Pop Culture Witchcraft: Using Mainstream Media in Magic
New Post has been published on http://thecuriousviolet.com/2016/12/10/pop-culture-witchcraft-using-mainstream-media-in-magic/
Pop Culture Witchcraft: Using Mainstream Media in Magic
Pop Culture witchcraft is a sect of witchcraft where the practitioner uses mainstream media, that is to say, popular things in their modern culture, in their craft and magical practice.
You can turn just about anything into a spell. Movies, book, poems, anything can become a spell if you want it to.
Tools of the Trade//
- Favorite Movies
- Favorite Books
- Movie Posters
- Fan Art
- Written Dovahzul can be used as sigils, while spoken Thu’um/Shouts can be used as spells.
Sailor Moon Spells//
- Usagi’s Disguise Pen Glamour Charm
- Usagi’s Moon Tiara Stardust Bath Spell
- Usagi’s Moon Healing Escalation Ritual
- Chibiusa’s Twinkle Yell Familiar Summon
- Ami’s Sabao Spray Purification Spritz
- Rei’s Flame Sniper Candle Curse
- Makoto’s Supreme Thunder Storm Summon
- Minako’s Venus Love-Me Chain Binding Charm
- Haruka’s World Shaking Grounding Method
- Michiru’s Submarine Reflection Reverse Talisman
- Setsuna’s Dead Scream Poppet Curse
- Hotaru’s Silence Wall Protection Ward
Disney Pop Culture Spells//
- Flower, Gleam and Glow (Tangled):
- Get a dandelion or another yellow or hold flower and hold it in your dominant hand. Chant or sing the song from Tangled.
- Could be used to heal an emotional wound, regain a friendship, aid in the return of a lover or as an anti-aging glamour.
- “Flower gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine”
- Poor, Unfortunate Souls (The Little Mermaid)
- I do this one a lot. This is a spell for helping you to get over the haters and the rude assholes out there so that you can focus on the work that needs to be done. I use it before healing and potion work to cleanse me of negative emotions and give me an extra kick. Sing or chant the song from The Little Mermaid.
- “Poor unfortunate souls
So sad, But true
They come flocking to my cauldron
Crying, “Spells, Ursula, please!”
And I help them?
Yes I do!“
- Friends on the Other Side (Princess and the Frog)
- I sing this before spirit work. It’s the Shadow Man’s song from Princess and the Frog. I also use it to charge my tarot cards or before I do a reading.
- “I’ve got friends on the other side
The cards, the cards, the cards will tell
The past, the present, and the future as well!
The cards, the cards, just take three
Take a little trip into
Your future with me!”
- Sing, Sweet Nightingale (Cinderella)
- This one can be used when doing Bird magic, working with feathers, working with air magic or when working alongside a familiar.
- “Oh, sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet nightingale
High above me
Oh, sing sweet nightingale
Sing sweet nightingale”
- Skumps! (Sleeping Beauty)
- A spell especially good while drinking, though that’s not mandatory for it to work, to toast to the future and bring good luck.
- “Skumps! Skumps! A toast to this night! The outlook is rosy and the future is bright!”
- Higitus Figitus! (Sword in the Stone)
- This one can be used when casting an enchantment or charging/programing an object.
- “Hockety pockety wockety wack
Odds and ends and bric a brac
Higitus Figitus migitus mum,
Higitus Figitus migitus mum,
- Mad Madam Mim (Sword in the Stone)
- This is one I use to pump myself up before a curse or any kind of chaotic magic.
- “With only a touch, I have the power
Zim zaba rim bim, To wither a flower
I find delight in the gruesome and grim”
- Be Prepared! (The Lion King)
- To be used to prepare for a spell, but especially good for justice spells and curses.
- “So prepare for the coup of the century
Be prepared for the murkiest scam
Meticulous planning, Tenacity spanning
Decades of denial is simply why I’ll
Be king, undisputed, r, saluted
And seen, for the wonder I am
Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared
Yes, our teeth and ambitions are bared
Be prepared! “
Horror Movie Curses//
- The Grudge
- Kayako’s Curse: Charge the walls of your enemy’s house with hatred.
- Drag You Down: Bury a potato poppet in a jar of graveyard dirt to make your victim feel despair.
