(Short dude problems) I am with you, brother. Here are some tips for my homies:
- Shirts and pants with vertical stripes make you appear taller. Just don’t stand next to tall titan people.
- Tighter pants makes your legs look thinner, therefore making you look taller.
- Nothing wrong with being short. You could land some clothes in the boys department. I found my favorite Avengers shirt in that section.
- Creepers/platform shoes are so rad, man. They add a few centimeters to your height and look hella punk rock.
- Jackets and coats that cover your bunbuns are comfy, but they make you look short. Maybe you can add a pair of creepers and a beanie and call yourself a tall punk rock homie.
- If you find a pair of pants that are too long, you can fold the bottoms up.
- Make sure your shirt collar isn’t too loose around your neck. Tightening your bowtie or tie might help make your collar shirt appear more of a good fit on you. But be careful not to tighten it too much.
- CHEATING BOWTIE TRICK: I used to sew bows for my sisters to put in their hair, and I had some leftovers without bobby pins. I had an idea to use a string and tie the bow around my neck as a ghetto bowtie and it looked like a fine ass bowtie. Search up “bow no sew tutorial”.
After making a bow, just pull a string that’s long enough to tie around your neck comfortably through that little middle loop and tuck the tied string ends under you collar shirt. Tadahhh $5 or less bowtie :D
- Longer vests hide them curvy hips, bruh.
- Trench coats are nice. Makes you feel like a badass fallen angel (;
- Fixing the seams of your clothes can help make a better fit for your body. You can even take old, baggy clothes and resew them as new ones.
- TWEEEEEED. Tweed is good. Makes you look like a polished gentleman.
- Newsboy hats are pretty swell. Easy fix for a bad hair day.
- Caps and snapbacks are cool too.
- There are several makeup tutorials on making yourself look more masculine. Just Google “crossplay” or “ftm” makeup. The main tips are to contour your jawline, nose, cheekbones, neutralize the color of your lips a little with a dab of concealer, and fill in your eyebrows.
- *Morgan Freeman’s voice* OLD SPICE.
- A pair of oxford and chukka shoes can take you far with most outfits. Yes, even in pjs and sweats. Just watch out for the fashion police.
- Binders are awesome and will flatten your chest. DON’T USE ACE BANDAGES NO NO NO And don’t get a cheap $10 binder from China on Amazon if you plan to wear one daily. I bought one, but the material was not elastic. I rarely wear it. But it works fine if you’re cosplaying.
- Sport bras are a good substitute for binders. The ones designed to compress breasts are even better.
- Socks can get you a male yoohoo bulge. And it’ll keep your yoohoo warm during the cold winter! It’s like a sweater for your yoohoo! Oh my god, I’m never getting a date…
- Watches are great. But POCKETWATCHES, MMM YAS
- Polo shirts look good. Darker colored polos will help hide your chest.
- KNITTED SWEATERSasdfgljkklhsda;
- You can get a lot of male clothes from WalMart or Target. Don’t underestimate Walmart’s clothing selections. You can get work out gear, Hanes or Fruit of the Looms boxers, briefs, superhero t-shirts for less than $10, plain t-shirts, basically a whole wardrobe at these two stores. So instead of going to GAP and spending half of your rent on a few things, you can probably get a cartload of clothes and stop by for a dvd and some snacks at Walmart.
- If you want to start a new wardrobe, buy simple and neutral-colored clothes first. It’s easier to mix and match black, white, gray, beige, and navy blue colored pants and shirts together than say, green, mahogany, red, and light blue.
- Check out minimal fashion. It’s simple and uses basic colors for each outfit, usually black and white.
- H & M has a wide variety of nice-looking clothes. I would say it has a better quality and designs compared to Forever 21.
- If you’re too lazy or shy to shop around at the mall, try online shopping.
- If you’re buying cheap t-shirts or any other clothing on Ebay or Amazon, MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE REVIEWS. I ordered a design t-shirt from China a few months back but it has never been shipped to me.
- AND WATCH OUT FOR THE SIZES. Check your measurements. Asian clothings are mostly one size smaller. Not all sizes are universal. A small size for males can be a medium for females. I bought a coat online WHICH IS PRETTY RISKY that was a size small but ended up being too big for me. Ended up Christmas gifting it for my dad.
- Barbershops are better for male haircuts than hair salons, or so I’ve heard.
