My Questions as a Writer
Hi guys! Running this blog has helped me a lot with both generating ideas and expanding my knowledge. I’m not an expert on writing or a published author, and I definitely don’t have years and years of experience. It’s a learning process. I thought I’d share with you my own questions I have about the writing world.
1. How does song writing work in general? Is there a template?
2. When do you know if you’re done editing? Do authors ever feel like their story is perfect or do they settle for good enough?
3. What is the step by step road to publication like for someone who can’t afford an agent/ has to do everything themself at least in the beginning?
4. What are the main differences between script writing and novel writing? (Besides the obvious template difference) What does script writing exclude the novel writing includes? What does script writing have that novel writing doesn’t?
5. How short is too short for a YA fic?
6. Do writing summer camps exist? I’d be in love with that.
7. Are there any writing genres that have very few stories? Mary Shelley basically created gothic fiction. Are there other undiscovered genres out there?
8. Despite hours of searching on multiple occasions, I’ve never found an ideal writing contest. Anyone know of a writing contest with little no entry fee, range that can go up to 10k words, and doesn’t want a story that teaches some lesson? Just a good old adventure story.
9. Any good online programs out there for planning/ outlining books?
10. Any platforms to share writing on that are known for helping aspiring writers get published?
11. How does getting a (good) beta reader work? Do you pay them?
12. Single space or double space drafts?
Anyway, that’s what I can think of for right now. If anyone has answers or suggestions, pitch in! It would be greatly appreciated.