- The Ring
- Falling Down the Well: Submerge the name of your victim in a jar of storm water, gutter mud and fingernail clippings to make them feel trapped and panicked.
- All I Ever Wanted Was You: Wrap a personal item belonging to your victim in a trash bag and shove it in a jar. Submerge it with storm water and fingernail polish remover to slowly eat away at your victim’s self esteem and ability to feel joy. Useful for revenge on an abusive ex.
- The Things She’d Made You See: Mix fingernail clippings, sulfur powder, chicken bones, storm water, blood/red food coloring, rocks and aspirin in a jar. Submerge a pair of 3D glasses with the name of the victim written on the lenses. This will make them hallucination or have terrible nightmares.
- One Missed Call
- Charge your victim’s most used text ringtone with rage and malicious intent. Every time it goes off, your victim will have a string of bad luck.
- The Babadook
- Make a very creepy drawing and charge it with an intent to haunt and send it anonymously to your victim. This should creep the heck out of them or invite a spirit to haunt them, depending on your intention.
- Make a poppet of your victim and bury it in a jar of ashes to make your victim feel hollow and alone.
- A Curse for turning people against your victim. Buy a DVD that you know your victim is wanting. Smear toilet or drain water on the cover of the disc and storm water on the spine of the case and let it dry naturally.
- A curse to make them panic and hyperventilate. Write a letter in a different language (Japanese or Dovahzul both work really well, but since the curse comes from a Japanese movie, I find that that works best for me) in red ink or blood using frightening and creepy words. Charge each word with the intent to terrify and scare your victim. Send the letter to your victim anonymously.
- The Face Hugger: To smother your victim.
- Put a poppet that represents your victim in a jar with the graveyard dirt and slowly add storm water until it drowns the object representing your subject. Finish filling the jar and then sprinkle ashes in the water. Shake the jar really hard after sealing it.
- ‘From the depths of the dark
This curse shall leap
To latch onto your face
To knock you off your feet
Nightmares of smothering
Steal your breath
Until I say so,
You’ll get no rest.’
- The Chest Burster: To break someone’s self esteem or will.
- Stick pins in the victim’s poppet’s chest and put it in a jar with graveyard dirt and glass. Shake well. Add storm and toilet water and shake again.
- ‘Sudden and with no warning
From your chest shall burst
Self loathing and mourning
Your insides will hurt
You will suffer till I decide
The lesson has been learned
I bet now you’ll remember
To repent to those you’ve burned’
- Xenomorph: To frighten your victim and make them paranoid.
- Add storm water to a bowl full of storm water, and submerge a paper with your victim’s name written on it. Slowly add blue and black food coloring until it is completely consumed. As the water turns completely black, add ashes.
- ‘Round and round you’ll spin
Looking over your shoulder
The terror and fear will win
Your paranoid won’t smolder
The darkness closes in
The air gets colder
It’s coming for you
Soon it will be over’
- The Queen: To make your victim learn respect.
- Drop the victim’s poppet in a jar and add storm water and fingernail polish remover. (Be sure to do in a well ventilated area so the fumes don’t get to you). Shake well. Then slowly add purple and black food coloring. The mixture should slowly eat away at the poppet.
- ‘Disrespectful peasant
I’ll show you whose boss
My fangs aren’t pleasant
My claws are cross
so cocky and rude
I’ll show you how The Queen
Deals with a feud’
- Houses of Healing (Lord of the Rings)
- To be used when mixing a love potion.
- “With a sigh, you turn away
With a deepening heart
No words to say
You will find
That the world has changed
The trees are now turning
From green to gold
The sun is now fading
I wish I could
Hold you closer.”
- All Shall Fade (Lord of the Rings)
- I use this one to either dissipate negative emotion (make it fade away) or during curses to make my subjects self esteem fade.
- “Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade”
- He Had It Coming! (Chicago)
- For the scorned woman. Charge a pair of high heels with empowering energy and stomp around your room. Sing, scream, shout or chant the cell block tango from Chicago.
- I like to use this as a curse, but it could also be used to help get over an ex or just release your anger in a healthy way and help you heal.
- “He had it coming
He had it coming
He only had himself to blame
If you’re of been there
If you’re a seen it
I betcha you would
have done the same!”