- LONG HAIR CAN BE MANLY. PULL OFF A MAN BUN. KEEP IT DOWN AND LOOK LIKE A LEAD GUITARIST FOR A DEATH METAL BAND. TIE IT IN A LOW PONYTAIL, PUT ON A PAIR OF AVIATOR GLASSES AND A SUIT, AND VOILA YOU LOOK LIKE A BADASS HITMAN
Thank you guys for all the notes on my 1st FTM tips post. I felt that I’ve done good and offered a helping hand to people. You guys take care (’ v ’)/
And here’s some more recent tips:
- Guys usually stick their chests outward and keep their shoulders back rather than hunch over. This posture would help boast your confidence. - If you want to start working out but are afraid of working out in a public gym, find a work-out buddy to support you or exercise at home with free weights. USE YOUR SURROUNDINGS. TEXTBOOKS CAN BE USED AS FREE WEIGHTS. BENCHPRESS YOUR ELECTRIC GUITAR. - Be careful when working out while wearing your binder. You may have to take longer breaks. If it helps, wear your binders a tad bit looser. - Pick up dancing, martial arts, tennis, rock climbing, swimming, or any form of physical exercise to keep your body and brains healthy. - When you’re coming up with a work-out plan, balance out cardio and weight-training days. You have to do cardio to help you tone your body. - Some foods can help you lower your estrogen levels and increase your testosterone. Here are some: tuna, oysters, egg yolk, cabbage, asparagus, garlic, bananas, almonds. - Lean your head back. Take a deep breath. Now exhale. You got this, man. Don’t worry. You look great. - DONT LET NOBODY TELL YOU THAT THE STUFF YOU DO MAKES YOU LOOK FEMININE LIKE WTF GUYS CAN USE MAKEUP GUYS CAN KNIT AND COOK AND WEAR HIGH CROP TOPS THERE ARE NO SUCH THING AS GENDER LABELS DO WHAT YOU FEEL BE WHO YOU ARE AND FUCK ANYBODY WHO DENIES YOUR IDENTITY BECAUSE THE ONLY THING THATS INVALID IS THEIR FUCKING IGNORANCE ♡
tuan family wearing pink & the homies wearing a pink shirt with mark’s BEAUTIFUL photo *** bambam calling papa tuan daddy and the mama tuan mom and asking papa to dab and papa actaully dabbing making mark run across the stage *** homies cheering for yugyeom *** THE WHOLE SEE THE LIGHT PERFORMANCE COS THAT SHIT IS GOLD I LOVE THAT SONG *** MARK THRUSTING LIKE FAM GO WILD IN FRONT OF HIS FAMILY *** MAKING JB DANCE AND MARK SAYING “SINCE YOUR BACK HURTS DO IT SLOWLY” *** BAMBAM’S TURN TO DANCE BB: WHAT DO I DO JS ANYTHING YOU LIKE COS YOURE THE NASTIEST *** YUGYEOMS TURN TO DANCE BB: YOU GUYS KNOW CHRIS BROWN SONG _____? *CROWD CHEERS BUT NO ONE SINGS* BB: YOU GUYS CANT SING (OKAY FOR THIS PART I COULDN’T REMEMBER HIS EXACT WORDS BUT IT WENT SOMETHING LIKE THAT) *** THE WHOLE IF YOU DO PERFORMANCE (MY FRIEND HAD TO STOP STREAMING AND IT’S HER ALL TIME FAV COS OF BAMBAM’S PART AND SHE WAS GOING CRAZY LOL) *** HOMIES CHEERING AGAIN *** SPIN ROULETTE… CAMERA PANNED TO THIS GIRL AND A HOMIE WENT BESIDE HER SO THAT HE CAN BE SEEN HOMIES WERE NEXT AND THEY WEREN’T FOLLOWING THE MOVES MARK:HEY WHAT R U GUYS DOING *** (so i sort of calmed down so im back to not using caps lock lol) towards the end of confession song js: happy halloween yj(?): happy easter bb: happy thanksgiving and when it ended bb: so random *** bb: andrew where r u *** bb: u know im kinda inlove with the US rn *** i love bambam the boy’s growing up giving us inspiring words i love you dear *** js: thank you la for giving us mark <3 <3 <3 *** mark said sorry cos his friends are crazy and that theyll come back probably next year and that its not a promise that he can keep but they’ll work hard bb: give a shoutout mark: they’re to many *** homies chanting MARK TUAN yugyeom’s turn to speak and he starts chanting mark tuan and suddenly the crowd starts chanting all their names with mark pointing at who to chant and the homies starting to chant yugyeom’s name *** yugyeom saying he feels like he’s also home *** photo time with bambam asking what pose to do 1. LA pose? *crowd reacts* no?? and goes to ask if there was something he did not know 2. west side? 3. you want to dab? 4. just do a heart (he then said sorry[again not sure] if there was something that he did not know about the pose) *** bb: damn daniel *** this concert has been an amazing one