How can you create a deamon?
Hello! My apologies for taking so long to reply. Brace yourself for a long explanation :)
To create a daemon, you must first understand what they are. Daemons are a type of thoughtform (think imaginary friend) that are created specifically to:
1) Act as a companion to the host
2) Give advice and encouragement
3) Balance the host’s emotions and temperament
Our concept of daemons comes from the Greek ‘eudaemon’ which was regarded as a good spirit or angel. The Greek philosopher Socrates had what he described as a ‘daimon’ which advised and accompanied him. Though modern Daemonism was made popular and is more heavily inspired by Phillip Pullman’s ‘His Dark Materials’ trilogy.
The Daemon Page
The Nature of the Daimon
What are daemons?
How do I create a daemon?
There are a few things that are essential, and distinguish a daemon from any other type of thoughtform:
1) If a thoughtform seeks to promote any kind of physical or psychological harm to the host, they cannot be considered a daemon - because the essence of a daemon is to benefit the host
2) A host will usually have only one daemon - although this has been debated on The Daemon Forum (TDF) where some daemians feel they have more than one daemon. Regardless, one daemon is the norm and is seen to be the most practical (also, you have to consider that most daemians on TDF are not familiar with other thoughtforms such as tulpas and servitors)
3) Daemons will tend to take animal forms and will tend to settle into a main animal form (this is consistent with Pullman’s HDM series)
4) Daemons are not seen to be ‘created from scratch’ like tulpas are - they are seen to be a personified inner voice that branch off from the host’s own mind voice
There are 3 key practices in Daemonism:
1) Visualisation - picturing your daemon with your inner/mind’s eye
2) Projection - using your mind’s eye to visualise your daemon in the physical world
3) Verbalisation - hearing your daemon with your inner ear or mind voice
These take some practice but are fairly easy to master. The purpose of these exercises are not to induce hallucinations (so you won’t see and hear a daemon as if it was physically standing in front of you and speaking to you.) Rather, successful visualisation and verbalisation should feel like recalling a memory or daydreaming.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Good luck!