@ everyone in hurricane irma
if your house starts flooding high DO NOT GO UPSTAIRS OR INTO THE ATTIC!!! you will suffocate and drown!!!!! instead go onto the roof of your house and wait until rescue!!!! a family friend of mine recently did that in harvey and is currently recovering in the hospital. DO NOT GO THE SECOND STORY OF YOUR HOUSE!!
- when you get rescued you can only take a handbag with you. dont take unimportant things and dont worry about clothing!
- boiled eggs last a long time and are easy to make and store
- ziploc bads are your best friends for sketchbooks and notebooks
- chances are youll get evacuated to a church or shelter before a more long term place like a hotal room until the waters calm down. if you can, raise any furniture up or bring it upstairs.
- any water that floods your house will be disgusting and dirty so be prepared
- dont start your car until the engine dries completely out. if possible, get it professionally looked at
take advice from someone who lived so close to the flooding. do not go into your attic if your house floods!