Advice from a uni student
I’ve never really tried to give studying tips before but since so many are starting school, I thought I’d give my two cents as a hopeful second year uni student. Some are probably pretty obvious, but don’t take it for granted, think about it seriously instead.
1. Give it your all. Don’t half ass it because when you get a bad grade you’re going to be regretting watching cat videos for the whole semester. Even if you hate the subject, you need to get a good grade to pass.
2. Ideally, do your readings every week. If you can’t manage, or it’s a long boring chapter, try to at least find a video which explains the subject, and take notes again from the video (make sure said source is reputable, always).
3. When classes are over and it’s time to do readings or homework, if you’re feeling tired don’t force yourself! Unless it’s the week before exams, or a day before the deadline, just take a brief nap and get back to work. If you’re too tired you won’t do your work/ half ass it.
(Try not to leave homework/ assignments for last minute, it’s going to stress you out. A LOT)
4. Compile your bibliography as you’re writing your assignment!!!! Learn how to do footnotes properly, it will save you so much time later + grades are assigned to the bibliography too.
5. Take notes in class, and go to class even if attendance isn’t required. And actually refer to said notes before the exam because they will really help you. ( don’t 100% depend on them, unless you have good notes and you really just want to pass)
6. I’m sure we all have those days when we just can’t bring ourselves to study. Especially two days before an exam. It happens to the best of us. A method that works for me is to try to meditate, or some light exercise. Looking at studyblr pictures doesn’t mean studying.
7. Try to take classes at times when you are less likely to be productive, so that you leave the time when you’re most productive to when you have to study or work on an assignment. (This kind of advice really depends on the kind of person you are. If you are prone to skipping class if you do this, just skip this advice)
8. Lastly, keep some fruit bars or easy to eat food with you constantly. You’re gonna get random food cravings and they won’t let you study. So prepare for that event.
I’m sure there’s plenty more things that I haven’t included, but many other studyblrs have done these advice posts so I’m sure you’ll find what you need. I apologize for not including advice for working students, but since I am not one I can’t give you advice. This has all been advice based on my experience this past year in uni.
If you like these posts or want more tips just let me know ^.^