So I found out today that I didn’t get the assistant manager position I applied for. I was talking to my own manager this evening after work and she told me on the low who got it. All I could do was laugh because the person they chose can talk a good game, but in terms of work and handling a position of that magnitude, she is gonna be out of her depth.
My manager had told me that I needed to work on my people skills and I agree, but this girl……? She is like …….very combative sometimes… Wow well it’s gonna be interesting to see how she does.
My other coworkers were pretty bitter about not getting it, but I never in a million years thought I’d ever apply for something like that, so I’m grateful for the opportunity.
I don’t feel discouraged though. I think that this probably wasn’t the door for me to walk through and something else is coming that’s tailor made for me.
I love BNHA a lot in general but one of my highest praises is for how they handle Bakugou.
Like, the “cool, angry, top-of-his-game rival character who hates the protagonist” is dime-a-dozen in shonen series. That’s who Bakugou is. And its real common to toss a set of rose-tinted glasses on every other character so they all see Rival Guy as cool and amazing and admirable. That way the protagonist has to work extra hard to beat his rival AND prove himself to everyone else, who all just blindly adore Rival Guy.
And BNHA…doesn’t do that. BNHA lets everyone understand that Bakugou is an asshole. He’s strong. He’s talented. He’s a force of nature. The other kids know this, but theyre not blinded by it. They understand he’s unfairly cruel to Deku. They know his ego is a problem. They’re not scared of him or dazzled by him. They take notice when he’s being a problem. They call him out. They tease him.
There’s the bus scene in early season 1 where Deku’s cowering in shock because Good god, these kids have the nerve to mock Bakugou. Because the kids in Deku and Bakugou’s old school were a lot more like the typical shonen characters. They let Bakugou get away with his awfulness because he was Bakugou. The UA kids are a different cut though. They don’t care Bakugou was #1 in the exam. They don’t care that he’s Bakugou.
And heck, half of Bakugo’s character arcs involve him hopping from one angry existential crisis to another, because he’s not always the best, because he can’t win everyone over to his side with confidence, because he can’t accomplish every single thing his inflated ego says he should be accomplishing. The audience witnesses him meet resistance and hardship and consequence for being an egotistical, hot-headed bully. He faces real-world honest consequences for being that kind of terrible person.
Bakugo hasn’t had one definite character-redeeming moment–no “oh you talked sense into me and now im Good™ “. But as the manga goes on, he’s become less volatile, less cocky, less eager to harass Deku. He still is an asshole, but he’s changed. I have a lot of respect for how it’s been handled. Slowly, progressively. His ego has been chiseled down by personal failures, by witnessing how his cocky confidence does harm to himself and others.
I love that BNHA doesn’t let the cool, powerful, rival character just have his way. I love that BNHA doesnt just whack Bakugo with a single character-redemption arc and pull him through the other side. I love that BNHA shows us what things are whittling down Bakugo, that they take a metaphorical spray bottle to him again and again, pushing him into something less cruel than he was.
A Handful of Questions to Ask Yourself While Creating a Character
Compelling characters make compelling stories. Here’s a bunch of questions you can ask yourself while developing a character.
1) What does your character want from life? What is their motivation? What drives them? Most people want things - it could be as small as wanting a sandwich, or something huge like wanting to change the world. Does your character want something? Does your character dream? What about? And if they don’t, why don’t they?
2) Is your character shy? Outgoing? Insecure? Proud? Why are they the way they are? My favourite example of this question answered well is Ron Weasley from Harry Potter. He’s insecure because he doesn’t come from a wealthy family, has a bunch of older brothers who are all amazing in some form or way, his mother always wanted a daughter, Ginny, and so he doesn’t feel as wanted. Also, one of his best friends is the Chosen One, and the other is the brightest witch of her age - a cocktail that would make anyone doubt themselves.
3) What kind of clothes does your character wear? Why? The way you dress says a lot about who you are. For instance, If a character wears designer clothes and the latest fashions, it shows that they have the means to keep up with the trends. However if they wear a medley of things bought second-hand, or buy cheap stuff from supermarkets, they might not have the money to spare on outfits, or maybe they just don’t care about fashion.
4) How does your character speak? Speech patterns have origins. An accent, language, a dialect, all signify geography, social class, personality. It could be as simple as cussing too much. But be sure you know why your character speaks the way they do. And if it’s not a speech pattern you’re familiar with, do your research!
5) Likes and dislikes I sometimes give characters specific likes (”I like tomatoes”) or specific dislikes (”I dislike eggs”), simply because it humanises them. You don’t have to do this, or be as specific as that, if it doesn’t serve your story. But it’s definitely something you can consider. Everyone has those little things they love and hate, and you can go places with them. (”I hate eggs because my childhood bully threw an egg at me and scarred me for life.”) Be creative and have fun with it.
