- California has a travel ban of its own.
- On Thursday, California Attorney General Xavier Becerra blocked any state-funded travel to Texas, Alabama, South Dakota and Kentucky because of anti-LGBTQ legislation passed in these states.
- These four states join a list of others — including North Carolina, Kansas and Mississippi —where nonessential travel is restricted for government employees.
- Taxpayer money “will not be used to let people travel to states who chose to discriminate,” Becerra said, according to the AP
- Each of the four states has passed anti-LGBTQ legislation since 2017 began. Read more (6/23/17)
Hi Hi! I'm very femme and my gf is stone butch and we've been together 3 years and my entire family has met her but when I was staying at my aunts with her this weekend they said they would feel more comfortable if we slept apart. I felt a little hurt, especially when they said we couldn't take care of my niece together because they were worried. I'm wondering if I'm overreacting because everyone is saying I am... idk just looking for a second opinion.