400 g cauliflower and broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7/425F/220C and line a large tray with baking parchment and spray it with cooking spray/brush with oil.
Throw the entire can of chickpeas (brine and all) into a blender, along with 2 tbsp of water, the sriracha, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend to a smooth consistency, adding extra water if needed. Adjust spices to taste.
Using a fork, dip each piece of broccoli/cauliflower into the batter and then space evenly along the lined baking tray.
Bake for 30 minutes, turning the tray around halfway through cooking.
Top with nooch and dip in lots of ketchup and vegan mayo :)
Notes: For a long time I wanted to try sixvegansisters’ broccoli bites, but tbh the batter was slightly daunting for me, so I made a few changes. Brought up the protein content and brought down the calorific value, so I’m really happy with how this turned out :D
Serves 1 as a large main meal (471 cals), or 3 as a side (157 cals)
I haven’t watched that many, but I really enjoyed these:
A Werewolf Boy: Summoned by an unexpected phone call, an elderly woman visits the
country cottage she lived in as a child. Memories of an orphan boy she
knew 47 years ago come flooding back to her. (If you like angst and crying even after the movie is finished then you’re really going to enjoy this one! Jk! Well not really but it’s a beautiful movie. Be sure to watch the extended edition!).
Miracle in Cell No. 7: A story about love between a mentally ill father and his lovingly
adorable daughter. Which is her father, accused of murder and rape. (This movie is filled with so many heartbreaking and bittersweet moments. Definitely not a movie anyone should pass up!).
Spellbound: Yeo-Ri sees ghosts and crazy things happen to the
people around her. When she joins Jo-Goo’s magician show, he offers
to help her find a way out before the ghosts can chase him away. (I’m really bad with horror movies, but this had comedy in it, so it wasn’t really that scary. Minus the jump-scare scenes. But it was a fun watch, I’ve seen it multiple times).
200 Pounds Beauty: A famous pop singer decides to have full-body plastic surgery to change her look. (An easy-going chick flick with romance and comedy).
Heaven’s Postman: A grieving woman takes a job assisting a messenger who delivers letters to the dead. (Another angst-y movie, but the ending isn’t that bad so if you hate angst, you can still watch this one).
You’re My Pet: A homeless dancer agrees to be the personal pet of a no-nonsense fashion editor. (Another chick-flick movie with comedy and romance).
Jackal Is Coming: A not so smart female killer is hired to kill a popular
singer. The killer then kidnaps the popular singer
and tries to kill him in a bold manner which the customer requested,
but the police arrive and all plans goes wrong! (This is one of those movies that are really fun to watch while you’re drinking lol. It has action and humor, very un-serious).
Hot For Teacher: Set within an all boys Christian High School, a beautiful new trainee teacher quickly gains the attention of the students and faculty. Meanwhile, a
school festival is set to take place and the trainee teacher is set to
teach dance to three students. A rumor then spreads that the trainee
teacher has had an affair with one of the students.
(This movie is rated 18+, because of the perverted jokes and flashes. But nothing too dirty lol. It was a fun watch, lots of comedy).
1954 - Ray Simpson, the brother of Singer/Songwriter Valarie Simpson of the duo Ashford and Simpson and the replacement for Victor Willis as the cop in the group The Village People, is born in the Bronx, New York
- Lisa Lisa, Lead Singer of Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, who often performed with Full Force is born Lisa Velez in New York City, New York
- Sam Moore and Dave Prater, who performed as Sam and Dave, are inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame along with The Isley Brothers, Bobby “Blue” Bland, Booker T & the M.G.’s and The Jimi Hendrix Experience
- Elmore James and Henry “Professor Longhair” Byrd are inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame for the Early Influences to Rock and Roll
- After flip-flopping with Mariah Carey’s “Music Box”, Snoop Doggy Dogg’s debut album “Doggystyle” returns to the top of Billboard’s Hot 200 Album chart
- Jennifer Hudson wins the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress In A Supporting Role in a Motion Picture for her portrayal of Effie White in the film “Dreamgirls”
- Prince wins the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song - Motion Picture for “The Song of the Heart” from the film “Happy Feet”
Imagine if you’d never heard of the musical Hamilton and you stumbled into the fandom and you were met by things like “"ugh Lafayette is so hot” and “"Ham and Laurens are totally in love” and “"Mariah Reynolds is such a whore”
Trying to get a consistent feel for Kaladin’s face and some expressions, so here are some quick doodles since I haven’t updated any Cosmere stuff lately!
As numbered in their funky order:
1. I hate lighteyes and I need a razor but my life is too shit to try anymore.
2. I’m not blushing you’re blushing.
3. Something in my life was almost good but it’ll probably go away soon.
4. YOU HAVE AWAKENED THE KILLER FIREFLY
5. Not quite resting bitch face but here are my brands pls judge me so I can safely judge you back.
6. Bad puns with Shallan, pls save us.
7. FUCK THE LIGHTEYES
8. … no rly look at Adolin and Shallan being happy and shit, fuck them. Being cute and nice and throwing a wrench into my carefully constructed hate-wall. Idiots.
9. I miss Syl. I may have fucked up.
10. Doctor mode activated, hotness increased to 200%
11. I messed up and I’m sorry can you please just look at my puppy eyes.
Some of these might sprout some color or be worked into later pictures. Some of them I’m happy with, some are sort of poo. Anyways, if you have a favorite, let me know or put it in the tags of your reblog and I may prioritize coloring/reworking/complete sketches! God knows I need the practice.
so yesterday i went to hot topic 2 get sum swim trunks n the dude n lady at the register told me i was preapproved for the credit card n i said id get it n buy more shit if they both ate a box of those godforsaken bertie botts jellybeans so long story short i watched 2 very brave souls down 2 boxes of jellybeans and i now owe hot topic like 200$
Writers! If the person is okay with it, write about a piece of fanart you really like; give it a backstory and context. Even if its just a single scene, write it out.
Bonus for you if the art work you choose isn’t about a popular character or duo/doesn’t have a lot of notes.
Artists! If the person’s okay with it, draw a piece from a fanfic. Create the moment in time, show what was happening and how the characters felt. Bonus for you if the fanfic you choose isn’t from a popular ship/doesn’t have a lot of comments or kudos.