6) Who does your character love? Romantic attraction isn’t necessary to create a wholesome character. Nevertheless, if they are in love with someone, be sure to understand why they love someone. Love is at its best, a complicated emotion difficult to break down, but a relationship has to be believable. As a reader, I need to be able to look at a couple and think, yeah, I can see what their love is built on.
7) What would their favourite songs be? This is not so much a question as it is a trick I use to get a better feel for who my character is. No matter what time period your story is set in, you can use this to understand your character better. Take your playlist and pick what songs they would enjoy. It says a lot about who they are. For instance, one of my characters would enjoy Western classical music and nothing else. Another character listens to the worst kind of pop and loves it.
8) How does your character react under stress? Can they cope with it? Do they get tense? Angry? Teary? Why? Why not? How a person deals with stress is a vital part of their personality. Decisions taken under stress can be the worst you’ve ever made, or (depending on how you handle stress), can be effective solutions to problems. The way a person reacts to stress often has a lot to do with their background and upbringing. Example (this is a generalisation, of course): someone who comes from a difficult family background may have more extreme reactions to stress than someone who is well-adjusted and comes from a happy family.
9) What does your character do when they’re alone? You’re often a different person alone than when you are with other people. The pretences and false faces come away, and all the little thoughts you usually ignore now have time to play in the open. Who is your character when they’re alone? What do they do? What do they think about? Why do they think about/do things in that way?
10) Where does your character fail? Characters must have flaws to be compelling. Nobody is perfect, and your character shouldn’t be either. Whether its insecurity or anger, or a lack of initiative, or smaller things like not being a good artist, or not being the best at sports–we all have personal failings and we all have things we aren’t good at. Consider: where does your character mess up?
I hope this helps! Remember to have fun. Developing characters can be the most exciting thing. Keep an open mind while working. Happy writing!
Summary: After a patient urgently pleads you to go and help a friend of his, you naively agree to it. Little did you know, that you would get more than what you agreed to, when he leads you to a brothel, to help a dangerous prostitute named Jeon Jungkook.
Pairing: Jungkook x Reader (ft. Jin, but not romantically)
Genre: Smut (M), angst, mafia!au, prostitution!au
Word Count: 5,468
A/N: This is a dark and filthy story! Graphic descriptions of sex (masturbating, etc), heavy dom/sub undertones, drug use, vulgar language use……(alot of smut comes in later) This is a mature read! You have been warned!
Your mother told you that there
was a purpose for what everyone does. That there is always a reason for
someone’s actions; whether it was bad or good. If it was a good action, the
individual has learned the most rewarding path to handle situations; regardless
if it was easy or not. If it was a bad action, the person could reflect on it,
and with guidance, they will learn the right way toward dealing with obstacles.
And to this day, that is how you viewed life. If you handled something well,
you would be rewarded in the future, if you handled it poorly, you would need
to reflect on why you did such a thing, till you find the right path. With
these beliefs, you always wanted to find the ‘purpose’ of an individual’s
actions, and help them find the right way. So that’s how you ended up working
at a rehab centre; helping mentally to find the root cause of someone’s poor
actions, and leading them to a better future.
You think you’re doing fine. You go along with your life as if it didn’t matter. As if it didn’t hurt. Then suddenly, out of the blue, it hits you like tsunami waves, crashing mercilessly. Over and over again. Your eyes are dry but your heart is in pain. It’s crushing and breaking and tearing all at the same time. You miss that person. You miss that person for how they made you feel. For all memories, good and bad, they gave you. For the worry and the anger and the love and the care. You ponder for a second. You wonder if you truly miss that person, or if it’s just the loneliness speaking. Is it because you’re doing nothing now, talking to nobody that you miss that person? Or have you been missing them all along, it’s just taken you this long to acknowledge that? You’d like to think that it’s the latter but, really, it’s both. You’re constantly missing that person subconsciously. The loneliness only magnifies the longing. Everyday you’re fighting that loneliness. You try to overcome the sorrow it brings, but today just isn’t one of those days. Instead of wallowing, you look on the bright side. You remember the good that that person gave you. You realise that, although that person hurt you, you’re still grateful. That person made you realise things you didn’t know about yourself. How, when you love, you become a pushover. You’d do anything so as not to compromise what you both have. And you shouldn’t be like that. Not all the time. It’s alright to give in sometimes, but don’t make it a habit. You’re making yourself vulnerable. You learn that putting what you want first, isn’t always a bad thing. That if that person truly loved you, they wouldn’t put themselves in a position to lose you. Then, after all the thinking and wondering, your heart is kind of at peace…for now. Being able to release all this emotion, will greatly lift the burden in your heart. You’ll feel lighter. But it would be foolish for you to believe that it won’t come back. The heart is a fickle and finicky thing. But when it does come back, you’ll know how to handle it. You’ve done this before. Just remember what you’ve given and remember that loving yourself first is more important. Value yourself in the way that that person wasn’t able to do. Take a deep breath. Smile. You’re good to go. You got this.
