okay so i’ve been watching the get down constantly since it came out, but recently i rewatched p1, esp. in prep for the tgd watch on twitter (check it out here to help us out!!) and i have some thoughts on episode six and dizzee’s experience at the club.
- first of all, i keep forgetting that two minutes before dizzee arrives, there’s the scene where thor’s like “you should come down to soho”
- and it’s so wild to watch that exact scene because as much as we joke about it being love at first sight for the two of them, dizzee genuinely had a crush on this dude ( and i think he knew it too) but hadn’t … like, experienced his awakening yet?
- so how amazing would it have been for him to 1. have met his idol (you’re thor? wow!), 2. have his idol save him from the police, 3. be praised and admired for his artmaking and ideas, which definitely wasn’t common in his life prior to this ( i like rumi, he’s weird though / your brother’s a fucking weirdo ), and 4. that thor likes him enough to exchange books and hang out with him? then thor invites him to a party? like at this point dizzee’s crushing on what used to a very highly esteemed colleague, and is now close to being his best friend?? stop??
- he meets up with thor and “beautiful girl” ( i will never forgive them for not giving her a name!! ) but he sees!! thor!! make out with her right in front of him and you can see he’s like
- but then dizzee goes into the club! and immediately you can see him go “!!!” this isn’t insignificant for him! this is a HUGE DEAL for dizzee
- thor’s like “yeah this is where the free people run free!!” and dizzee can likely see!!! wlw !! couples!! and mlm!! couples!! kissing near him!!
- he can see drag queens and people like him wearing dresses and makeup and it’s like he’s walked into a dream because he’s had thoughts about what if i could kiss boys?? what if i could wear nail polish?? what if i could wear dresses??? and so straight off the bat he’s being validated 100% by these happy dancing people and the cool disco atmosphere i mean he must be feeling high as a kite
- AND THEN and then he gives thor!!!!!!!!!! the fuckingggggggg RECORD
- he’s like “here it reminded me of you!” and thor gives him this HUGE SMILE thats so grateful and like ADORING like can you imagine how dizzee is FEELING right now
- then THEN the beautiful girl goes “you should get carlo to play it!” and dizzee’s like “okay cool who’s that?” and yeah its the dj and then she’s like “ya thor REEALLY KNOWS HIM ya know ;))))” . dizzee’s fucking
😱😱😱 does that mean what i think it means?? like this boy???? might like boys too ????? the fuck //????? liking girls and boys at the same time?????
- so he hangs out with the girl while thor goes off and he talks about the performers and he takes in a WHOLE NEW GENRE of art and dance and being!!
- the girl initiates the kiss but he goes in for it anyway and gets tapped on the shoulder
- and thor’s there, and dizzee goes “oh fuck i just kissed his girlfriend now the guy i’m crushing on is gonna be pissed at me” right?
- dizzee goes “sorry” and thor goes “my turn”
- MY TURN
- SO NOW IN THE SPACE OF LESS THAN TWENTY MINUTES DIZZEE HAS REALISED THAT
IT’S OKAY TO LIKE BOYS AND IT’S OKAY TO LIKE BOYS AT THE SAME TIME AS GIRLS
THAT HE HAS A BIG CRUSH ON THIS BOY
THAT THE BOY LIKES HIM BACK AND MAYBE WANTS TO KISS HIM????
- and he’s unsure right? like christina aguilara’s song comes on and thor’s just dancing and dizzee’s like
…. is this real? did you just ask to kiss me a second ago?
- and the song keeps going and thor keeps dancing and bopping his shoulder good naturedly so dizzee’s like “no nah nah i’m not gonna do this what if i misread the signals”
- he didn’t
- the beautiful girl leans over and goes “IT’S OKAY, GO ON, KISS HIM!”
- IT’S OKAY!
- GO ON!
- KISS HIM!
HE’S SHY AND HESITANT BUT THOR JUST SMILES AT HIM AND KEEPS DANCING LIKE
- and dizzee at this point is just like “ ???????????????????????????? IM ALLOWED TO DO THAT IM ALLOWED TO DO THAT IM ALLOWED TO DO THAT”
- the beautiful girl takes this into her own hands and gives him a reassuring kiss, you know, one that’s familiar and comfortable and he closes his eyes and kisses back
- she pulls back and says TO. THOR. “HE’S A GOOD KISSER, I LIKE THAT A LOT.”
