Independent Study! (help?)
I’m doing an Independent Study in my Fall semester!
(first semester of my senior year)
Problem is… I’m not sure what to do to improve my portfolio? I’ve got some ideas though!
I’m interested in:
- User Interface
- User Experience
- Creating Guides/Tutorials
- Creating a system/set of something (I like branding, but I already have branding in my portfolio)
What I’m thinking so far:
- Sketch-note a booklet about design thinking
- A website that’s kind of like an online story (interactive storybook where clicking takes you to different places)
- Series of tutorials (over the programs maybe? And possibly interactive?)
- Zine of something (not sure what)
- Card set with a web/booklet format to support it
- A typography guide
- Icon set for each letter of the alphabet
- A guide for my Business of Design class that I’m taking right now (it’s a pretty dry lecture class at the moment, so a fillable paper guide to help students get through it.
- A visual guide on a program (Photoshop or Illustrator, not sure which)
Any of these sound TOO COOL to pass up or does anyone else have any ideas? If not, please at least signal boost because I really need to figure this out soon in order for us to make the syllabus and proposal!
Thanks in advance! <3