unpopular opinion: there’s no way we can get a great garnet episode at this point
aka why i can understand why garnet stopped having episodes dedicated to her.
this isnt to justify the lack of episodes dedicated to her, but rather my anger and frustrations with the crewniverse for repeatedly stunting any development for her and turning her into a really bland and overly forgiving mom character
she was awkward, she would turn violent if you pushed her hard enough, she over estimates steven, she can lose focus easily, her stoic persona made her come off as uncaring and intimidating
after jailbreak, keeping it together and cry for help you would think garnet would face new conflicts such as trust issues, dealing with PTSD, coping with horrific imagery, letting things go, etc
but no. we never get any of that. we’re not ALLOWED to get any of that. instead all that emotion and turmoil is given to ruby and sapphire. really godbless these characters, i still love them to death and despite some of my issues with keystone motel, its still a really solid and enjoyable ep. But this arc was supposed to be about garnet being hurt. pearl was jealous of garnet and pearl hurt garnet. when pearl was insulting sugilite no one went “how rude of pearl to insult amethyst and garnet”. We all understood that sugilite was a separate identity who made her own decisions and garnet and amethyst weren’t influencing it.
even when ruby and sapphire were angry about how they were hurt, RUBY was in the wrong because she didnt want to forgive pearl right away and sapphire told her that forgiving pearl was the right thing. ignoring the fact that that was a terrible message to send, that you need to just forgive people who hurt you right away just because they’re close friends, we never get a chance to see garnet vent and show her anger. even in Friend Ship, it ended with garnet playing the life coach for pearl DESPITE pearl not giving a proper apology and instead making bad excuses and using guilt tripping tactics (”im not strong enough” “im just useless”). its like the tumblr equivalent of someone going “i know i did something bad i get it im trash i deserve to die”. But garnet can’t shut that down can she? garnet cant receive a good apology can she? no she has to sit down and stroke Pearl’s ego for a goddamn minute.
garnet cant express her feelings because that’s wrong and bad! pearl can scream at a child and smack a wall simply because he tried to be supportive but garnet cant be mad. garnet’s not allowed to express her feelings. Friend Ship and Cry For Help made me realize something awful.
when garnet’s mad its not sympathetic, it’s scary.
back in season 1 I forgave it since garnet was an imposing figure. she’s weird and mysterious. when she was mad it was over things like accidentally getting her glasses knocked off and ronaldo kidnapping steven. you could laugh at the situation with her and not really take her anger seriously enough
so you would think given the circumstances, the writers would understand that we should sympathize with garnet since she was violated. which isnt at all funny and nearly made her defuse.
But you’re not supposed to empathize with garnet. you’re not supposed to relate to her. You’re not supposed to go “poor garnet thats so messed up”. you’re instead supposed to react like “Yeah that was messed up but WHY is she mad at pearl :(”
amethyst complains about the house being awkward and taking neither sides despite it clearly being something that she should be supporting garnet in. steven doesnt support garnet either. when pearl snapped at steven in Rose’s Scabbard, steven chases after her and spends some time with her to lift her mood. But steven didn’t care to do anything for garnet. Steven didn’t invite her to come to the motel. Steven didn’t take the time to talk to her. and Steven didn’t make any attempt to relate to her.
and yet guess who did get the good ol’ “get coddled like a baby” treatment.
pearl. someone who was the cause of all this drama. who not only violated a friend several times, but delayed their mission and risked endangering everyone for the sake of feeling good about herself. but ofc the writer’s woobie fave could never do anything wrong :(
an entire arc that should’ve been meant to flesh out both garnet and pearl ended up shelving garnet and treating pearl like the victim in all of this. that SHE’S the one who needs help.
a black woman who sang a song about the importance of love and fusion, who nearly fell apart when she saw forced fusions, is not the victim in this. the Cry For Help was about pearl. garnet needed to drop all her feelings for pearl.
And afterwards it just went downhill from there. its like the show completely gave up on garnet.
more focus and screen time was given to ruby and sapphire, who again i love, but get more development than garnet.
and finally we reach “Log Date 7 15 2″ or as i like to call it “the rise of magical negro garnet”
Peridot’s comments don’t piss off Garnet. You don’t see her get visibly angry. She barely musters a response except for mildly bored look. I wasn’t asking for “garnet beats up peridot for being a homophobe”, but I know very well that garnet would not be the type to just allow Peridot to spend several days making off color comments. Garnet looks bored to mildly pleased.