- A LOT
- AND THE MUSIC GETS CLIMACTIC AND THERE ARE ALL THESE QUEER RELATIONSHIPS GOING ON RIGHT BESIDE THEM PEOPLE ARE KISSING AND EMBRACING AND DANCING AND THAT WHOLE MONTAGE JUST REINFORCES THE FACT THAT THIS IS NORMAL!! THESE TWO BOYS!! JUST FEELING A LITTLE BIT IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER!! ITS NOT OUT OF PLACE IT’S OKAY!!
- they’re both so shy and it’s so pure!! like clearly this whole time thor has had a crush on dizzee as well and they don’t want to mess up and the beautiful girl in the corner is just like “this is the sweetest thing ever”
- thor gives him
- to reassure him because this is a hugely overwhelming experience for dizzee lbr!!
- and you can tell that dizzee is entranced by this whole situation because never in his LIFE did he expect a boy he liked to like him back!! he never anticipated that he would get to live THIS FREE !!
and they get closer and closer together and in a second we see a dozen people lock lips simultaneously, then the two of them slowly part, we’re left to imagine the magic and the wonder of dizzee’s first kiss with a boy (which i ❤❤❤❤❤).
- MYLENE CRUZ HERSELF BEGINS SINGING AS THEY STAY TOGETHER JOINED AT THE FOREHEAD FOR A FEW SECONDS BEFORE SLOWLY PULL APART, A MANTRA OF ‘SET ME FREE’ FOLLOWING THE TWO OF THEM AS THEY MEET ONE ANOTHER’S EYES
- THOR IS GRINNING
- SO HARD
- dizzee has straight up just kissed the boy he’s crushing on well enough for thor to look at him like dizzee is the SUN AND SKY
- they dance together a bit and then the beautiful girl joins them and it’s probably the best romance story ever written. romeo and juliet who? i don’t know them.
- i’m sick of this show blasting me with emotions i’m a weak bitch i can’t handle it
My boy Jake Peralta tip toeing by saying “for the rest of our relationship” instead of “our lives” very carefully choosing his words because he is too scared to say what he really feels out loud oh my God would you believe this puppy
If elected officials in your state are not immediately standing up for public schools and education like this after Devos’ confirmation, call them out and let them know they won’t have your vote in the upcoming elections.
author’s note: hey everyone! so i know that i haven’t uploaded a fic in a literal month, and i am so sorry. this fic was sort of rushed because of my guilt haha. so its not the best. but i hope you enjoy it nonetheless!
The summer heat beat down on Evan’s skin. The
sun rays were crisping his pale complexion, torturing the freckles on his back.
It was the middle of July, and young Hansen still had yet to receive his
letter. It was all that his relatives spoke to him about. At every barbeque,
Thanksgiving dinner, and holiday; it was to be mentioned. He was of age to
attend Hogwarts. And it seemed like that’s all they cared about. They never
asked him how he was, what he enjoys doing, or if he likes school. They asked
him what animal he would bring as a messenger, what house he thought he would
be sorted into, what classes he would enroll in. Much to their dismay, Evan had
no idea. If he had to be honest with himself, he was more worried than excited.
The anxiety crawled under his skin, thinking about leaving his mother alone in
their big house. His mother, Heidi, was a healer. She used her wizardry to help
the sick. But Evan knew that no spell on Earth would mend her broken heart, for
when he left for Hogwarts.
He pondered over these thoughts whilst he sat
in the big oak tree, on his front lawn. His right leg sat beneath him whilst
his left leg curled up towards his chest. He gazed out onto the dry lawn. The
summer heat was unbearable this summer, drying every crop in sight. He wondered
how his mother would manage to mow the lawn, water the plants, and weed the
garden while he was away. He wondered what she would do with all of her fall
vegetables – possibly freezing them in a stew for when he returned. He wondered
who would make her tea and tuck her into bed on her hard nights. He wondered
who would tuck him into bed and make him tea on all of his hard nights. He
wondered about all of these things.