if the rangers were to play dnd, who would be the dm dya think?
thanks for the ask! @penvision and i came up with a few ranger dnd headcanons (with a little trimberly and cranscott)
- billy has been playing dnd for years, he used to play with his dad, who taught him how to be a dm and helped him plan campaigns.
- he used to meet weekly with a group of friends in middle school, but once high school started and they all became busy with other clubs and sports
- the rangers start their group because billy mentions it at lunch one day and trini says she had a small group that she played with two schools ago (even though her mother never approved)
- billy and trini spend the next three days talking about it and kim, jason, and zack just sit and watch, because it’s adorable how excited and happy billy and trini are, and all decide after five minutes to learn
- zack’s character is a gnome cleric and the party healer; healing the other rangers’ characters can be really cathartic for him.
- billy always makes sure that none of their characters get too close to dying though-he makes the campaign challenging but wants zack to have fun and not get stressed out so he tries to watch zack to see when he needs to back off on the danger a little bit. jason watches too so he can let billy know if he missed a signal from zack.
- kim’s character is a really tall, buff barbarian human woman (partially because she wants to be a huge badass barbarian woman and also because she knows trini has a thing for girls with muscles)
- kim’s character is really overprotective and says she wants to fight anyone who looks at any of their characters the wrong way (especially trini’s). she’s also really impulsive and never does perception checks before she goes anywhere so she’s constantly falling into traps and ambushes
- trini’s character is a chaotic good tiefling woman. she wants her character to be someone who people might look at and perceive something evil but she actually has a heart of gold
- trini doesn’t say it but she wants her character to be the tallest in the group so kim makes her character a bit shorter than originally planned. trini is also very pleased that she gets to make fun of zack’s character for being the shortest in the group
- jason is a little hesitant at first because he’s never done anything like this before and has never really had the chance to be very creative with what he does (he’s always been in sports or other really structured activities) so he doesn’t get dnd right away and starts with a pretty generic human warrior
- once jason finds his footing he gets super into dnd, he learns all the lore and rules and helps billy plan their campaigns sometimes
- billy lets jason retcon his character to a dragonborn ranger with a really elaborate backstory. jason picked a ranger so he could make jokes about how his character is a ranger too and names his character’s long bow “ranger danger.”
- jason spends at least fifteen minutes every session explaining some new part of his character or some cool lore he read about and the other rangers always listen to him with huge smiles because it’s obvious he’s having a lot of fun