You could call this character development except… not really? Garnet smiling more does not equal Garnet being way more tolerant of disrespectful behavior. But since this was an arc for peridot i forgave it a bit.
But then came episodes like Gem Harvest where Garnet would seriously be the last person to just shut up and tolerate Andy’s disrespectful behavior. And in Mindful Education we see garnet using ruby and sapphire to express how they handle trauma rather than Garnet using her own emotions.
Garnet isn’t flawed anymore. Garnet doesn’t make awkward comments or act in ways that are oddly violent. She’s not brash or passionate. She’s just there to offer advice.
Finally there’s Room For Ruby, an episode that made me sit and go “there is no way in hell this is the same garnet before”
garnet was already cautious with Steven trying to train a corrupted gem, why would she not even moniter him teaching Navy about earth (i know they think she’s dumb but she’s not an animal and there’s a reason why the diamonds sent out those rubies)
garnet saw a future where navy did not care about being a crystal gem and did nothing. excuse me? Garnet says herself her future vision works like a river with various streams connecting to it, and relies on the future thats most common (she when she jumped in front of a spilled coffee pot to protect steven). garnet even understood at the end of the episode that bad futures are possible and risky, and if they’re most common she needs needs to act on it. why on earth would garnet see a future where navy takes the ship and leave and not do anything about it
she was waaaaay too laxed about steven failing to stop navy. remember when she said she was terrified of Blue Diamond? Or when she smashed a warp pad just for seeing peridot show up?
garnet’s cool with everything now. she doesnt care. she became the most assertive member of the team to the most passive. she’s easy to convince and push. she lacks any depth outside of “quiet mom who smiles sometimes”.
i cant believe im saying this but i honestly thing the crew fucked with her personality harder than lapis. because at least in lapis’s case, there was no concrete identity for her.
but there was one for garnet, one we all loved.
awkward, funny, quirky, sensitive and assertive garnet.
the writers could have developed it more and jailbreak made me believe we were going to see more of her. but instead the writers decided decided “Garnet with layered personalities is a bit too much for us. so we gotta simplify her. make her the walking shoulder to cry on. the friend that enables everything you do, she just loves steven and thats all that matters.”
and that’s all garnet is now. she’s almost like peridot. happy go lucky, overly forgiving and a shell of her former self.
1. Date a boy who makes you happy, but marry him only if he makes you laugh deep-belly rumbles that hurt your ribs as they expand outwards. Date him when he sees that you’re hurting and he gives you a moment to feel that pain like a handprint spreading across your consciousness, marry him only if he can make you smile even while you’re gross sobbing. The world is not a kind place. You will feel a lot of pain. Make sure you are with someone who makes it all bearable. Humor is an excellent gauge of intelligence. Life gets boring. Find someone who makes the banal interesting.
2. Make sure he has scars on the back of his hands, it’s a good sign he has experience either fighting or making things - creation is an act of selflessness and bruised knuckles are a good sign he knows how to defend himself. You’ve got too much soul to be handled by someone who has never been passionate. If he’s never thrown a punch, let him at least have tasted the insanity of bringing an idea into existence. Rough palms are better than soft ones, they have been salted by this earth and made into leather. Callouses are evidence he has lived, that he has broken skin and been in pain over and over and over again and still came back to the source of it. People rub against each other. Don’t marry him if he can’t handle even a little blister.
3. Before you say yes, get him angry. See him scared, see him wanting, see him sick. Stress changes a person. Find out if he drinks and if he does, get him drunk - you’ll learn more about his sober thoughts. Discover his addictions. See if he puts you in front of them. You can’t change people, baby girl. If they are made one way, it doesn’t just wear off. If you hate how he acts when he’s out of it now, you’re going to hate it much worse eight years down the road. You might love him to bits but it doesn’t change that some people just don’t fit.
4. Trust your instincts. If he ever makes you feel unsafe, don’t make excuses, just get up and leave. That’s all there is to it. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
5. If he puts money before you, he’ll keep pushing you to the bottom of the pile until you become his last priority. It’s one thing if he can’t afford what you want, it’s another if he has the cash but won’t spring for a box of chicken mcnuggets. Money and love are arch enemies. 62% of divorces occur due to economic strain. Make sure keeping you is more important than his 401k.
6. How a man treats animals is a good indicator of how he treats children. If you see him raise a hand to a dog, pack your things into a little black bag. Animals at their worst are only half as annoying as a toddler on their best behaviour. Your kids will be beautiful, but they will also misbehave. Same goes for waiters and hotel maids - if he’s rude to those who are working for minimum wage, it says a lot about how he sees himself. Patience is rare and so important. If he’s not forgiving to a dog, he’s not good for your kids.
