My parents signed me up for Nextdoor, which is like some kind of community-based mini facebook, and I am signed up in their neighborhood, which is (as we have established) The Boondocks.
I don’t mind belonging to their Nextdoor, it means that I will be kept abreast of local news, but also the local news is hilarious.
The latest messages concern a HEATED DISCUSSION about hoof trimming because someone posted asking if anyone knows a farrier who will trim miniature horse hooves, which apparently most farriers have some kind of BASELESS PREJUDICE against according to this poster. Battle lines are quickly being drawn between the various camps including:
- Miniature horses don’t need hoof maintenance the way regular horses do
- Miniature horses ABSOLUTELY need hoof maintenance you monsters
- Farriers who won’t do miniature horse hooves ain’t shit
- Farriers who won’t do miniature horse hooves have their reasons
- Miniature horses are some bullshit
- Everybody shut up about miniature horses
- I Have A Miniature Horse For Sale
I can’t wait to see who wins. I suspect it will be me.