Weekly Theme: How to keep Christ at the center of your thoughts
Daily Theme: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding… -Proverbs 3:5
My dear sister,
5 things to remember about your worries today:
1. There is no need for you to try and navigate through your worries alone. You can go over it in your head over and over all day, but know that no matter how much you analyze it, everything–every single little detail–is in the hands of the Lord. Don’t let the worry take over today. Don’t let the anxiety about your long to-do list consume your mind so much to the point that you forget to be comforted by the beautiful truth that God already has the whole path laid out.
2. Now this does not mean that things can’t still go wrong, but what it does mean is that when you find yourself slipping, in whatever it is, God wants to reel you back in. So give your heart completely to Him. Surrender your thoughts to Him, knowing that through Jesus Christ, it was not meant to be for you to carry these burdens around. Let Him be The One who guides you through your thoughts.
3. Let Him be The One who guides your thoughts when things aren’t going your way. We can’t control what other people do or don’t do. We can’t always control the outcome at work, at school, or a situation at home–but what you can control is your choice to CONTINUE to trust in the Lord even though things aren’t going your way.
4. If you’re looking for that peace of mind today, you’re not going to find it in a lunch break and you’re not going to find it when that particular person finally decides to text you back…you’re going to find it when you look The One who IS the peace…The One who knows all!
5. So don’t let the pressure at work, at school, or anywhere else in your community distract you from the enormous opportunity to no longer lean on your understanding but instead to trust your Heavenly Father. Let Him be your peace of mind today, and everyday.
Biblical context + further reading: Proverbs 3:5-6, Matthew 11:28