Miraculous Ladybug: Enemies AU
I know it’s popular and all but I just have SUCH A HARD TIME with enemies AU so you know what we’re gonna just approach this one a bit differently:
- In Origins, things go down VERY differently and Hawk Moth successfully manages to convince Paris that Ladybug and Chat Noir are wicked, power-hungry thieves who’ve stolen magical items that don’t belong to them, and he is but the poor, weak guardian tasked with trying to reclaim the stolen Miraculouses before they find and steal the others and become unstoppable. Akuma victims are heroes chosen by fate to do what he cannot do himself, and he deeply regrets the necessity for them, but Paris must fight this. For the sake of their city, they must fight back, and they must win.
- Paris is immediately and completely behind this. The whole damn city buys it hook, line, and sinker: Ladybug and Chat Noir are the enemies of Paris, and they must be stopped. Hell, being chosen by a butterfly is a badge of honor. Just about everyone would accept one eagerly and without question–who wouldn’t want to be chosen as a protector of Paris, to have the chance to be a hero for a day and chase magical thieves across rooftops! Even if you don’t really remember it, there’s still video later and of course everyone knows.
- Alya runs the Ladyblog as a super-villain tracker and it is full of interviews with various former “heroes” and theories about what makes someone a “worthy” host for an akuma. Also, endless posts gushing about Hawk Moth’s status as a lonely and outnumbered guardian who can only empower others but never take the field of battle for himself and how hard it must be for him.
- Marinette is like “oh fuck”. Chat is like “still better than rotting at home”. Tikki is also like “oh fuck”. Plagg is like “still better than the Black Plague incident”.
- Everything is a big fucking mess and Hawk Moth is having the time of his goddamn life.