7. If he isn’t in awe of you, he doesn’t deserve you. You are my little girl and you were born perfect. If he can’t see that, it’s his loss. There is someone who thinks your flaws power his heart. Be strong. If he asks you to change, be like like rock of your birthstone, do not waver. You are wondrous just the way that you are.
My father’s recipe for the man I should marry (part 1/2 of a series). /// r.i.d
Hi there! If you’re here, that means you most likely don’t know how to read tea leaves, or perhaps you could use some more tips? Regardless, you’ll find all of that here! This guide will be pretty all-encompassing, so bear with me!
What is tea leaf reading?
Tasseography, better known as reading tea leaves, is the process of divination using tea leaves. When done properly, the tea leaves will show an image (even if vague) that will symbolize the answer to a question the reader asked. The image can tell the future or just give advice; depending on the question.
How does one read tea leaves?
This is definitely a more involved question, but here’s how I do it; step by step.
1. First, brew your cup of tea. It can be any flavor. But if you are reading for someone else, you may want to let them choose the flavor (I like to do this). However, if you can’t choose a flavor, black tea is pretty standard as the dark color of the tea makes it easier to read.
2. Now, drink your tea. If it is a loose leaf tea, try to drink as little of the leaves as possible. If it is a bag, leave the bag steeping in there and drink. Don’t drink it all, though, leave a little liquid in (not very much at all.)
3. At this point, if you used a tea bag, you’re going to want to open the bag and let the leaves pour into the little amount of liquid there is left.
4. Now, at this point I like to rotate the cup clockwise three times. You can rotate it any direction and as many times you want. You don’t even have to rotate it at all if you don’t want to.
5. Now, you’re going to place a saucer or plate over the top of the cup. Tip the cup over so that most of the liquid and leaves spill onto the plate/saucer.
6. Now, you will see some leaves left in the cup. These should make an image. Although it may be abstract, it’ll be there, even though it might take a while for you to see it.
7. Now it’s time for you to interpret your image. You can either look up the symbology of the image you saw or do your own interpretation based on your own personal associations.
8. Now focus on where the image is. Is it at the top, bottom, left, right, right by the handle? The placement shows what time the interpretation will happen. I will attach an infographic to give a better idea of what I’m talking about here.
And there you have it!! This is how I do my tea leaf readings. It does take some practice, but once you get a hang of it, you’ll only get better.
::: The moon is a powerful part of me and I resonate deeply with her. She rules my ascendant, has rulership over my sun sign, and aspects all of my planets from her own residence in the 4th house. She pulsates through me, I understand her burden. And so, I also understand how to reason with her :::
Moon-Sun contacts 🌟 Finding healing, passageway and assurance of emotions through creative self-expression. Consciously remind yourself it is your birthright to present your identity through what you feel. Follow your intuition as to genuinely experience the vibrancies around you.
Moon-Mercury contacts 💬 Stimulate your cerebral centers with all forms of literature, media, amusing entertainment, and communicative exchange that cultivate the mind. Vent verbally to yourself or a journal. You are so concerned with getting other people to listen to you, but maybe for once you should listen to yourself.
Moon-Venus Contacts 💕 Reconcile the loving attitude you have towards yourself and how you feel about yourself; unite them as to birth self-love. Access your aesthetic awareness and pleasure yourself through artistic expression, listening to your favorite music, and appreciating the comforts and sentiments in life. Satisfy your social urges by interacting with people you’re affectionate about, or if not socially inclined, regenerate yourself and indulge in sweet solitude.
Moon-Mars Contacts 🔥 Access your fighting spirit & express your emotional storms; it is therapeutic to release anger, yell and cry tears of frustration. Physical activity revitalizes soul wounds, take a walk or stretch every now and then. Interact with your passions. Consciously confront your inner war and strife. If sexually inclined, engage in sexual activity even if its with yourself; feed your desires and aggressive urges as to clear up pent-up irritability.
Moon-Jupiter Contacts 💫 Find hope, light and optimism in the midst of despair. Adventurous daydreams, big teary thunder laughs, and imaginative storytelling are medicinal, making life experiences more vibrant and lively. Indulge in Jupiter dreams; relax, eat your favorite meal and sit outdoors in nature’s breeze when the weather is nice. Access higher consciousness from literature & learning something new. Open your higher mind and critically question facets of your life as to find enlightenment and wisdom through discovery.
