✏️ Tips for Learning a Language ✏️
✏️ Talk To Yourself
- this helps me so so so much. I start thinking my languages when I complain about my cats when they’re being annoying.
✏️ Keep Yourself Interested
- It’s hard work to learn a language. Find ways to keep yourself entertained. Aesthetic notes, fan fiction or buying your favorite books in your language is helpful.
- this shit is so helpful. look up videos, listen to music, watch stupid challenge videos, it’ll immerse you into the language.
✏️ Pocket Dictionaries
- I have a whole self of german dictionaries (thanks mom), and honestly, it’s so helpful to look through them. Keep them on hand to find words that you don’t know
✏️ Accept Mistakes
- You’re learning an entirely new way to communicate. Honestly, you’ll make a lot of mistakes. When you accept it, it becomes less traumatizing to mess up
✏️ Change your phone and games
- Ok, I didn’t wanna do this, but I did. The moment I switched my phone to french, oh my god, it was so immersive. I didn’t even know how much time i spent reading on my phone until I switched. I did switch back, and I felt less immersed. So honestly, it helps. I’m an active Minecraft player, so I changed my game to French. Holy fuck did that help.
✏️ Take notes ALL THE TIME
- Find a quote you like? write it down. Find a new word? write it down. Song? WRITE THAT SHIT DOWN.
✏️ Tumblr blogs are helpful
- I follow a les mis blog that posts about the french election in french and honestly, seeing memes and slang in french is so helpful, like yes.
Not all of these will work for you, but they help for me, so I hope that you benefit from this.