I made good progress on the portrait of my Lavellan today. I started the nose and pretty much finished it. I also got the main parts of the facial skin laid in as well as the lips. I will probably work on the eyes tomorrow.
I’m happy to see that my portrait skills don’t seem to be too set back by my month off. I’m sure doing nose, eyes, lip, and hair studies helped with that. I think the hair will probably be the most difficult part of this piece. For one, the hair ref I’m using doesn’t line up exactly with angle of the face ref. And for another, the hair ref is a much lighter color than the hair color I will be painting. Hopefully, it will go well though.