Moon-Saturn Contacts ⌛ Contemplate heavily on what is worrying you. This is to discover the roots of your qualms as to resolve them; you will find that they all derive from your own irrational fears and insecurities. Structure yourself by performing small physical tasks as to prevent lethargy and mindlessness, where at the end of the day you could take pride in yourself for completing them. Start small, and work your way up; specks of wisdom, dignity and growth are found through even the smallest of personal achievements.
Emotional mastery does not come from suppression of emotion from which you disguise as “control of emotions.” Contrarily, suppression of emotion originates from fear of facing them, therefore it is fear that controls you. emotional proficiency comes from conscious addressment and evaluation–emotions shouldn’t have authority over you, it’s supposed to be the other way around; have sovereignty over what you feel. “This is how I am feeling, and this is how I will handle it.” tell it to yourself straight, cowardice is not the way of Saturn
Moon-Uranus Contacts ⚡️ Color emotional upsets with humor and face them with healthy, collected objectivity. Embrace change and access your individualistic spirit, birthing bright, original concepts and unusual inspiration for yourself. Access cosmic consciousness and keen intuition by involving yourself with the world, such as communities and friends you affiliate with, whether it be online (Uranus rules technology) or off (Uranus rules any group, society&community-all facets of the collective).
Moon-Neptune Contacts 💦 Daydreaming and sleeping to settle sorrows and unexplained psychic pains. Losing yourself to meditation and other spiritual, artistic and musical journeys. Avoid feeling the harmful vibrations of others for awhile and to get in tuned with your own vibes & emotions through healthy isolation.
Moon-Pluto Contacts 🔮Find comfort in loneliness and give yourself plenty of private time as to evaluate and expel emotional disturbances and self-destructive tendencies. Listen to your psychic sense and consciously access your fears, utilize your inner psychologist. Interest yourself in mystical and esoteric studies.
Send a symbol and I’ll answer the question about my muse. (Or answer in character. Whatever works for you!)
⛔️ - How does your muse react to others breaking the law? If they would do it themselves, what is their reasoning? 🚑 - If your muse was the only person around and someone was injured, would they help? Would they have the experience needed? 💸 - What does your muse think of wealthy people? Do they resent them, or do they believe they earned what they have? 🆘 - What does your muse think of poor people? Do they think they’re a waste of space, or do they want to help them? 📩 - Does your muse prefer to physically write letters or send them online? What is their reasoning? 📢 - Does your muse have a loud personality or a quiet one? Do they enjoy being the center of attention, or would they rather watch and listen? 📊 - How does your muse feel about the state of the world? Could it be better? Could it be worse? 👨 - What is your muse’s relationship like with their father? Is it good, bad, or complicated? 👩 - What is your muse’s relationship like with their mother? Is it good, bad, or complicated? 👧 - What is your muse’s relationship like with their siblings? Who do they get along with best? 👶 - If they have any, what is your muse’s relationship like with their children? Do they feel like they’re a good parent? 👻 - Does your muse believe in an afterlife? What do they think it’s like? ⏰ - Does your muse feel like they need to do things quickly or do they take their time? ⌛️ - How often does your muse think about death? Do they think about it at all? 🔗 - What are your muse’s standards for meaningful relationships? How quickly do they form relationships like these? 🚹 - How would your muse react to losing their father? How would they cope? 🚺 - How would your muse react to losing their mother? How would they cope? 🚼 - How would your muse react to losing a child? How would they cope? 💧 - How would your muse react to losing a best friend? How would they cope? 💔 - How would your muse react to losing a romantic partner? How would they cope? 🐜 - How does your muse feel about animal lives? Do they treat them the same way they’d treat a person, or do they feel they’re inferior? 🌎 - Does your muse want to change the world? How would they go about it? 🎭 - How does your muse handle their emotions? Do they bottle them up or pour them out as soon as they start to feel? 💋 - How does your muse feel about people who cheat? Do they see a reason for it, or is it completely immoral? 🌠 - Would your muse make a wish on a star? If so, what would they wish for? 🎁 - Does your muse celebrate their birthday? If yes, how do they celebrate? If no, why not? 🍟 - How does your muse feel about their body? Would they change it if they could? 💅 - How does your muse feel about gender roles? Do they conform to them, or do they play by their own rules? 🌺 - Does your muse have a favorite flower? Why do they like it?
In my last year of school we had to write a character analysis and I decided to write about Sansa Stark. My teacher (who was only a couple of years older than me) was a huge asoiaf fan and he got really excited about it, but I remember him frowning and saying in a perplexed voice, “How can Sansa Stark be your favourite character?”
I looked at him with the same confusion mirrored in my own eyes and replied: “Because she is strong.” That was the first time I realised how hated Sansa was and it really infuriated me and so I decided to show him in my essay why she is my favourite character and honestly I think he got it because I did end up getting a good grade.
