How to Read Another Person’s Memories
I’m surprised that I haven’t seen this on tumblr yet!
(Maybe it’s out there, who knows? I’m new.) But this is actually one of the easiest spells to do, and one of the first I learned as a budding witch. It can be used to help someone through traumatic events and shadow work, or just to get to know them better.
You Will Need:
2. The person whose memories you intend to read
That’s it. If you want to drink a clairvoyance tea or carry a stone with you, you may, although I have done this plenty of times without preparation and it’s worked well for me.
1. Sit across from the person whose memories you’re reading. Get comfy; you’ll be there for a while
2. Take both of their hands, and hold them throughout the ritual. I like to hold my palms up and have them place their hands on top, so it’s comfortable for them.
3. Close your eyes and enter a meditative state. You’ll want to eliminate all distractions, so if you’re in a loud room, ask people to quiet down or move to another room. Focus on the energy in the other person’s hands. Do you feel it? Embrace their energy.
4. Let the images flow through you. This technique is much like scrying, except you’re receiving their memories through their energy. Describe briefly what you see to them and ask them or confirm with “Yes” or “No.” Example: “I see a white couch in front of an empty fireplace.” If the person recognizes what you’re referring to, or if it rings a bell, they’ll respond “Yes.” The memory will come in fragments at first, yet slowly build to form the complete picture.
5. If they respond “No,” keep going anyway; they may subconsciously change the images they’re sending to you. If they continue to respond “No,” they may be blocking something or lying, and it’ll be hard to get a read on them then. You may want to work through why they’re blocking images with them; it could be possible that they’re very private, or you need more practice in feeling others’ energies.
6. Don’t try to control the images or where you stand in them. If you jump from memory to memory, let yourself jump. You are a receiver, not a controller of these energies.
7. If someone wants you to see a specific memory, have them project that memory toward you, or bring it up clearly in their own minds. Your energy will gravitate towards theirs.
And that’s it. Some things I’ve seen through this method: Peoples’ childhood homes (I can’t tell you how many times), dreams, traumas, visions they’ve received, stories they’ve invented in their heads.
Some Final Notes:
1. This should go without saying, but the person whose memories you’re reading should be a willing participant. They’re allowed to be skeptical, but if they hold their memories back or block you, you’ll receive some conflicting images.
2. Obviously, this technique may come easier to an empath or someone experienced in reading energies. Although I was taught by an empath, I am not an empath an had little to no experience when I first tried this technique, and it still worked for me.
3. Try it first on a friend or relative, since you’ve already created a spiritual bond with them. If you’re experience, you may use this technique on strangers or acquaintances as well.
4. Don’t try to read two peoples’ memories at once, even if they share the same memory. Consider the fallibility of memory: It changes based on peoples’ perspectives or emotions towards that event. I can’t image how overwhelming it would be to try to read two peoples’ memories.
5. Every person I know who’s tried this (including me) has had a tendency to mix up the colors red and blue. I don’t know why, but it’s lead to some funny conversations!
It’s that simple! You’re all so talented, witches, so if you ever want to help a friend in need, here’s a possible solution. Have a beautiful day and help yourself as well! Blessed be!