These are so easy and insanely good.
- Thin sliced bacon - 1 package
- Pitted dates - 16oz
- Goat Cheese, room temperature - 8oz
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Slice the dates. Be careful not to slice them into two pieces. Just slice through one side and open them up flat. (Some recipes say to pipe the cheese in through the holes in the end of the dates but I think its a horrible pain, messy and isn’t effective, so I slice ‘em open. If you slice all the way through, don’t worry, the bacon will hold it all together.)
- Put the goat cheese in a piping bag (a sandwich bag works, just snip a corner of the bag off). Pipe the cheese into the dates and close the dates back up.
- Cut the bacon in half so you have 5-6” long pieces. Wrap the bacon around the date and secure with a toothpick.
- Use a 9x13” pan with a cooling rack resting on top of it. This will allow the grease to drip off making the bacon crispy all the way around.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Try dipping the dates in a balsamic mustard sauce. Just blend mustard, a little honey or maple syrup and some balsamic vinegar for a unique taste that compliments the sweet and salty combo of the dates and bacon.
**The photo used is a found image from an internet search. I have made these a few times, but never took a picture of my own.