The analyse focused on book Sansa but this will focus on show Sansa,and it will probably be a bit of a read.
This here is the very moment I began to like Sansa. This is where she looses her innocence and where her character growth begins. This is when she goes from being a child to a young woman. This is where she wants to kill her Prince Charming and she would have if the Hound had not stopped her. This is also a part many viewers seem to overlook, deciding to still view Sansa as a stupid little girl and that is the problem with those who dislike Sansa, they refuse to acknowledge her growth.
listen, i’m gonna be honest here, on a flawed and strictly personal level: if the events of the mcu were happening in our world, i would be fucking Terrified of the avengers
as a civilian in the mcu i wouldn’t have access to a ton of info about Bucky Barnes’ Super Tragic Life Situation? i would just know about the apocalyptic shit that happened in sokovia and i’d be seeing news stories about the avengers just Showing Up in countries they had no right to be in, causing damage, and leaving patting themselves on the back. i get upset hearing about local police misconduct. i wouldn’t be chill in this situation
this straight white 25-30 year old american dude from the 40s marching around the globe with a group of superpowered vigilantes (some ex-military, some enhanced with dangerous superpowers, all heavily armed with nearly unlimited resources) fighting people, possibly without working with local law enforcement or emergency services, without being held responsible by any higher-ups because the secret government organization he was working for turned out to be hydra so he burned that to the ground (making more apocalyptic-looking shit happen in the states) and then decided that he should still get to do that job anywhere he chooses without any systems of accountability or communication with the public in place (short of an eccentric billionaire with a shaky reputation making some statements to the press)
like. would i be on tumblr and twitter and facebook seeing people asking for a donation to their kickstarter to fix their car or their house or pay hospital bills or something because of the events of the avengers, and catws, and aou, and cacw,,,, like would the avengers be paying for that? they’re not working for anyone. they don’t have people they answer to. there’s probably not a complaints department or a number you can call. do i have to personally contact and/or sue tony stark to unfuck my financial situation. how exactly do you handle this? how does this work? who’s paying for damages this would be a mess
and then 117 countries around the world start getting together to say “okay this needs to stop”, so there’s probably some Not Great Press re: the avengers circulating around the world. natasha was a russian spy/assassin and all of her Red Ledger Baggage got dumped onto the internet. + also press re: the Event In Lagos™…and then bucky barnesattacks the people trying to hold the avengers accountable. holy shit. the leader of a nation who was leading the charge re: Avengers & Accountability is murdered by captain america’s best friend.
i mean, steve knows that bucky is innocent, you and me know that bucky is innocent, but your average citizen probably wouldn’t. then steve goes and physically fights off the people who have been sent to arrest bucky for this–you think those people and the families of those people wouldn’t be publicly not okay with that? there’s a dramatic car chase fight situation involving bucky, steve, sam, And The Son Of The Recently Murdered King of Wakanda, and they’re arrested, and maybe you think the drama is probably over, it’s being dealt with, bUT NO, bucky barnes attacks a bunch of people and escapes and there’s a dramatic helicopter crash and holy shit this is like maybe half of the movie’s plot and things would already be So Tense
like even people who were pro-avengers would probably be like “holy shit okay but What Is Going On” and this is all Before the fight at the airport in germany and hearing on the news that captain america broke his team of vigilantes out of prison and they are now Hiding Somewhere Among Us…like, we know these people and can empathize with them because we see their stories in a way that prioritizes them and their relationships over the collateral damage but like. this would be such a mess this would be so tense to live through as a civilian and i would be Afraid
Hi guys. I’m going to piss off a lot of YA writers (and possibly
readers) today, so hang onto your hats.
Mainly, if you’re in love with the idea of a high schooler
with no strategic or combat experience heading up a revolution or war because
they’re “so dedicated and determined,” don’t read this. Please, don’t. You’re
not going to see anything you like. Go ahead and keep enjoying your guilty
pleasure – that’s fine. I’m not going to own up to some of the guilty pleasures
I love in fiction but don’t buy for a second in real life. That’s chill. Go for
But there are just things that I – and readers like me – are
tired of seeing. If you’re sick of that trope, then keep reading. If you’re
open to the idea of ditching that trope in your writing, then I really
This assessment/collection of tips on why teens shouldn’t run
revolutions - and if you’re going to make them, how they CAN do it well - will
include comparisons to history, other fiction (Unplugged), and Black Butler.
Plus swearing and a range of incorrect capitalizations, because it’s fun.
Basically because I’m a hopeless Touken shipper, I had to post one of my favorite Touken moments (Even though it’s pretty old by now).
These panels guys from chapter 72!
