Making Haitian Hot chocolate ☕️ 😄 🌴🇭🇹#haiti #hot #chocolate #haitian
* 1 haitian cocoa ball/stick
* 3 to 4 cups of water (or more depending on how consistent you want your hot chocolate to be)
* 1 can of 12 oz evaporated milk (preferable Carnation milk). You can also add some coconut milk if you want.
* Sugar to taste
* 1 pinch of salt
* 2 to 3 Star Anise
* 1 tsp of vanilla essence
* 1 cinnamon stick
1. In a pot, boil your water with the star Anise and cinnamon stick
2. Add your cocoa ball. Cover your pot and let it boil for about 15 mns or until the ball has completely dissolved in your water.
3. Turn off your fire. Use a strainer to strain your semi homogeneous mix.
4. Turn your fire back on at a low temperature. Bring back your fluid into the pot.
5. Add your milk, sugar, vanilla essence and pinch of salt
6. Boil for 15 more minutes. Make sure you don’t cover the pot while doing so because your milk might rise and make a mess of your oven.
7. Enjoy with some good Haitian bread and butter. (That’s the traditional way to have it!)