Some less-explored aspects of Viktor Nikiforov’s character that I will love and protect until my dying day:
- Finally learned how to be a young and careless person at age 27
- Was absolutely 100% willing to jump straight into a “Married for five years with a dog” type relationship with Katsuki Yuuri the moment his feet hit the ground in Japan (Viktor “U-haul” Nikiforov)
- Arrived in Japan assuming that he and Yuuri were already in a relationship and, once realizing his error, didn’t pressure Yuuri into ‘Keeping his promise’ or something similarly creepy
- Literally is such an affectionate person and lets exactly zero (0) stereotypes regarding Eastern European men apply to him
- He never raises his voice in anger to anyone??? ever?? I love it
- Is an extremely competitive person but probably also the most sporting person in the entire fuckin show? Like even Yuuri can sometimes be a bit of a sore loser but Viktor’s like, Yuuri you better inspire the fuck out of that smol multi-colored skate child. Hell yes I’m proud of Yurio, that’s my boy, that’s my actual son.
- Is a masculine person who gives ZERO FUCKS about perceived gender
- NONE of his compliments to Yuuri are overtly physicality-based? He showers Yuuri in compliments about his stamina, about his ability to wow the crowd. He tells him how sexy he is but it’s entirely because of how Yuuri’s CONFIDENCE makes him sexy. Viktor is, at every moment, using positive reinforcement to make Yuuri see himself in a kinder light.
- Is literally always unashamedly high key about everything.