. This is your story. So turn to a fresh page. Write yourself over. Call it a plot twist. Don’t let anyone tell you how it ends.
— 17 things I need you to remember this year by Ceres @mentamorphisis