Voltron Galra Theory
Ok guys, I was thinking and what if Galra isn’t a species, but something you become. Kind of like orcs in lotr are tortured elves. Think about it:
- We have seen very few Galra women
- We have not seen any Galra children or relationships
- We have not seen any “home planet” for the Galra
- All of the Galra we have seen are evil and it would be foolish to think an entire species is evil
How would this work out, though? I think it all comes backs to the quintessence. Notice that Galras’ eyes are the same yellow as quintessence. Zarkon strenghthens himself by regulary having quintessence infused in him. It doesn’t seem like too much of a stretch to think that the quintessence made him Galra to begin with. Other things this would explain:
- Why the Galra empire keeps hoarding quintessence
- Why the Galra empire has so many prisoners and regularly has battles between prisoners. They want to find the strongest to turn Galra.
- Why Shiro was so distruaght over Sendak’s whole one of us speech in the tube (which I think was all in Shiro’s mind but that’s another theory)
- Why Keith’s arm turned purple when he touched the quintessence. With prolonged exposer, he would actually turn into a Galra.