When Kaneki came for Yomo, Touka and Ayato’s rescue, he pretty much talked only to Ayato telling him where to go, without any word to Touka (Sorry Yomo-san, you aren’t that much of a talker anyway XD).
But Touka knows better than letting him fight Arima before a single question, she just needed to test how her words would affect his decision. And the reaction he gave by (a single call) from her gave her the answer.
You see how Kaneki flinches when he hears Touka calling his name? You see that twitch?
Usually you get this reaction from a person who is waiting (and knows) that you’re going to call for him but is not ready. He’s willing to talk but doesn’t know what he’s going to say. Even the way he slightly turns around to see her, you can’t actually meet his eye this way, as if he’s avoiding the eye contact as much as he can, but why? Touka knows the reason, and that is why she calls once again.
She get why he’s afraid of making the eye contact with her. You know how does it feel when you miss someone way too much to the point where seeing their face would flash back all these nostalgic memories? Where all the feelings and emotions you once had come again with heavier effects? That’s the moment when people become afraid to meet the gaze, they don’t know how to handle that much of feelings, not to mention someone who’s prepared to die, a person who gave up on living.
Kaneki’s eyes here are telling what he feels, it’s like if they’re saying: “I knew I shouldn’t look at her eyes”.
The unfairness Kaneki talks about is the effect Touka has made on him, all his determination to die the whole time has been reconsidered again by this fleeting conversation they had. And scratch that, it wasn’t a conversation where she had to convince him, she just asked him a question which he couldn’t answer, but couldn’t get it off of his mind either.
“Even a faint of warmth is reassuring as long as that support on which we lean does not rot away”. - Ishida Sui.
Come on guys, add in your favorite Touken moments, I want to get drown on these feelings until next chapter.
This is going to be a journey so stay with me. This is not my Kyman goggles okay? This is NOT A DRILL.
Kyle is the ONLY person being THAT obsessed with Cartman’s relationship. Everyone else is like ugh yeah he sucks he’s abusive let’s stay out of it she’ll figure it out.
But oh no, not Kyle. We saw this in the beginning of the season too. When everyone’s internet history was going to leak, this is BEFORE Cartmans abuse of Heidi, Kyle was threatening to tear the two apart. Why?
Now hold up Kybi fans I’m gonna break your hearts here. Kyle ALWAYS knows when he’s into a girl and IMMEDIATELY pursues her. Nichole and Leslie are perfect examples of this. However, he barely even knew Heidi at this point. He was just being his usual sassy self with Cartman because that’s their dynamic.
Something we all have to notice is the absence of Cartman’s abuse towards Kyle. When’s the last time he yelled at him for more than a few seconds? Or paid attention to him at all? Called him a Jew? Hasn’t happened. Why?
Cartman redirected their dynamic onto Heidi. This doesn’t work. Heidi has no idea how to handle Cartmans cruelty and mental instability. But Kyle does. No one else in the friend group is angry about Cartmans distraction, just concerned. But Kyle is angry to no end. Partially because he is a good person who is concerned with seeing someone being abused the way he’s used to, but mostly because he wants that back. And that in itself is strange.
I mean think about the way Cartman treats Heidi. He plans to kill her. How many times has he planned to kill Kyle? Mocks her for being vegan and tricks her into doing something opposite to what she wants to do, Sets her up for humiliation, etc. That is literally what Cartman USED to have with Kyle. Which leads me to this.
When one of the girls say…
“omg you like Heidi!”
And Kyle responds…
“No! …or.. do I?”
Kyle truly didn’t consider the possibility of him liking Heidi, which is inconsistent with his other love interests. With them, he knew immediately. With Heidi, this is the first time he considered her like that. He’s confused because his jealousy is there and he doesn’t know why so he’s like, I guess it MUST mean I like Heidi.
But that’s not it.
He wants Cartmans attention back and, in addition, he wants to stop Cartmans misdeeds like old times. Kyle is angry for the same reason he’s always been angry for. Cartmans injustice. He didn’t like Heidi until he truly considered the idea of getting with her. It solves three problems.
1) Cartman can no longer abuse Heidi which is an injustice that Kyle is used to morally fighting against, especially against Cartman.
2) socially he won’t be considered gay anymore by his brother or father and he will be able to parade around a girlfriend and gain that in his reputation.
3) Kyle is smart. Kyle knows Cartman. And Kyle knows that stealing Cartmans girlfriend will cause an inevitable confrontation. Thus, gaining Cartmans attention back and becoming his main target once more.
Kyle MISSED being Cartmans outlet. To me there’s no other way to explain that “In a way we’re all dating with Cartman”.
Kyle, what the fuck are you talking about? No one else feels that way. No one else except Heidi and apparantly…